Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:42   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Well, that way, the Jazz doesn't come with auto-climate-control or auto-retractable-ORVMs. And those can be deal-breakers as well. Especially since every other car in the premium-hatch segment comes with them. Every car has it's positives and negatives. One must just learn to live with it.

I'm sure the defogger and rear-wiper can be installed at the dealership.
For a hatch, rear wipers make a lot of sense as the rear windshield can gather a lot of dust / dirt, e.g. during monsoons or on muddy / slushy roads.

ACC is a convenience and there are quite a few cars that don't come with it, although at the Jazz's price, it ought to be included, along with electrically folding mirrors (which IMO, are more important than the ACC).

BTW, I just scanned the accessory list for the Fabia and rear wipers aren't mentioned.
Old 24th November 2010, 08:13   #212
BHPian

I'm not very large. Just tall but I had a rather well built friend along for the ride. And we took some of the worst potholes of hosur road as he used to work there. You could hear them inside but no serious crashing or rocking caused by themwhich in my wagonR is omnipresent. At speeds you wouldn't even feel it.

But as suhaas307 mentioned you need to get it over 3k to make it go. But I think that's how hondas are. If you have followed GTO's civic dyno thread he clearly mentioned that throwing out the exhaust and getting a custom one made really addresses this issue.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:45   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

I drive a Santro nowadays, and the i20 still feels like a boat! That is one car I would take out to the highway only in the Asta(o) trim.

I really want to try the Jazz after reading your comments. It definitely is a great product in its own ride. Can you throw more light on how it fares through potholes and corners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
I'm not very large. Just tall but I had a rather well built friend along for the ride. And we took some of the worst potholes of hosur road as he used to work there. You could hear them inside but no serious crashing or rocking caused by themwhich in my wagonR is omnipresent. At speeds you wouldn't even feel it.
Cheers
I'd like to elaborate on Valhallen's point here.

The Jazz's ride is really good. Yes, it does sound horrible when you go over a pot-hole at moderate speed, but it isn't something you can't tolerate. The ride at low speeds is a bit harsh but once you pick up speed, it can rival much larger luxury sedans. I will go all the way by saying that the ride is as good, if not better than the Civic. And I can say this because both cars are a part of our garage!

Oh and it's quite ironic. I drive a Santro on a regular basis, and everytime I drive the Jazz, I just feel like leaving the Santro in the scrap yard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
For a hatch, rear wipers make a lot of sense as the rear windshield can gather a lot of dust / dirt, e.g. during monsoons or on muddy / slushy roads.

ACC is a convenience and there are quite a few cars that don't come with it, although at the Jazz's price, it ought to be included, along with electrically folding mirrors (which IMO, are more important than the ACC).

BTW, I just scanned the accessory list for the Fabia and rear wipers aren't mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Deal breakers and deal makers vary from person to person based on their priorities. I, personally, am perfectly okay without ACC and Auto mirrors but demand handling and ride quality.
I've quoted EssYouWe's post in yours, so I could explain it better! Just like how your priority is a rear windscreen-washer/wiper, our priority was the electric-fold-ORVMs. And we miss it dearly in the Jazz. In our tight parking-spot, it would've helped a lot! But it's something we've come to terms with.

And we've almost never used the rear-windscreen-washer/wiper in our car. Even though it would get wet during the rains, we've hardly used the feature. Although, we might need to use it some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
But as suhaas307 mentioned you need to get it over 3k to make it go. But I think that's how hondas are. If you have followed GTO's civic dyno thread he clearly mentioned that throwing out the exhaust and getting a custom one made really addresses this issue.
Yup! That's how Hondas are! I've given GTO's Civic dyno-thread a read as well. The problem with Hondas are that you need to rev them a lot to get them to move quickly. The punch lower down in the rev-range is missing and he eradicated that with the de-cat I presume.
Old 24th November 2010, 22:57   #214
BHPian

@suhaas, I wasn't stating any personal preference. I was just pointing out that something that has almost come to be standard across hatchbacks has been omitted on the Fabia, to cut costs.

As stated earlier, I think electrically folding mirrors are extremely useful and relevant in the Indian context.

And, yes, here in the south, we are less likely to miss the rear defogger / wiper.

Last edited by spindoc : 24th November 2010 at 22:59.
Old 24th November 2010, 23:04   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@suhaas, I wasn't stating any personal preference. I was just pointing out that something that has almost come to be standard across hatchbacks has been omitted on the Fabia, to cut costs.

As stated earlier, I think electrically folding mirrors are extremely useful and relevant in the Indian context.

And, yes, here in the south, we are less likely to miss the rear defogger / wiper.
Oh yes that's right! I wonder why Skoda would resort to cost-cutting. You'd expect that from Toyota or Honda and definitely Maruti. But not a Skoda! What with that anyway!? Sad.

It is a little shocking to see that the Fabia doesn't come with that. Considering that it comes with pretty much everything else! Was the rear windscreen-washer/wiper available in the older 1.4 Fabia? The one that was available with a sunroof as well? I'm not too sure!
Old 25th November 2010, 13:02   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It is a little shocking to see that the Fabia doesn't come with that. Considering that it comes with pretty much everything else! Was the rear windscreen-washer/wiper available in the older 1.4 Fabia? The one that was available with a sunroof as well? I'm not too sure!
Yes they were available on the older Fabia. Check out netchef's gallery here.

The new Fabia also misses electrically adjustable ORVMs.

All said, it is still a great car and Skoda's premium image and the reduced price might get a lot of people to cross over to the Fabia, especially in the lower-end variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks