Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 16:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
swift v/s palio:-swift anyday but one thing that both cars share is the ingine .
You are true for the diesel, but the car in discussion here is a petrol...

I own a Vxi (non-ABS) for the last 3 yrs and I curse myself for not opting for the Zxi
Old 16th March 2009, 20:04   #17
BHPian

Thanks to the forum especially Karan...
Old 16th March 2009, 20:46   #18
BHPian

I test drove the i20 when it was launched when one of my friends wanted to buy one. I would simply go for the i20, the reasons you'll understand when you yourself see one and drive. The car is leagues ahead in terms of quality, kit and interior space.

It will cost you about 6.30 lacs for the medium version which has everything except the curtain airbags. Plus this is one vehicle you would love to own for years, since the space is at premium as compared to swift, wont rattle after 15 days of ownership and you'll be astonished to see its dashboard everyday of your drive. The features like the MID and others are super high quality and very impressive. I doubt you will feel like upgrading it even after 5 years of ownership, it is already ahead of its time and the competition.
Old 16th March 2009, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Cherish,
I own a Jan 09 ZXi. IMHO its a totally VFM car, if you dont have the "this is not reqd, that is useless" feeling. For the whatever price difference between the VXi and the ZXi, I'd rate the following as the important additions

1: Airbags - No 2nd thoughts
2: Automatic Climate Control - More of a luxury, but it really helps
3: Alloys - Go for it if you need good exchange rate - I got 20.5k when I exchanged the stock alloys.
4: Integrated Audio System - To avoid immediate spendings after car delivery - Upgrade if you feel
5: ABS - The VXi has an ABS model too
6: Seat height adjustment
7: Rear wiper/defogger

and some nitty gritty stuff here and there. Since you've listed down accessories prices worth 91k, I guess budget is not a constraint. So go for the ZXi - Plus there are very few on the roads compared to VXi/VDi. So exclusivity is maintained.

The i20 might be ahead of its times, but the engine isnt. Forget the engine, I'd have bought the i20 if Hyundai would have promised to engine upgrades for the next 2 years. But I know that the 1.4 and CRDi will be here. And my resale will go for a toss. Sample this : The price difference between the 1.1 Magna and 1.2 Magna for the i10 is 8000. Imagine the plight of all the early buyers of the i10 IRDe!

Hope this helps
Old 16th March 2009, 23:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Thanks to the forum especially Karan...
you are always welcome !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Cherish,

3: Alloys - Go for it if you need good exchange rate - I got 20.5k when I exchanged the stock alloys.
the ZXi - Plus there are very few on the roads compared to VXi/VDi.
you got a good deal for your oe alloys for 4/5.

thats a funny ans(take it in good spirit) does it make any difference at last swift is swift

Last edited by karankapoor : 16th March 2009 at 23:11.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:58   #21
BHPian

Thanks all for help. For me right now budget is not a constraint (not yet hit by recession ).

I like the exclusivity part (saw so many Vxi and hardly few Zxi's). Read somewhere that ZXi has very less rattling issues. Is it true?

I too am apprehensive of the power part of i20. I haven't test driven though (will be doing this weekend). ZXi comes for 6.2 on road (with accessories and changes) i guess it will come to 6.5L. I think I will keep it for min of 5 Years. Does this make sense?

Airwind has given suggestion saying go for Diesel. I think the high end Diesel also comes for almost the same price. Is it worth to go for diesel. Apart from lower fuel charges...any performance differences?
Old 17th March 2009, 13:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
you are always welcome !!!

you got a good deal for your oe alloys for 4/5.

thats a funny ans(take it in good spirit) does it make any difference at last swift is swift
Karan,
The exchange rate was for 5 OE alloys. So in the end I paid 26k for 5 Lenso Samurais SC-01 and Yoko A-Drives. Imagine paying 47k for those 2 days after buying the car

And yes Swift is a Swift, its just a self-pleasing technique
Old 17th March 2009, 13:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Karan,
The exchange rate was for 5 OE alloys. So in the end I paid 26k for 5 Lenso Samurais SC-01 and Yoko A-Drives. Imagine paying 47k for those 2 days after buying the car

Hey fountainheader...

Did you get the alloys and tyres changed from the dealer itself? If you have done outside...did it void warranty? and also did you change the music system?
Old 17th March 2009, 13:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karan,

breakup price for lenso and a drives i think 22k for lenso & ballance for tyre's.

the day i took the delivery of my car,the very same say i got the alloy&tyres changed.i remember this because my driver was with me he asked me sir why are you getting the tyres changed we had just taken the delivery
Old 17th March 2009, 15:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for help. For me right now budget is not a constraint (not yet hit by recession ). Its a buyers market... you get plenty of discounts for financial year end + poor sales due to recession + better interest rates... cool

I like the exclusivity part (saw so many Vxi and hardly few Zxi's). Read somewhere that ZXi has very less rattling issues. Is it true? Nope

I too am apprehensive of the power part of i20. I haven't test driven though (will be doing this weekend). ZXi comes for 6.2 on road (with accessories and changes) i guess it will come to 6.5L. I think I will keep it for min of 5 Years. Does this make sense? Yes

Airwind has given suggestion saying go for Diesel. I think the high end Diesel also comes for almost the same price. Is it worth to go for diesel. Apart from lower fuel charges...any performance differences?
Yes if your running justifies the difference and you can wait for 4 months... from a fun to drive perspective, tonnes of difference, the turbo of the diesel is simply addictive, but ensure to opt for the ABS and tire upsize to 195R15.

Happy Hunting!
Old 17th March 2009, 16:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for help. For me right now budget is not a constraint (not yet hit by recession ).

Read somewhere that ZXi has very less rattling issues. Is it true?
where did you read this

what you average daily drive,if it is 30/40km a day then go for petrol.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:48   #27
BHPian

Hey just read the news that Honda is launching their Jazz soon

Khabrein.info

Considering the fact that Swift has waiting period of around 2 months, I think its better to wait till that time. And also Grande Punto is also launching around that time. With so much competition, there will be discounts too
I have to keep tab on the market too!!!
I know there is no limit for greed
Old 17th March 2009, 21:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I like the exclusivity part (saw so many Vxi and hardly few Zxi's). Read somewhere that ZXi has very less rattling issues. Is it true?

I too am apprehensive of the power part of i20. I haven't test driven though (will be doing this weekend). ZXi comes for 6.2 on road (with accessories and changes) i guess it will come to 6.5L. I think I will keep it for min of 5 Years. Does this make sense?

Why pay 1 lac more for exclusivity? Buy the ZXI etching (or logo or whatever it is called) and paste it on your car

Swift diesel performance is miles ahead of the petrol. You can search T-Bhp and you will see terrabytes of information about the torque of the diesel engine. Even if the running is less it is much better to go for the diesel compared to the esteem engined swift petrol.
As swift petrol FE = 10 or 11 max and swift diesel is min 15 to 17. Coupled with the fun factor of the diesel torque.
In Bangalore nowadays I see 9 VDIs for every VXI so numbers speak for themselves

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 17th March 2009 at 22:08.
Old 18th March 2009, 02:04   #29
BHPian

@Karan and Revhappy...

My usage is limited to something like 20-25 km on an average day with one trip of say 100-200kmevery month... so it wont cross 1000 km....

considering the reviews...VDi seems to be the choice...but the wait time for diesel is too high.some say 4-6 months and am obviously thinking... if the insane waiting period still remains the same... then I will wait for Jazz or Grande Punto. But if they too offer the same 1.2L engine as i20 then there is no point

At the end of this 2 weeks of browsing figured that car choosing is one hell of job and mind wanders from one edge to other within minutes
Old 18th March 2009, 10:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Why pay 1 lac more for exclusivity? Buy the ZXI etching (or logo or whatever it is called) and paste it on your car
Haha. You think people wouldn't have thought that already ? I did see a couple of "ZXi" Swifts on road, but without the rear wiper

Karan
It was 26.5K for 5 SC-01 Alloys and 3900/tyre for the A-Drives. Prices are from Jan. Alloy prices depend a lot on the $ btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks