Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 21:39   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

good choice ;enjoy the ride
Old 1st March 2010, 22:28   #167
BANNED

Good choice.It is going to eat into the Sedan's market.Jazz is sleek and stylish.I would like forward to the pictures once you have bought the car.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:06   #168
BHPian

Congrats Suhaas - you've made a great choice.As I said elsewhere once you drive the Jazz you wonder what took you so long to decide and where was the competition? With a compact size - loads of space for luggage and rear seat occupants, great fuel economy - who needs a 3 box car? I recently drove from Dehradun to Chandigarh and back around 360 kms, restricting my cars engine to under 2500 rpm got 19.4km/l FE. Great performance with very comfortable ride through hilly tracts/ not very great road aswell as highway.Congrats again.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:23   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Good choice.It is going to eat into the Sedan's market.Jazz is sleek and stylish.I would like forward to the pictures once you have bought the car.
I doubt that eat will eat into the share of the sedan's market, because in India sedan = status symbol. And we Indians also seem to have a fetish for sedans (including me).
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:29   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
good choice ;enjoy the ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Congrats Suhaas - you've made a great choice.As I said elsewhere once you drive the Jazz you wonder what took you so long to decide and where was the competition? With a compact size - loads of space for luggage and rear seat occupants, great fuel economy - who needs a 3 box car? I recently drove from Dehradun to Chandigarh and back around 360 kms, restricting my cars engine to under 2500 rpm got 19.4km/l FE. Great performance with very comfortable ride through hilly tracts/ not very great road aswell as highway.Congrats again.
Thanks guys! Amit, you're absolutely spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I doubt that eat will eat into the share of the sedan's market, because in India sedan = status symbol. And we Indians also seem to have a fetish for sedans (including me).
Thank you Roadracer! But as aparth mentioned, it wouldn't eat into the sedan market in India where people put big sticker value on a boot. Not just as yet at least. It would take some time for the Indian car-buying audience to mature a bit. Their priorities are different as of now!
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:45   #171
Team-BHP Support

congrats buddy. it will sure look good. how about some mugen parts eh?
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:59   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
congrats buddy. it will sure look good. how about some mugen parts eh?
Thanks bro!

Oh and I'd love to get some Mugen on her. Unfortunately, I don't think my dad would approve. My convincing still hasn't worked for the Civic! Let's see. Besides, the stock wheel size (15") wouldn't do justice to the body-kit IMO. What do you think?
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:38   #173
Senior - BHPian

Very good choice suhaas. Do start a new thread to post your car pictures and review.

BTW, when are you planning to book the car?
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:04   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Very good choice suhaas. Do start a new thread to post your car pictures and review.

BTW, when are you planning to book the car?
Thank you Ramesh!

Will definitely start a thread and post a full scale review along with pictures. We're probably booking it sometime this week if not next week. We're tied up at the moment so whenever we get the green signal, we'll go for it!
Old 4th March 2010, 22:22   #175
Team-BHP Support

Update:

We're ready to book the car, guys! The formalities would be finished tomorrow and I'm told that the car would take a week. We've decided on the Deep Sapphire Blue and we're kitting the Jazz with the Active pack and these wheels:

Looking to buy a new Hatch. Price no bar!-09city_mod_15.jpg

Looking to buy a new Hatch. Price no bar!-black-jazz.jpg

Hopefully, we will get these exact wheels. If not, then anything else is OK I guess.

I can hardly wait!
Old 4th March 2010, 22:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Suhaas! I am jealous

Enjoy your ride, 'run-in' her properly!
Old 6th March 2010, 11:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice of wheels buddy! Congrats! What would the the OTR price of the car? Did you try to bargain from the dealer? Not really surprising that it's just a week's delivery for the Jazz.
Old 6th March 2010, 15:42   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats Suhaas! I am jealous

Enjoy your ride, 'run-in' her properly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nice choice of wheels buddy! Congrats! What would the the OTR price of the car? Did you try to bargain from the dealer? Not really surprising that it's just a week's delivery for the Jazz.
Thanks guys!

Well, we're getting the car through the company that my dad works for. The car OTR would be priced at around 8.5 lakhs without the accessories that have been mentioned. I'll let you know the exact price of the car OTR in sometime!

Guys,

Something funny happened at home yesterday. My mom became a little paranoid about the new car and suddenly said she doesn't want one! My dad and I were taken aback for a couple of seconds. Apparently, she loves her Santro and everything about it and doesn't want to let it go for a while!

My dad has put the car on hold for a bit. He has decided to give my mom some time and not rush into things. So there will be some delay. My mom needs to come to terms that there will be a new car at home! I'm guessing a couple of weeks delay is expected from now and it's very irritating for me but I can't do anything about it!
Old 13th March 2010, 19:20   #179
Senior - BHPian

hey suhaas, what's the update on this one?
Old 15th March 2010, 15:14   #180
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Suhaas- show your mom the thread and the interest+time that has gone into this new purchase, she will surely not delay the purchase
Also tell her , your friends are waiting for the new car party( even sweets will do)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks