Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 15:33   #31
BHPian

i just sold my petra 1.6 a few days back.
just yesterday i came across a well maintained swift vdi run 28k looking in mint condition.took a td liked it.iv paid the token for the car and booked it.
guys the turbo kicks in at around 2200rpm and then the car takes off.it should kick in at 2000rpm right?
is it advisable to get the car checked in a maruti authorised service station?
Old 14th March 2009, 17:07   #32
BANNED

Hi shanty,

Congrats on disposing your petra,other wise you would have lost all your wealth spending for it.

BTW welcome to Swift D club,wish you all the best fun & life in it.

Yes ,please take it to the authorized dealer to get it checked.after you take the delivery of it,dont give it for service immediately.drive it for say 1000kms and note down all the repairs if any.then get it serviced ,change all the olis even if it is not required (so that you can keep track of the cars service interval from then on)

Enjoy Swift D experiance !!!!!
Old 14th March 2009, 17:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
just yesterday i came across a well maintained swift vdi run 28k looking in mint condition.took a td liked it.iv paid the token for the car and booked it.
Since you have already booked it, can you back track?

Please give the details re: the year of manufacture and try to find out the reasons for selling at 28k.

Look at the tyres and before you go ahead get it checked at least with two reliable mechanics.
Old 14th March 2009, 17:57   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post

Please give the details re: the year of manufacture and try to find out the reasons for selling at 28k.

Look at the tyres and before you go ahead get it checked at least with two reliable mechanics.
Now a days there is a trend.The people who had their salary cut are sellign their expensive cars and buying budget cars.

am telling this with confidence because yesterday i came across a HR manager,who had 40% salary cut and he was selling his NHC and looking out to buy a maruti swift or wagon R
Old 15th March 2009, 07:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Now a days there is a trend.The people who had their salary cut are sellign their expensive cars and buying budget cars.
... selling his NHC and looking out to buy a maruti swift or wagon R
I agree with you josh, but then why would one sell a SWIFT VDi? IMO it is one of the most economical cars in terms of FE and not very expensive to maintain.
Old 15th March 2009, 18:34   #36
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with you josh, but then why would one sell a SWIFT VDi? IMO it is one of the most economical cars in terms of FE and not very expensive to maintain.
Hi,Its not about the FE and maintenance cost.It about the saving as much as possible to avoid future risks and not able to pay EMIs
Old 16th March 2009, 00:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:

the owner is buying a ford endeavour.

i had taken the car to spectra motors thane for a thorough check up.
technician took a test drive(quite a long one).only thing he mentioned that the brake pads need to be changed and wheel alignment has to be done.engine in good condition and suspension in good condition although the front side bush might have to be changed in another 5-8k.
gear box and clutch in good condition too.

then the car was lofted up and the under body revealed that the car has taken a hit underneath,front bumper has been changed and a lower arm has been changed.he said that the car might have taken a hit on a big speed braker/stone

he also said that the A/C condensor might have to be changed.but while he was taking the t.d he was really impressed by the A/C and its chilling.it cooled the cabin damn fast inspite of the noon sun.
other than that he said that the car has no problems what so ever.
just the front brake pads need to be changed immediately and condensor might need a change.

the dealer started at 4.60lacs and reduced upto 4.40lacs not a penny less.

its a white vdi with autocop,leather steering wheel,leather gear knob,rear spoiler(which looks great!),sporty exhaust pipe attachment,sports pedals,well maintained interiors.basically the car looks new.its got a v.i.p number too!
tyres are good for another 10k.comprehensive insurace valid till sept 09.
iam planning to negotiate with the dealer for the condensor.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
the dealer started at 4.60lacs and reduced upto 4.40lacs not a penny less.
What is the year of manufacturing.

IMHO the car may be in great condition, but you pay 50K more and get a new Ldi instead. Even the Bank loan rates have come down now.

I feel that at 4,40,000/- the VDi which has run almost 28K is a tad overpriced.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:04   #39
BHPian

guys..
iv cancelled the deal for the vdi .thank fully iv got my token back.
it turned out to be a accident affected car with front bonnet and bumper changed.the engine pick up post 2000 rpm was also not satisfactory.

iv checked out around 7 vdi/ldi since then but i havent come across even one good car.all of them had run around 28-30k kms and there was even one in true value which had done only 12k.
from service records in maruti authorised service centres i could find out that two of them had their odo meters tampered.almost all of them had their front/rear bumpers changed.in fact the certified car at true value was badly accident affected with signs of weldings and re painting all over!
when i asked the sales fellow he said confidently that maruti does not certify accident affected cars.i showed him the areas which were done up and he agreed with me saying that those are just minor touch ups.even the apron part showed sgns of re moulding and welding so one can just imagine the intensity of the accident.
further more the car didnt have any service recoerds what so ever!

but whats baffling me is that of all the 6-7 cars that i test drove not one car had decent turbo kick! typically i found noooo turbo kick in 2nd gear.it could only be marginally felt in 3rd and 4th gears and only after agressively flooring the pedal...
almost all of them made a lot of engine noise too

i have driven my friends DDis extensively and i know what the experiance is like.

in these times of recession i was thinking of opting for a used 2007 DDIS (vdi/ldi) which would be in the range of 3.85lacs-4.35 lacs. that way i would be saving a healthy 1-1.25 lacs.
but now after my experiance iam really thinking of going in for a new car.
iam going to be patient for a few more days and then will make a final decision
Old 24th March 2009, 14:11   #40
Team-BHP Support

Shanty, you could consider the Vista if you are on a tight budget. Otherwise, the LDi will be the most logical choice
Old 24th March 2009, 14:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

shanti, i would still advice you to go for a new car instead of used ddis, ldi or vista would fulfill your quench for it, better stay away from used ones as i have also seen those used swifts in my city which were either accident cases or rughed up too badly to buy, take time and make a wise decision that you wont regret later on.CHEERS!!
Old 24th March 2009, 14:40   #42
BHPian

Off Topic - The Vista is NOT a poor man's alternative to the Swift. Its very competitive car but unfortunately carries the Indica brand name with it. Else the car is a killer.
Shanty - If you considering the Vista, please do PM me. I'll provide U with all the help that I can.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Off Topic - The Vista is NOT a poor man's alternative to the Swift. Its very competitive car but unfortunately carries the Indica brand name with it. Else the car is a killer.
Shanty - If you considering the Vista, please do PM me. I'll provide U with all the help that I can.
thanks dude!
i loved the vista when i test drove it recently.
but iam apprehensive due to my past experiance of the indica v2 dls which had a lot of issues in it and the A-S-S which was not up to the mark.i had to sell of my 1 and half year old car at a great loss at that time.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:28   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Maverick, this is the precise reason that puts off a lot of people, me included from TATA vehicles. I would only buy it as a last resort. And there are a lot of people who share my opinion, and a lot of them who don't. To each his own

Quote:
thanks dude!
i loved the vista when i test drove it recently.
but iam apprehensive due to my past experiance of the indica v2 dls which had a lot of issues in it and the A-S-S which was not up to the mark.i had to sell of my 1 and half year old car at a great loss at that time.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
i just sold my petra 1.6 a few days back.
guys the turbo kicks in at around 2200rpm and then the car takes off.it should kick in at 2000rpm right?
is it advisable to get the car checked in a maruti authorised service station?
How much u sold it off for? Any specific reasons to sell such a beauty!

I still admire the S10, Petra and the Adventure...whenever i see them on road! Truly made for Indian roads..

A new Vdi might cost you 5.6+ i suppose. If you can wait, hold on till GP launch! You would have quite a options too at that time!

Think....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks