Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 02:22   #121
BHPian

Re: Another confused Hatch buyer!! (between 5 to 7 lacs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
thanks, I think I might just go for the new i10 now, seems like a safe bet.

@camchennai - we did go to the skoda showroom, waited 20 minutes for the guy to finish talking on phone, then he just opened the boot and went away, so we had to check the car out ourselves. seeing the attitude of the guys in the showroom, i couldnt imagine what the a.s.s would be like.

I also read several horror stories on this forum which is taking me away from fabia.

Also, with the new brio coming diwali next year, do you think they might phase out the jazz completely, like someone on this forum somewhere said "the fusion to figo story"?

Thanks
Sad to here that Skoda sales and *** has not yet improved. Good vehicle is heading wrong direction due to sales and service people attitude.

I was the one who quoted in the other thread that Jazz would be phased out And lot of people are chasing for me
Old 27th December 2010, 02:46   #122
BHPian

Re: Executive Hatch- Polo petrol 1.2 Trendline * i20 1.2 Era * Swift Lxi * Figo TDCi

^^ fabia would have been our car if it wasnt for skoda

wow, so it was you who wrote that, but I think you may be right...
Old 27th December 2010, 03:35   #123
BHPian

Re: Executive Hatch- Polo petrol 1.2 Trendline * i20 1.2 Era * Swift Lxi * Figo TDCi

@camchennai
i don't really get the point that you are trying to make here.

if you have some concrete evidence that says the jazz is going to be discontinued then please share it here.

yes i agree the jazz is overpriced and also that it does not sell in great numbers, but with the recent discounts it makes a compelling case for itself and is a worthy alternative to the polo or the i20.

and i am pretty sure that the brio when launched will be positioned towards the lower extreme of the hatchback segment and it would probably be in competition to the i10 and the micra not the polo or the i20 which are surely a segment above.

so if Honda launches a hatchback that caters to the lower extreme of the hatchback segment it does not warrant the discontinuation of the jazz which is truly a premium hatch and a whole segment above the brio.

what the launch of the brio might do for Honda is bring in the volumes that the jazz could not because of its pricing.
Old 27th December 2010, 03:51   #124
BHPian

@superboy44 - As informed earlier, I got this information from one of the guy who works with a Honda dealership. I am not against Honda or Jazz, I got this information so sharing it.
Old 27th December 2010, 11:26   #125
BHPian

but is there any harm in buying a car which is being phased out, i mean it does share parts with the city therefore spares should not be much of a problem. I just hope that honda dont go the ford way.
But for some reason, I think honda may facelift this car to a honda fit when releasing the brio. That way they would make sure that the jazz/fit facelift would remain in a segment above brio and could give brio a more diverse audience..
Old 27th December 2010, 13:51   #126
BHPian

how about vista 90hP compared to the other cars I have listed.
I am now narrowing down to the i10, figo tdci and vista 90. Still havnt got a quote from honda for jazz so not listing it here.

I want to know how is the build quality of vista compared to the older indica v2? we used to have an indica v2 diesel and build quality was baad.

Ive searched this forum but I mostly get diesel vista comparisons and not petrol especially the 90 hp one.

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks