Chevrolet Beat LT 103 48.36%
Maruti Suzuki Ritz 84 39.44%
Others (i10 1.2 Magna / Estilo /.... ) 26 12.21%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 16:10   #61
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat or Maruti Suzuki Ritz

I have shortlisted Diesel Beat and Ritz to replace my 2001 Petrol Palio and following are my requirements -
  • A practical city car (90-95%) that can be occasionally driver on highways (5-10%)
  • A car that can be comfortably driven by both me (6')and my wife (5'3"). She finds it difficult to drive our Palio.
  • Since it will be used primarily by me and my wife, we are more concerned about front seat comfort. Having said this back seat should be able to accommodate two adults for short distances.
  • Good Fuel Efficiency and less overall cost of ownership. I indent to keep the car for its life or atleast 5 years.
I have already done some research on Team-BHP and otherwise but feel the need to take feedback from owners.
BEAT and RITZ owners - please help me out with your suggestions!
Thanks in anticipation!
Old 25th January 2012, 01:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

The beat is a nice car but for some reason I find the steering too heavy and the gear shifts are not all that smooth. At the back too it feels a little too claustrophobic. Whereas in comparison, the Ritz is roomier (though a little bouncier as well) and the high seating position, smoother gear shifts and lighter steering do enhance driving comfort. The Ritz feels better IMO and is backed by Maruti Suzuki Servicing making it a great buy.

Last edited by S2!!! : 25th January 2012 at 01:31.
Old 9th September 2012, 00:01   #63
BHPian

Has to be the Ritz. Just sit in the rear seats of both the cars and the decision would be easy. Yes the Beat is a looker(from the front), the rear does not really gel with the futuristic front. Those chrome-lined tail lights are ugly.

As for the Ritz, the front is ok ok(the face-lifted one makes it look a bit better) and for the controversial rear.. well thats what makes Ritz, the Ritz. It would be just another tall boy hatch if not for the rear.
Good engine,terrific gearbox, spacious interiors and Maruti A.S.S, the Ritz definitely deserves more than what it gets now.(cannibalized by the Swift) Beat is no competition.
Old 9th September 2012, 00:49   #64
BHPian

These were the final contenders when we were hunting for the second car. These are the reasons why we chose Ritz over Beat.

Functional:
1. Ritz rear cabin is roomier and seat is much more comfortable (no claustrophobic effect of Beat). Boot is big as well.
2. Visibility from driver seat is very good in Ritz - can confidently chuck the car into tight spots than the Beat.
3. Beat's rear door handle (outside), though tastefully placed, is difficult to operate by our kids whom will be ferried to school mostly in this second car.

Aesthetic:
1. The cheap Chinese video game like instrument cluster in Beat was a turn down.
2. Beats rear lights were looking odd (even when compared to Ritz rear).

Running into third year now, our Ritz is serving us well. Couple of issues with it -
1) The same confidence inspiring 'chuckability' might get you into some fender benders. We had very minor scratches, but I've seen numerous Ritz with dents in the front corners;
2) When you open the boot, don't bend forward or stand too close to the car. The awkward rear have a tendency to kiss your nose if you are not careful.

Good luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks