Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 15:51   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
A-star is not easy to drive in city.
- 1600mm wide. That means 110mm bigger than our most preferred city cars like wagonR/estillo/spark/santro
----
About GM service. Tts 3 year parts and service warranty. That means you will also gets replacement of any part if it goes faulty. So 0 maintenance is true.

Good analysis ritz ! I totally agree! For city car ... A star can never copmpete with wagonR/estillo/santro /sparks
Old 18th December 2008, 16:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on freezing on the Spark. Do keep us updated with the buying experience and the photos!
Old 18th December 2008, 17:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Excellent decision. Have fun with her. She's a cutie. :-)
Old 4th June 2009, 17:21   #64

Its been more than one and half year now to my spark-LS.I have Santro-XO(eRLX) also.I find spark to be better than Santro in:
1.)Cabin Noise
2.)Mileage (getting 14-15/l, always what ever conditions)
3.)Passenger comfy, suspensions are much better than Santro, Alto etc
4.)comfy rides(due to its low CG)
5.)good servicing by GM, Bangalore (GM trying to benchmark them at par with Maruti)
6.)Better power steering
7.)similar efficient AC
8.)malfunctioning lamp as add-on
Long live spark.
I completed more than 12000km in one year.Driving from bangalore to Medikere(coorg), Kotagiri(Near Ooty), Belur-sravanabelgola and so many long drives.Be it flat, bumpy or hilly, spark proven to be excellent.with good amount of offers festive season+GM employee I got this car little more cheaper. Its a good car friends.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:11   #65
BHPian

Does GM India produce all the parts in India for the spark? Basically, is the bankruptcy filing of the mother company affecting anything ? I know GM India has not been included in it , but the bad publicity usually means new customers shy away from these cars and this spells doom for the company.

I love this car too, so for its sake I am going to hope that all stays well with GM India.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:46   #66
BHPian

Spark is definitely a better choice than A star.

Congrats.
Old 5th June 2009, 05:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Does GM India produce all the parts in India for the spark? Basically, is the bankruptcy filing of the mother company affecting anything ? I know GM India has not been included in it , but the bad publicity usually means new customers shy away from these cars and this spells doom for the company.

I love this car too, so for its sake I am going to hope that all stays well with GM India.
There are so many threads discussing about this. Anyway, the spares are all manufactured here. None are from US. These are all from Daewoo. So, originally from Korea.

Regarding the fate of GM India. Yes, it is very critical. Eventhough they may or may not have direct impact from US, they will certainly have drop down in sales due to people mind set. It needs to regain the brand. Also, GM has to rigorously market to keep selling. I know this is tough, but they need to if they wanna survive.
Old 18th July 2009, 09:17   #68
BHPian

I think GM is doing great in rebuilding its image in India. Yes there was a initial paranoia about bankruptcy but I think GM did a great job in being honest. I have a Spark so I am a GM customer and after the 1st june 2009 filing I got a call from our local GM showroom that all things are in order and there is no change in warranty/deals/commitments what-so-ever.
And being in Pune I have many relatives-of-friends working in GM at Talegaon who have confirmed this situation. Infact they were all gung-ho over the launch of Chevy Cruze.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks