Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 14:20   #31
BHPian

I have driven the Ritz but not the i10. I have every intention of doing so of course.

As for the calm discussion, I assume you mean Fiat. If so, do have a look at what happens when someone points fingers at the Tata Safari. Its a scene to be marvelled at, the mods have their hands full with those too
Old 26th July 2009, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Safari is also the car that figures in most of the "oh my god look at what TATA after sales is doing to me" threads. But people are gluttons for punishment.
Old 26th July 2009, 18:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by profold View Post
Many i-10 kappa owners like me would be grateful if reliable FE data on these two (spark and i10 kappa cars on the same city traffic condition can be posted. Thanks & cheers
Initially for the first 6000 kms or so, my Sparky was giving 13-15 kmpl. Worst was my trip to Ooty in which I got only 13.xx km/l. During my 2nd free service I complained of low FE. They replaced some parts (seal hood, sensor A-distance, bolt and nut, screen wash conc., air filter etc) free of cost under warranty. Since then, I am consistently getting 14-15 in Bangalore and 16-19 on long drives.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:31   #34
BHPian

I am consistently getting 11-12 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic and 17-19 kmpl in highways. All with 80-90% AC. I am happy with this FE as long as its not going below 17 kmpl in highways as I mainly use my car in highways.
Old 27th July 2009, 21:18   #35
BHPian

I own spark past 5 months and I am very happy with its performance. I get FE 14 (city) and 17 (highway) and its first service is due next month. Its a VFM car.
Very stable at high speeds, but there is a body roll in the turnings at high speed.
Interiors are roomy, but the boot is quiet small.
There is a surprisingly great power in 2nd and 3rd gear, which is very much required in city driving. Overall its a very good car to own.
Old 28th July 2009, 01:12   #36
BHPian

I had driven both Spark and i10. Both are good cars, but I feel overall Spark is a value for money car compared to i10. Following is my feeling and perception about both cars. Feel free to differ from this.

Parameter - Winner
1. Value for money - Spark
2. Build quality (exterior) - Spark
3. Build quality (interior) - i10
4. Fuel efficiency - Spark
5. Engine power (city) - i10
6. Engine power (highway) - Spark
7. Air Condition - Spark
8. Gear Shift - i10
9. Ride quality / comfort - Spark
10.High speed stability - Spark
11.Service Network - i10
12.Cabin space - Spark
13.Boot Space - i10
14.Lower Maintenance Expense (0-3 years) - Spark
15.Lower Maintenance Expense (3+ years) - Spark
16.Looks & Style - Spark
17.Better resale value (2009) - i10

Last edited by sunil8089 : 28th July 2009 at 01:16.
Old 28th July 2009, 06:50   #37
BHPian

Nice list Sunil , it should be a major help for most threads that are around here for similar comparisons. Besides, I think that the way you have given the marks is unbiased and correct
Old 29th July 2009, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

What would you guys suggest among the two. His priorities are Comfort, F.E, Hassle Free, and sufficient Highway capabilities in order of priority.
Given your requirements i would say spark LT is a better option,because spark has better ride quality, mileage.
Go for i10 if u want better looking interiors and slightly bigger car.
I too was in the same dilemma between spark & i10 and decided on spark.

But whatever you buy try to get a higher variant. Spark LT is real vfm with all the goodies loaded.
Rear defogger and wiper=very useful in kerala rains
Split seats
Fog lamps
and more....
Old 29th July 2009, 14:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
I had driven both Spark and i10. Both are good cars, but I feel overall Spark is a value for money car compared to i10. Following is my feeling and perception about both cars. Feel free to differ from this.

Parameter - Winner
1. Value for money - Spark
2. Build quality (exterior) - Spark
3. Build quality (interior) - i10
4. Fuel efficiency - Spark
5. Engine power (city) - i10
6. Engine power (highway) - Spark
7. Air Condition - Spark
8. Gear Shift - i10
9. Ride quality / comfort - Spark
10.High speed stability - Spark
11.Service Network - i10
12.Cabin space - Spark
13.Boot Space - i10
14.Lower Maintenance Expense (0-3 years) - Spark
15.Lower Maintenance Expense (3+ years) - Spark
16.Looks & Style - Spark
17.Better resale value (2009) - i10
As an i10 Kappa owner, i can tell you straight away dont agree on Point # 2, 6,7, 10,12,16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Besides, I think that the way you have given the marks is unbiased and correct
True, looks like totally unbiased since the heart and mind is set on a spark.

Sunil, dont think twice since you have decided on a spark go for it. The above list is proof that you have made up your mind.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

I wouldnt take an i10 onto the highway with my sort of driving. I drove a cousin's i10 and it was kinda wobbly. very softly sprung and felt like riding in an airbus in the bad roads near my house, but i dont think I'd use it for highways.

The spark was well planted, but it lacks road presence. You dont get much ruspect on the road driving a spark. Otherwise, its a nice car, especially if you can get hold of all the discounts they give
Old 29th July 2009, 15:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I wouldnt take an i10 onto the highway with my sort of driving. I drove a cousin's i10 and it was kinda wobbly. very softly sprung and felt like riding in an airbus in the bad roads near my house, but i dont think I'd use it for highways.
Is that not common with any tall boys? I found that the rear seat comfort is not so great in i10. Infact I liked the Santro rear seats better then i10.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:19   #42
BHPian

I agree with greenhorn , the sparks cute factor is definetely not what you want if you are looking for 'road presence'.

Guilty as charged Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

True, looks like totally unbiased since the heart and mind is set on a spark.

Old 29th July 2009, 15:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

The spark was well planted, but it lacks road presence. You dont get much ruspect on the road driving a spark. Otherwise, its a nice car, especially if you can get hold of all the discounts they give
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Is that not common with any tall boys? I found that the rear seat comfort is not so great in i10. Infact I liked the Santro rear seats better then i10.
BTW, I drive an i10 sportz and till now covered 9000 kms, out of which atleast 80% is ONLY on highways. I have driven it in various terrains - good roads, rough roads, bad roads and hill roads. Never felt or suffered from so called wobbly/instability or whatsoever.

BTW, my wife is very comfortable at sitting at the rear seats during our trips (may be subjective). And my average speed in highways is 60-70 km per hour. That means I need to keep her consistently at 100-110 km per hour so that I can maintain the average speed.

Its quite stable and I am confident. Once tried to push her beyond 150's, thats where I got scared. I would stay, there is a risk when you push her above 120-130s. BTW, most of the small cars are not safe in that speed.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:30   #44
BHPian

Both vehicles are pretty good for the highways and the city, is my feeling. However, one more aspect that tilts the odds to the i10, in my books is the resale value that the Hyundais give over the Chevrolets especially when near the 3 years time.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

So gemithomas are you able to decide which car you want to buy?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks