Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 16:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

your observations are spot on
which verision did you drive E pack?
have you decided on the color?

I think you have your a great deal go for it.
but there is no harm in asking for more
Old 4th June 2010, 17:08   #62
BHPian

^^ The one the I test drove was a red E pack, indeed. It was a decaled demo car. The Multijet Logo on the front grill was not there and the SP told me that they had debadged it during some repairing. I started the TD only after taking a look under the bonnet and assuring myself that its really a MJD version. There was also one more demo Punto (minimal grey) being ripped on the same roads where I was taking the TD.

Choice of colour is always a tough call, but as the great old saying goes : "One can not go wrong with any colour on the Punto". But, on a serious note, i am still more inclined towards the Bossa Nova White, whereas few family members are sold off on the Red. I find myself stuck with evaluating the looks of these colours, in my mind, everytime i see one on the roads. I have also seen the Tuscan Wine. Looks really gorgeous at low light conditions, but a bit dirty in broad daylight.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:14   #63
BHPian

Congrats SilkDrive. Do give the Tuscan Wine color a look. It has best of both worlds IMHO, sobriety as well as that hot feeling.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:48   #64
BHPian

Congrats Silkdrive for those long rides you gonna go with your family in your wise car.
The only thing I would recommend purchasing a car when you go on those "never been there/Wow" places who shall be there to assist you in case your prized lovely car tweets for help.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:53   #65
BHPian

@spinwizard....swift's schedule says suggest services at 1000kms(initial)...5000kms(general service without oil change)10000(oil change)20000kms30000kms and so on.......but if you use mobil 1 delvac oil the car requires oil change at 20000kms interval!!!!

@silk drive :the swift ldi already has the LHS rear view mirror (don't know if you are mentioning about the vanity mirror).you have mentioned the need of changing tyres (i think you are mentioning about jktyre,mine was delivered with MRF zv2k which are very good)
regarding the tacho , even i miss it!!!
Old 5th June 2010, 00:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive
To my surprise the SP commented that it can engage upto the 5th gear without stalling, even without touching the accelerator. I thought he was bluffing, but to my utter surprise i have actually tested it upto the 3 gear and its true !
He was not bluffing. Slot the Punto-D in 5th, let go off the A-pedal and it will go on and on from H'bad to Kanyakumari. I tried this on the 100-feet road here and it keeps going and going. Was impressed, though the cabbies behind me were not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive
However, i did not try to pick up speed from there and i downshifted to first before using the accelerator. Otherwise, i guess it would have stalled).
I don't know if it would have stalled - most probably not. But pushing the A-pedal at that point won't do anything. That's the -ve part - you will have to downshift and pick up speed.

P.S. : Reminds me that my Punto-D review is pending. Have all the points noted down - just have to string them together.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th June 2010 at 00:22.
Old 5th June 2010, 04:56   #67
Senior - BHPian

^^ Would love your feedback about the Punto. It's a car I've driven extensively, and all you need to do is look at my avatar pic to know which car I was driving earlier .

Anyway, SilkDrive, I do think that the Bossa Nova White is perfect for the Active version. The black grill looks great on it, think about getting the door handles and the rear view mirrors painted.
Old 5th June 2010, 07:38   #68
BHPian

Congrats!! silkdrive, IMHO if you want people to stop and look twice go for RED GP Active. If you want to look classy go for the BNW Active.

P.S.: Punto in any color will give you stare for sure.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats SilkDrive. Do give the Tuscan Wine color a look. It has best of both worlds IMHO, sobriety as well as that hot feeling.
Thanks for the suggestions. Point noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002 View Post
@silk drive :the swift ldi already has the LHS rear view mirror (don't know if you are mentioning about the vanity mirror).you have mentioned the need of changing tyres (i think you are mentioning about jktyre,mine was delivered with MRF zv2k which are very good)
regarding the tacho , even i miss it!!!
The LXI model of the swift comes with Left ORVM but for some strange reason it is omitted in the LDI. Please refer below to the screen shot of the feature list, from the website. I think that it it is provided with the Dezire, though. Yes, I read on the forum that MRFs are good but there is no guaruntee that i would get those and the SP is also not helping on this point and is refusing exchange to MRFs in case JKs are alloted as stocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
He was not bluffing. Slot the Punto-D in 5th, let go off the A-pedal and it will go on and on from H'bad to Kanyakumari. I tried this on the 100-feet road here and it keeps going and going. Was impressed, though the cabbies behind me were not.

I don't know if it would have stalled - most probably not. But pushing the A-pedal at that point won't do anything. That's the -ve part - you will have to downshift and pick up speed.

P.S. : Reminds me that my Punto-D review is pending. Have all the points noted down - just have to string them together.
Yes it was really impressive !
And would love to to read your ownership experience, please bring it on soon!

Thanks to all others for stopping by and pouring your suggestions. Sorry, for not being able to quote everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift LDI or Punto MJD Active? Tough call for a newbie with no car-owning background.-feature.jpg  

Last edited by SilkDrive : 5th June 2010 at 13:04.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:23   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Anyway, SilkDrive, I do think that the Bossa Nova White is perfect for the Active version. The black grill looks great on it, think about getting the door handles and the rear view mirrors painted.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have planned to get the door handles and the ORVMS painted. I also want to get the B-pillar painted black with glossy finish, like in the Emotion variants.

I am also thinking of getting the front grill chromed (not silver painted but chromed) like in the Linea. Any suggestions on how that would look? Can anyone please help me with a PS edited image of a BNW Punto with a chrome grill.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:44   #71
BHPian

I had almost booked the Punto, but then this offer came up on the Palio. The Palio SDX is now being offered for 3.89 lacs ex-showroom and 4.4 Lacs on road in Hyderabad. And it does not seem to be a stock clearance sale since the Palios are provided on made to order basis. I was promised that I will be getting a vehicle manufactured in or after August 2010.

The offer seemed to be too mouth-watering to resist. So I started following my head over my heart and the punto had to go off list. I am happy about the deal, I got, as I have always quite liked the palio. And at 4.4 lacs for the SDX package with the multijet heart, it seemed to be quite a steal.

The choice I made at last is something that I had never thought of, earlier but I am contended with this en-expected turn of events.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
I had almost booked the Punto, but then this offer came up on the Palio. The Palio SDX is now being offered for 3.89 lacs ex-showroom and 4.4 Lacs on road in Hyderabad. And it does not seem to be a stock clearance sale since the Palios are provided on made to order basis. I was promised that I will be getting a vehicle manufactured in or after August 2010.

The offer seemed to be too mouth-watering to resist. So I started following my head over my heart and the punto had to go off list. I am happy about the deal, I got, as I have always quite liked the palio. And at 4.4 lacs for the SDX package with the multijet heart, it seemed to be quite a steal.

The choice I made at last is something that I had never thought of, earlier but I am contended with this en-expected turn of events.
You already done with booking of the Palio?
Good choice actually. I myself was staring more at the Palio in the showroom where the Punto was kept. Its very neat design. And it will age well.

But hope you also keep in mind that its a car which is getting phased out gradually. So just keep yourself updated with the issues that might come up on maintainance part.

BTW: Black Palio looks swell.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:20   #73
BHPian

Yes I did the booking this morning itself.

4 days back i was in the showroom, to book a Punto, but a glitch forced me to back out and take a couple of more days to think. Well, after the re-thinking I was again going for the punto only. But then i came to know of this offer and the decision was changed in the end.

BTW: I booked the "Infinity Black" Palio and it sure looks neat. The large double barrel head lamp clusters, with lots of chrome in them, really get a lot of contrast in a black one and looks nice.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 1st August 2010 at 00:22.
Old 13th August 2010, 10:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
The LXI model of the swift comes with Left ORVM but for some strange reason it is omitted in the LDI.
Maruti needs to update their website. Ldi comes with the left ORVM since long now.
Old 13th August 2010, 21:54   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Maruti needs to update their website. Ldi comes with the left ORVM since long now.
Ya swift Ldi/LXI are coming with Left OVRM and Double horn from 2008

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks