BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Since its women driven, i guess Ritz should be the one. I consider it for
1. Ease of driving
2. New looks
3. Proven Diesel Engine
4. Maruti Service Network
5. Good Resale Value (Considering only the Maruti Brand Name)
6. Hassle free ownership ( Considering the A.S.S)
+1 to that. Ritz is apt for city driving/but do try the Punto too before you decide

Last edited by v12 : 20th July 2009 at 15:35.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:53   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Most women are looking at ease of driving, light controls, a chuckable hatch, well put together interiors and a no-nonsense ownership experience. The Maruti Ritz diesel fits these requirements to the T (if petrol, then the Hyundai i10).

The Punto has a heavier (relatively) steering within the city, average gearshift quality, long clutch travel, large turning radius and inconsistent interior quality. The Indica Vista is a fab hatch when you're looking at space, but it isn't exactly a woman's favorite.

I say, go for the Ritz diesel.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Agree with GTO, For a lady Ritz/swift will be easier to drive then that of Punto. Though, you may also look upon i20 Diesel if you aren't budget constraint !!
Old 20th July 2009, 20:18   #50

I just got my GP MJD a few days ago, and I am loving it! I had test driven the i10, but the GP has this solid unflappable quality to it - feels safe, very safe. And it cruises like a dream....I don't have any problems with the gears or the clutch. In fact, for women like me, who are used to riding the clutch, the long throw is actually a boon, but I guess opinion could differ on this one.

I drive a Honda City Zx Vtec when I'm not driving the Punto, and I find both great to drive. The steering in the Punto is a bit heavier, but by no means difficult. The only thing I took some time to get used to was the horn (really), it feels a bit hard. And of course, my biggest grouse is that in the Punto, the vanity mirror is not on the driver's side. Which kind of sucks, but never mind. I am a tall woman, and I find the height adjustable driver's seat to be a boon. The visibility is great, and I love the pickup the car has in the 2nd gear, you can really get it up a slope at a really slow speed without shifting to 1st. Which is something I can't do in the City.

The mileage so far is great, which is another thing I like, and the music system is definitely better. Honestly speaking my GP is so much better looking than any i10 or Ritz. I hate the way the Ritz looks actually.

Just my 2 cents as a woman who drives a Punto.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:20   #51
BHPian

Definitely the Punto is a great car, but Fiat cant match up with the service and approachability of Maruti. Where ever you go, you can find Maruti service stations, and you ll never be let down.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:22   #52
BHPian

Hey,

I was going through the posts and found this review on Ritz VDI, check this out. Might help you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-ritz-vdi.html
Old 21st July 2009, 10:22   #53
BHPian

well took the test drive of ritz diesel.was highly impressed with the refinement inside the cabin and ease of driving.took it to my mothers clinic so that she too could have a dekho.asked her to try it out,and minutes later we were being driven along at 70 km/hr in sharp contrast to 40km/hr she usually drives her santro at.she also said that the seating was high and visiblity was great.wifey also liked it-same comments-ease of driving,refinement,cabin space.compared price of the top model(vdi abs)with base model i20 crdi-1 lakh diff-translates to 66000 kms worth diesel.punto not even considered due to horrific experience with 118 NE by family members.i liked punto but since i will not be driving it iwill stick by their decision most probably-morever for me after my verna vgt every car seems to be too slow.selected brick red color.will be booking in few days.trying to get some freebees from the dealer.there are 3 dealers,will check with them.will be upgrading tyres to Michelin xm1+,a good two din hu plus security system.any recomendations for hu n security?thanks everybody for help in choosing the car.if anybody wants to prove me otherwise in my decision they are welcome.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

For a lady, Punti is a strict no-no.
Even the Vista is better, with light clutch and great driveability and its more reliable than the old generation Indicas as well.

But Ritz fits the bill perfectly for reasons already given by some of the members.

Last edited by DCEite : 21st July 2009 at 13:53.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
PPS: Greenie, you didnt have the 1.2 i10 then, didja?
have driven a getz 1.3. Its okay, but not in the fun to drive region. I'd rather have a drive of the i20 CRDI
Old 21st July 2009, 14:49   #56

Couple of clarifications drchernish, if u havent figured out already. I own a Ritz VXI. The car does have an internal boot release. I have read in many threads that the Ritz doesnt have an internal boot realease. As far as the petrol VXi is concerned, it is incorrect, there is an internal boot release. I think the VDI too has it.

The biggest plus for you to choose the Ritz would be the driving position (front visibility, comfort etc) and the relative ease in the steering and clutch. It suits the women driver, just ensure that she doesnt go overboard and floor the pedal always

The internal space in Ritz is also quite good, which would be useful for your wife.

If ur monthly mileage is only around 500-600 Km (considering that it is the 3rd car in the family), you must think twice before going for the diesel, the difference between the diesel and petrol is almost 80k (Ritz VDI vs Ritz VXI). If u indeed do consider petrol, id also recommend u to have a look at i10 1.2 sportz which is a great car for women. Easy to drive, great interiors and feature rich. The dealers are offering good discounts on the i10 as well.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:41   #57
BHPian

Cheers on the decision Doctor, its a great engine backed with trusted Maruti service.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:18   #58
BHPian

Wishing you a happy buying experience in advance and a speedy delivery.
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:19   #59
BHPian

Hello drchernish,

So have you got the delivery of the car by now? What about a review and some photos?

I am also going to buy this car in Jan next yr.

Safe driving!
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dr,
Did you buy the car? If so what car did you buy? I do want to know the plus and minuses for the purchase of our family ladies in June. Please give the feed back with photos. Finally it is a democratic family the ladies will discuss in the forum and decide.Mine is to give the cheque to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks