Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on you BEAT!
I think Ritz Ldi has internal boot release. But I wonder why you changed from a diesel car to a petrol one. If you had the money then you could have very well put it in a Ritz Vxi or better Zxi and got even more features with it.

I haven't looked through the thread and so please accept my apologies if I missed some justifications in between the posts.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:50   #92
Team-BHP Support

lol thats a good one! as a drivers car its good. All the very best!
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:15   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
lol thats a good one! as a drivers car its good. All the very best!
Topgear has reported quite the opposite Jaggu.

Edit: Not Topgear but Autocar, but it seems that after test drive their opinion has changed about the Spark (Beat). First drive report stated that Spark wasn't very involving to drive.

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd February 2010 at 10:23.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:27   #94
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think you made a good decision on the Beat.
It IS a very nice car indeed both in terms of looks as well as the other important points of consideration.
Plus GM seems extremely serious about the Indian consumer and After Sales Service etc so you should be one of the beneficiaries of their all new strategy.
Good luck Gemi with your new Beat!
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Beat is a good choice. Funky car and its a petrol.

I have always maintained that the Multijet is overrated - its good for torque numbers, mileage and 5th gear rollons. Its NOT a FUN engine to drive/rev at all - I prefer any petrol anyday
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Beat is a good choice. Funky car and its a petrol.
I have always maintained that the Multijet is overrated - its good for torque numbers, mileage and 5th gear rollons. Its NOT a FUN engine to drive/rev at all - I prefer any petrol anyday
+1

Look at my signature. But I enjoy every moment of driving the Punto. It is indeed a great car to drive.

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd February 2010 at 12:10.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:40   #97
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your purchase. Do post your experiences.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:01   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks a lot. There has been a change in plan. The Maruti is out. Here is the story that unfolded over the last 3 weeks

- The first step was that i Spoke to 3 dealers in my city and informed them my interest in the car.
- All of them said that there are no discounts available on the Ritz Diesel model
- One of these days i saw a advertisement in the newspaper stating there was Rs.15,000 offer on Ritz Diesel. The advertisement specifically mentioned that the offer includes Consumer Offer and Exchange Bonus.
- i call up the dealers and they say there is no consumer offer. There is only exchange bonus and since i am not giving my car to them i am not eligible for that. I mention that the advertisement specifically mentions that there is consumer offer and exchange bonus. But they say its not there.
- Spoke to a dealer close to my native place. He straight away tell me he can give me Rs.10,000 cash discount and basic accessories and a seat cover worth Rs.1500/- which could be upgraded to fake leather if i pay the difference.
- Speak to the dealers in my city based on this. They now say they can give me Rs.5000 discount if i give them a copy of my old cars r.c book and proof that i have sold it.
- I bargain for 3 weeks and this reaches Rs.5000 Cash Discount, MGA Central locking worth Rs.5,500, MGA Basic Accessories worth Rs.1500, Wheel Cover worth Rs.1600. In total a deal worth Rs.13,600/-
- In the meanwhile i am enquiring with them about the service costs for the Ritz Diesel. One guy tells me that i need to service every 10K km. Another guy tells me i need to service every 5K km and then only will i get warranty claims. The quote for the Diesel Filter price was the best. One guy fought with me stating that it is only Rs.800/- while i was sure it will be above 1k. Later on another guy tells me that it is Rs.1800 for the part alone. fitting charges extra. I am told that need to change this every 10K. That means that for "my" running i would be spending all my savings on the service cost.
- Though the confusion was within i just decided to go ahead and book it since it was diesel and maruti.
- While making booking the guy tells me that he cant write the discounts offered and give it to me. I ask them to put a seal on a white paper and write. No seal is possible is what he says. Since he assures me that he will ensure the discount/accessories come with the car at time of delivery i agree. I start signing the forms. One of the forms has the heading. Offers Given to Customer. He wants my sign down but he would not write the offers....

...i walk out.

PS. I had sent a mail to maruti helpline to clarify the offers mentioned in the newspaper and that told by the dealers. A week now I have not even got a acknowledgement mail. Leave alone clearing my doubt.

I know maruti will not loose anything. They'll get enough and more customers for their cars until the time they are able to keep the "perception" of good customer support. But here i also dont loose. Infact i gain close to a lakh in savings for a car that has 10 times more features than the MAruti i was looking at.

God Bless.
Dear gemi, I was in a similar dilemma a while ago when I started looking for a diesel hatch. I had totally made up my mind on the Swift and had booked one in Dec. But thereafter I became a target of many false promises- I was told I would get the car by March first week, which did not happen (and till recently I was not updated on the exact date after repeated visits/ calls) and the executive declined any kind of discount but only offered 15% off on the accessories. It was getting all too murky and I did not feel good about it.

Finally I decided to go with the Punto 1.3 MJD- Emotion, although it meant stretching a bit. I am promised delivery the coming week.

I should have done this long ago. Although I had a soft corner for Punto since the time I started looking, I tried to play Mr. Practical and paid for it too (the Punto is more expensive now than Dec). But I am getting the 2010 model and am excited!

Congrats on your new choice! Am sure the Beat will do you good..
Old 19th March 2010, 23:14   #99
Senior - BHPian

Ford BEATs Chevy on delivery time.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1792389
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks