Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your fine purchase.

May you have many happy miles with your Spark.

As for the gear issue, try out another new Spark and see if it has the same problem.

The gear slotting does even out with time. So most probably your worry won't be justified.

Cheers and waiting for pics.
Thanks a lot EssYouWe! Hope the gears get better with usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
however I did not quite like the rear, center console and omission of tachometer..
It is definitely easy to drive around the city and more so since this will be the primary car for my wife and mom.

We did not have an issue with the rear space as it will mostly be occupied by max 2 people most of the time. The center console also is not a deterrent and in fact is very well placed so that short drivers have a clear view in front of the steering.

And surprise surprise!! Chevy have introduced a tachometer now which is integrated in the MID in the center console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Havent heard about anyone getting great mileage as is advertised by the company on a daily use scenario.
Err.. We are happy with a city mileage of 13-14 with AC on most of the times since the running is not too much. Anything less than this and you will have me worried.

But based on feedback from the spark owners in T-Bhp i guess its good for 13-14kmpl after running in for a few thousand kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
that had me all

Agree, Spark is the most sensible choice of the lot (I know since my friend owns one and he's been very happy with it for about 3 years!). Congrats!
Thanks mate! It seemed the most VFM with the discount and features on offer. And since the friend is happy after 3 years, hope our Sparky keeps us happy for the next 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
However, when I went with my brother (6 ft+)on a detailed Test-Drive, I was astonished to see that there was very little room in the Pedal area, My right foot was not even fitting properly at the accelerator pedal, however, the clutch pedal gap was fine as also the break pedal,

On looking closer, i found that the accelerator pedal was way close to the Right footwell of the car and there was very less space between the two

Just wanted to check with Spark owners, have they also felt the same.
I am also 6ft and size 10 feet. Wearing a formal size 10 shoes on the day of the first test drive, i did not face any issue. In fact i cannot comment until i take delivery which will be either today or tomorrow coz the test drive was mainly done by my wife and mom. I only drove it to test how the pick up is with AC on which was for hardly 5-6 minutes. Hope i dont face issues with the footwell size.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 22nd March 2010 at 17:48.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:12   #32
BHPian

Congrats on booking a white spark; one of the best suited colour for spark. I will be deciding between the spark and BS IV Alto once the Alto is launched. Since I am also from Bangalore, it would be helpful if u can share the Dealership Name/Variant/On-Road price/Discount/freebies etc. Also, any idea by how much would the price go up from April 1st?
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:14   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If lack of power steering is the only problem with your Maruti 800, why don't you consider the option of fitting aftermarket power steering in the Maruti 800 ?

IMHO, Alto is a bit overpriced. I would recommend Spark or K-series Estilo.

Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
******* UPDATE *******

Finally after much deliberation, Spark won the vote.

White Spark PS booked this weekend. The wait is for nearly 2-3 weeks as they dont have White Spark PS in stock.

Will update the Initial ownership report after delivery.

Thanks to all for helping me decide!
Congratulations !! Do update about colour (white?) and costing on road. I am a spark owner and really like spinning around in it - in city especially.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sada View Post
Congrats on booking a white spark; one of the best suited colour for spark. I will be deciding between the spark and BS IV Alto once the Alto is launched. Since I am also from Bangalore, it would be helpful if u can share the Dealership Name/Variant/On-Road price/Discount/freebies etc. Also, any idea by how much would the price go up from April 1st?
Thanks sada. The details will come about in the initial ownership review shortly. And yes like you, i also felt the white/beige interior combo looks good on the spark. In a nut shell, the details you asked for are as below:

Dealership: Trident Chevrolet [Kalyannagar]
Variant: Spark PS [AC & PS]
On-road price: 3,50,600

The price has already gone up. It was 3,43,675 and currently at 3,50,600 after all discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Congratulations !! Do update about colour (white?) and costing on road. I am a spark owner and really like spinning around in it - in city especially.
Thanks mate, its a White spark and on road price was 3,50,600 in Bangalore. Waiting to get my hands on the Sparky to pen down the review soon.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:21   #35
BHPian

Hi Any official information / scoop pics of BS IV Alto?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks