Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 23:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

I would say, go for the i10 1.2 Magna.
Not boring to drive.
Smooth engine.
Comfortable in city (easier for wifey driving it). Very chuckable in city.
Decent FE. Hyundai a.s.s is supposedly better than Maruti.
optional additional 2 year warranty available
very effective AC (much better than most Marutis in this segment)
Best interiors in class. excellant built quality.
One of the very few beige interiors that everyone likes.
Looks somewhat better than A-star. (subjective)
Approx 30000/- discounts available on outright purchase. Should be 4.50ish onroad bangalore.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:48   #32
BHPian

Prashanth,

If you can stretch your budget to the Ritz, there is no better car in the competition that you will like. Go for it with your eyes closed! The Ritz is spacious, powerful, the new engine has great FE, and it is backed by Maruti's unbeatable A.S.S. With 85 BHP and 113 Nm of torque, this car will keep the driver in you very happy, and with the space it has, it will be ready for any family duties that may crop up later in life. It is the best package for your needs.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

well well we had 3 pages of convincing, have you bought the A-Star ot not?

Old 14th September 2009, 13:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well well we had 3 pages of convincing, have you bought the A-Star ot not?
Nuts, A-Star is now out of the question. Wifey is totally against it. Mom and Dad are totally for Ritz, but that would be a little stretch, plus no freebies/discounts on Ritz. I considered Getz, but that is an outdated model. I considered Punto Active, but wondering whether to trust Fiat's and Tata's bad A.S.S reputation. For the same reasons, I contemplated on Indica Vista Aura Safire which is incredible VFM, but wondering about how durable the car will be and the A.S.S.

Finally I am planning to settle on i10, but then I never really liked the feel of the car. Will TD it once more to see how it drives before finalizing on it. If I liked the drive and the light feel of the car, then I will definitely be going for it. If I don't like the feel of the car, then again its back to working out my options.

Last ditch option is in the form of Ritz LXI. I'll manage without ICE for a few months, like how I have been doing for the last 2 years on my M800. Would've liked to have power windows, but after market ones seems to be expensive. Of course, I would have to go for some keyless entry solution, which will again set me back by 5k. Hmmmmmm.....

What would be the minimum cost for a decent ICE setup? No cheapo stuff, but I don't want a Bose(for cars) either.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

I read the entire thread and I feel that the Vista 1.2 FIRE suits your requirements the best.

As for the question on ICE, would you be willing to sacrifice some boot space for a sub? You can take a look at this thread for some good info. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

Last edited by Gilead : 14th September 2009 at 13:45.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:52   #36
BANNED

Its gonna be either i10 or Vista Petrol i suppose. You get lots of goodies with i10 but i dont know about with Vista
Old 14th September 2009, 17:25   #37
BHPian

I will go against VISTA because of its low fuel efficient engine it will give you average even less than Punto 1.4. Makes no sense to me.
i10 is the best option according to me. Maruti cars are not at all Solid and as they say in hindi "khadak jaati hai". Hyundai Fit and finish is way better than any maruti. I have an i10IRDE. I think its an amazing car the ac's superb and how can you not like the driving its fun to drive the steering is surely EPS so its very light. But it wont be so once you get a tyre upgrade and even if you dont go for tyre upgrade then isnt this what you need the lighter the steering the more comfortable the car gets. Just my two cents.
I am a big punto fan but Punto Active with no power window no goodies is not worth it for me. I will strongly ask you to consider i10. Its custom made for your requirement.
Old 14th September 2009, 18:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Nuts, A-Star is now out of the question. Wifey is totally against it. Mom and Dad are totally for Ritz, but that would be a little stretch, plus no freebies/discounts on Ritz.
Last ditch option is in the form of Ritz LXI. I'll manage without ICE for a few months, like how I have been doing for the last 2 years on my M800. Would've liked to have power windows, but after market ones seems to be expensive. Of course, I would have to go for some keyless entry solution, which will again set me back by 5k. Hmmmmmm.....

What would be the minimum cost for a decent ICE setup? No cheapo stuff, but I don't want a Bose(for cars) either.
hey are your parents and wife reading these pages??

anyway go for Ritz over other cars you have in mind. New car, better engine, go for it only if you can handle its shape! some people dont like it, i just love the shape!

dont stretch your budget buy going for small small thing like keyless and ICE, they can be added on later!

go for the Ritz with power window option!

Getz is Gone with the wind
Punto (FIAT) has a messy A.S.S. along with TATA!

say hello to your parents! (i also love Ritz)

Last edited by Parm : 14th September 2009 at 18:38.
Old 14th September 2009, 18:40   #39
BHPian

Prashanth,

TD the i10 1.1 IRDE Era with an unbiased mind. You will find it a much better VFM package than the Ritz LXi. I have already convinced you aganst the A-Star. Here are some pros to help you make the decision in favour of the i10 over the Ritz:

1. The i10 1.1 IRDE Era has a trim level is higher than the Ritz LXi. As for the "beige upholstery getting dirty" argument, any car you buy in India whether a Ritz or a Scorpio will demand to have seat covers installed, so that (seats getting dirty) is automatically taken care of.

2. The i10 1.1 IRDE Era comes with Front Power Windows, whereas the Ritz LXi does not have power windows.

3. The i10 1.1 IRDE Era has Central Locking (all 5 doors), whereas the Ritz LX1 does not feature central locking.

4. The i10 1.1 IRDE Era has an electric motor assisted power steering. Although this is more sensitive and lighter than the Ritz's steering, it has a lesser drain on the engine power and thereby improves the FE of the car. It also makes the car very stress free to drive in bumper to bumper city rush hour traffic. This is actually a boon in cities like Bangalore.

5. The i10 1.1 IRDE Era (13.2 kmpl overall) has more FE than the Ritz LXi (12.8 kmpl overall), and therefore it will be cheaper to run.

Take your family with you, especially your better half, and I am sure they will love the feel of the i10 and will be instantly convinced. As for you, I would suggest you TD the car in real life conditions (take her on the road from your home to your office) and you will realize the true potential of the car for you. All the best!
Old 14th September 2009, 19:11   #40
BHPian

after reading the 3 pages am convinced that Maruti should have made the A-Star a 2-door car
Another option is buy A-Star and throw the rear two doors away and use it as a Two door car
Old 14th September 2009, 19:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
hey are your parents and wife reading these pages??

anyway go for Ritz over other cars you have in mind. New car, better engine, go for it only if you can handle its shape! some people dont like it, i just love the shape!
They ain't that tech savvy, and thankfully so. I don't want em reading this and sitting on my head till I buy a Ritz. :P

Ritz is a killer car, or a car killer IMHO. I too love the looks and I have successfully managed to convince 50% of my teammates in office to love the car. I find the design refreshing and cool.

LXI I can manage. Just that the VXI is around 40k more which is quite surprising considering that there are only cosmetic differences. ZXI is superb VFM, and also superbly out of reach. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
after reading the 3 pages am convinced that Maruti should have made the A-Star a 2-door car
Another option is buy A-Star and throw the rear two doors away and use it as a Two door car
Believe me, if I ever get a car especially for myself, given the current range of models available, I would close my eyes and go for the A-Star. Black tape the radiator air vents, and the looks would improve drastically.

So this is my plan of action this weekend, or before if someone brings over a car to my office. I will TD the i10 era first. I will then TD the Ritz LXi. Finally to throw in a little bit of twist, I will TD the Vista Aura Safire. I hope I get TD vehicles close to the trim level that I want to buy.

Btw, to give you guys(n gals) a little bit more info about what I am looking for, I am not worried about maintenance. My company will take care of the regular service and maintenance, including picking up the car for service and delivering it back. So I am not going to be paying anything out of my pocket. I suppose bad A.S.S. doesn't matter to me as I am not going to be running behind the dealer, but I will just catch my company rep if the car has any kinks before or after service.

So does not worrying about A.S.S. bring up any new choices or help me focus on the other positives of the cars?
Old 14th September 2009, 21:04   #42
BANNED

Quote:
wondering whether to trust Fiat's and Tata's bad A.S.S reputation. For the same reasons, I contemplated on Indica Vista Aura Safire which is incredible VFM, but wondering about how durable the car will be and the A.S.S.
After the intial 3 / free / warranty services, you can / should take the vehicle to any other service station. I am sure that the Indica user group (yahoo groups) will help you locate one. I am quite impressed by the Indicas (not the vistas I have seen). Not examined a well used vista so far.

Quote:
Finally I am planning to settle on i10, but then I never really liked the feel of the car.
Upgrade the tyres!!!

Quote:
10K. For 4 speakers + a Head Unit capable of reading from USB drives. Look in the ICE section, and you will add another zero to that. It would matter, since zeroes are not supposed to have any value. ;-P

Quote:
will TD the Vista Aura Safire. I hope I get TD vehicles close to the trim level that I want to buy.
Make sure you get the petrol version. I am sure you will sell your soul to buy one once you TD the turbo'ed Diesel VIstas.

Quote:
My company will take care of the regular service and maintenance, including picking up the car for service and delivering it back.
You working for a car dealership?
Old 14th September 2009, 21:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
You working for a car dealership?
Nope , but one of the benefits of working for a single company since the past 5 years.
Old 15th September 2009, 09:51   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Discussion on A-star completed, other alternatives have been discussed comprehensively on other thread. Please search.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks