View Poll Results: Mind or Heart
Heart: i20 ASTA 63 79.75%
Mind: i10 Sportz 16 20.25%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 14:01   #46
BHPian

Just check on the i20 Airbags.

Positive side: It has 6 airbags with impact sensors. Very safe.

Negative side: The airbag would pop out even for a small accident and replacing the entire kit would cost a lakh. The airbag system is not like the Skoda Fabia where only the airbags needs to be replaced but in i20 the entire front panel needs to be replaced.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
does this mean that the original thread title is not valid anymore?
The original thread is very much valid. But I am also undergoing the similar type of Heart vs Mind confusion.

Atlast I think the battle has come down to Polo and Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
If its between polo and figo, forget the polo, its only a buy to get the VW badge and maybe a status in this segment but if that's what you want, then buy it, figo is a much better buy for the value you get for your Rs, esp with the diesel option. Have you checked on the maintenance costs of the diesel cars btw? service cost for each service is 40% more than petrol( as far as the ones i know tell me)
Polo is more than the VW badge, the quality of the car is just amazing , but it doesnt has any goodies.

But Figo is fully loaded for the same price, but Ford resale value and service deliveries are a big question.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
If one travels long time in a punto...the thigh support for the seats are absent. This would get more pronounced in highways and long journeys..
I made a choice for i10...mostly I would be driving alone or with my wife..
my kids hardly come with me ..so backspace was not of much consideration..
comfort of the first two seats were seen...

In my long journeys which is... say Mumbai to Madurai...or to Raichur...

I found i10 comfortable and so nice...
You must be kidding when you say i10 is more comfortable than punto. Well I personally own both and comfort in punto is poles apart from that on i10 i10 seats are so hard, small and cushionless. Punto offers huge and comfortable seats. I have myself felt pain in my back while driving I10 on the same distance that i drive punto without any pain of anysort on anypart of my body, its oh so comfortable. I really wonder if you have driven punto.

That said I have also driven i20 for good 100Kms i20 seats and comfort is definately better than Punto so its miles better than i10 under any circumstances. Dude Why in the world your mind says i10? Though its a good car but still its so out of league compared to i20. Even if you buy i20 Magna its still a better buy compared to i10 asta because at the end of the day, the feeling of driving a luxury big car with ozzes of comfort is unmatched when you compare it to a small tight car with few extra features namely i10 asta.
Also you may have i10 top model but still another with i20era which may be cheaper than your car will still have a bigger better car.
Cheers i20 it is go buy it asap..
Old 13th April 2010, 17:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Just check on the i20 Airbags.

Positive side: It has 6 airbags with impact sensors. Very safe.

Negative side: The airbag would pop out even for a small accident and replacing the entire kit would cost a lakh. The airbag system is not like the Skoda Fabia where only the airbags needs to be replaced but in i20 the entire front panel needs to be replaced.
The air bags will deploy only if the impact force meets or exceeds a set threshold limit. These are life saving devices and not money generating gizmos for the equipment manufacturer. I post from personal experience, if your experience is otherwise do share.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:57   #50
BHPian

But, I hear major complaints with the AC in i20.
See this thread, you can check with the i20 owners in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dai-i20-2.html
Old 13th April 2010, 20:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The air bags will deploy only if the impact force meets or exceeds a set threshold limit. These are life saving devices and not money generating gizmos for the equipment manufacturer. I post from personal experience, if your experience is otherwise do share.
Yes if the impact hits the sensors the airbags pops out, my colleagues friend had experienced the same when he had a minor crash. I dont know whether it was a case of faulty sensor, but at the end of the day he had to shell a lakh on fixing it.

Today while coming so I dropped in the Skoda showroom to checkout the same. And yes replacing the Air bags for Skoda Fabia costs around 1.5 Lakhs... :( . The price gave a shock. But 80% gets covered in Insurance.

Do check this aspect for i20 also.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@Pancham, there seems to be a general disapproval of the i20's Air Conditioning unit. You may want to check if the AC suits your needs - I suggest you take the TD car for a spin on an afternoon and play around with the AC before you decide.
Don't base your judgement on the TD alone, cause that car won't come with tints. There was a remarkable difference in cooling after i got my sunfilms installed . The AC takes fractionally longer time to cool (with films), that's established, but its one of the best ACCs around as far as temp control goes. It seemlessly adjusts itself when the desired temp is changed; unlike quite a few others that keep blowing at top speed all the time.
You will have to throw some good films on to negate this problem, NO other way around it!
Old 20th April 2010, 16:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Sorry friends for such a late reply. My internet was not working since the telephone line had some problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
if you are going for 1.2 engine, go i10, if you think you need 1.4 engine, then go for i20.
I will go for 1.2l engine because 1.4l is way over my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sensible choice the i20 and there is nothing wrong with the 1.2 L + i20 combination.

The engine runs on a different tune than the i10 with different gear ratios. There is no problem even with a full complement of passengers on board either in stop go city traffic or out on a highway. Has a very good suspension helped by the long wheelbase, it is in my opinion the most comfortable hatch on the roads today.
thanks for the info khoj. Great to know that someone is saying " there is nothing wrong with the 1.2 L + i20 combination"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
The prices have definitely upped, but i think that's more because of increases in Excise in the fiscal budget. To my knowledge, the current Asta would cost me 14-16k more than the one i have (march-2010).

The problem that Hyundai faced earlier (& frankly i got irritated with), is that there was a 1L difference between the Magna & Asta. This wasn't justified to some or overshot budget for the others. There's also the justifiable notion that once you buy a particular model, always get the best variant in that. So, a significant fraction of people with a budget of say, 5.5L, went for the i10 Asta rather than the i20 Magna.

The manufacturer is just trying to bridge a gap they'd left earlier. There's still some significant tid-bits that have been left out of the Sportz version. I'm predicting an increase in overall sales of the i20, but no decrease in takers for the Asta
Frankly speaking I had no issues with the earlier 2 models. I was quite happy with only magna and Asta. This is mainly because i was never concerned about the Magna because it didnt have the goodies. Now I have to decide whether asta or any other model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Don't base your judgement on the TD alone, cause that car won't come with tints. There was a remarkable difference in cooling after i got my sunfilms installed . The AC takes fractionally longer time to cool (with films), that's established, but its one of the best ACCs around as far as temp control goes. It seemlessly adjusts itself when the desired temp is changed; unlike quite a few others that keep blowing at top speed all the time.
You will have to throw some good films on to negate this problem, NO other way around it!
Can you explain Why this happen--"The AC takes fractionally longer time to cool (with films)"
BTW what films have you put incase i missed it out on your thread?

Old 21st April 2010, 00:57   #54
BHPian

On the "Airbags" discussion, they are there to save lives. If you are so concerned that you would have to shell out 20k (assuming insurance covers 80% of 1lakh), then what price would you put on your life. Just imagine you are in a high impact collision and you didn't have any airbags! Go for atleast the frontal impact airbags, if not the side/curtain ones.
The way some people drive on the Indian highways almost seems like they are out to kill somebody in trying to establish their supremacy on the road.
Old 21st April 2010, 07:39   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Can you explain Why this happen--"The AC takes fractionally longer time to cool (with films)"
BTW what films have you put incase i missed it out on your thread?

I am guessing he only meant that it takes fractionally longer than other cars after installing the sun films! He couldn't have possibly meant that it takes longer to cool after installing the tints!
Old 21st April 2010, 11:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
But, I hear major complaints with the AC in i20.
See this thread, you can check with the i20 owners in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dai-i20-2.html

Not really - it's just a function of people (including myself) not used to how best to operate the Climate Control of the i20 A/C, and getting the filter cleaned. That thread you mentioned above has a few updates.

I'm happy to report that my black i20's AC now works perfectly after i got the filter cleaned, and cools the cabin very quickly. In fact, in peak afternoon bangalore heat (around 34 degrees outside) I had to increase the climate control's temp because it was a bit too cold inside :-)

Back to the thread: after 5 months of ownership, I'm very happy with my i20 Asta 1.2 - no problems, great proactive support from the dealer. In any case, personal taste differs, so I'd recommend you test drive the Punto and the Figo, and then test drive the i20 and make your own comparison. As many happy i20 owners (and Punto owners) have pointed out on this forum, you can't go wrong with either choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks