Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 22:07   #31
BHPian

re: Ritz Vxi or Vista Aqua QDJ? EDIT : Vista QDJ Aqua booked !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Indica vista diesel
Cons:
Bit difficult to drive when compared to ritz becasue of the big dimensions.
Both have similar width so have similar difficulty of driving :-)
Old 1st February 2011, 13:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Indica vista diesel
Pros:
Spacious family hatch.You will always have that big car feel.
Excellent value for money.
Diesel economy, esp. considering the soaring diesel prices.
Cons:
Bit difficult to drive when compared to ritz becasue of the big dimensions.

Go for the diesel vista.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
So now you have all the reason to get the Vista

1. Diesel
2. Reasonable cost
3. Bigger cabin

I do not think that Vista will depreciate more than the Ritz, as there is very reasonable demand for personal Indica by the taxi operators. Another plus point is that emergency repairs can be carried out by most taxi operators in case you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Both have similar width so have similar difficulty of driving :-)
Gentlemen,Thankyou for all your help in making the decision.Was off to Tirupathi for the weekend and hence the delay.So a 2011 model cavern grey Vista qdj aqua it is..The Hyundai and maruti people offered a miserly sum for my santro and the on-road cost of both their products(Ritz Vxi & i10 Magna) for 2011 models were very close to Vista's price plus i was also offered 25% more on my santro excluding the bonus by Tata assured.So decided to go ahead with the Vista and make a booking.I believe the Car should reach the Chennai depot by 10th of Feb.

While in the showroom,i took a very close look at both the earlier and the current(refresh) versions of the car.I certainly notice much better interior fit and finish.The plastic quality is also much improved in the drivetech-4 version.But as we all know,there is scope for improvement and yet to reach maruti/Hyundai standards.Having said that,i can also vouch that there is considerable difference in the exterior fit and finish as well.The black and beige interiors make the already spaaaacious insides look even more spacious.I for one feel that i can live with a slight inferior quality compared to the competitors,but with a great VFM product.Somewhere during the deal i was being convinced to go for the 2010 model as it can be invoiced right away and readily available(read-Jan commission for the sales guy and getting rid of inventory)

There was some confusion about the exchange bonus amount that might change for the month of feb considering the valuation was done in jan and the new vehicle delivery is in Feb.I would also like to know the following

1)I was told to surrender the my santro at the earliest as the price valuated might change if i decide to hold the car till a day or before taking delivery.How does this exchange thing work usually?

2)Is it ok if i remove the steering cover(an expensive one) and horn before surrendering the car?

3)If i am holding the car and still drive it around before surrendering.Is the mileage accumulated during that period in anyway gonna affect the current valuation.The guy who valued my car has promised me verbally that this shouldn't be an issue,but i dont know if i should trust him.
Old 1st February 2011, 14:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
1)I was told to surrender the my santro at the earliest as the price valuated might change if i decide to hold the car till a day or before taking delivery.How does this exchange thing work usually?

2)Is it ok if i remove the steering cover(an expensive one) and horn before surrendering the car?

3)If i am holding the car and still drive it around before surrendering.Is the mileage accumulated during that period in anyway gonna affect the current valuation.The guy who valued my car has promised me verbally that this shouldn't be an issue,but i dont know if i should trust him.
You will get the valuation based on the condition of the vehicle when you hand the car over.

1. Yes.
2. Yes as it usually is not going to be factored in during evaluation.
3. Do not go by verbal assurances. Get all the conditions in writing, so that you are covered. Otherwise ignore assurances as sales pitch!
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
You will get the valuation based on the condition of the vehicle when you hand the car over.

1. Yes.
2. Yes as it usually is not going to be factored in during evaluation.
3. Do not go by verbal assurances. Get all the conditions in writing, so that you are covered. Otherwise ignore assurances as sales pitch!
Aroy-Thanks for your inputs.

Mods If you can update the Thread title as'Vista QDJ Aqua booked' please!
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ritz Vxi or Vista Aqua QDJ? EDIT : Vista QDJ Aqua booked !!

Congrats Sam.K. Welcome to the Vista Qjet club. Do post the detailed review with pictures once you get the delivery. Very much interested in checking out the new version.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Sam.K. Welcome to the Vista Qjet club. Do post the detailed review with pictures once you get the delivery. Very much interested in checking out the new version.
Thank you sir-Will certainly update this thread as things progress!
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:01   #37
BHPian

Great choice. Its a good decision. Do post pictures and delivery experience once you receive the vehicle.
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Great choice. Its a good decision. Do post pictures and delivery experience once you receive the vehicle.
Sure mate,Thanks.Looks like you own a Vista as well.How much has your car covered so far?and any info on faults if any,mileage,service costs,a/c issues etc will be much appreciated.
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:18   #39
BHPian

Congrats for your great decision. Vista is really good car but very underrated.
My vista completed 2 years this January. It has completed 56k in this span of time. Still it feels like new and not showing any sign of aging. Only once I faced brakedown with my car due to starter problem but solved by TASS.

My experience with TASS has been excellent. Hope it will remain excellent for coming time.

I haven't spend any extra buck except regular servicing. Maintenance cost is very very low equivalent to negligible. Tata has great warranty on their cars. Even in extended warranty most of the things are covered.
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
My vista completed 2 years this January. It has completed 56k in this span of time
Thats a lot of km's covered in 2 years sushant, I've done 19k in 10 months
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Congrats for your great decision. Vista is really good car but very underrated.
My vista completed 2 years this January. It has completed 56k in this span of time. Still it feels like new and not showing any sign of aging. Only once I faced brakedown with my car due to starter problem but solved by TASS.

My experience with TASS has been excellent. Hope it will remain excellent for coming time.

I haven't spend any extra buck except regular servicing. Maintenance cost is very very low equivalent to negligible. Tata has great warranty on their cars. Even in extended warranty most of the things are covered.
Sushant-I have been through your thread before taking the call.Great review you have there and wish your vista plasts more smiles and miles on you.Thats good to know regarding the servicing costs and TASS conidering all the bashing it gets on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Thats a lot of km's covered in 2 years sushant, I've done 19k in 10 months
Kartikk-I dont think you have covered any less either
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:34   #42
BHPian

Vista is a great all round package, the only issue with the Vista is the poor AC performence, but it more than makes up for it with space and ride quality. We have a Petrol Vista in the family done about 25k in 1 yr.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Vista is a great all round package, the only issue with the Vista is the poor AC performence, but it more than makes up for it with space and ride quality. We have a Petrol Vista in the family done about 25k in 1 yr.
Musicmanaman-I test drove the Aura+ Quadrajet model in the 3rd week of Jan'11 and i felt it was pretty good.I dont know if the AC performance varies between the petrol and diesel versions..as in the compressor cc!

Can anybody can throw some light in this please?
Old 8th February 2011, 11:35   #44
BHPian

Oh God..I wasn't so impatient even to get married or go abroad.This is making me go nuts!I should be getting a call from the dealer in a day or 2 regarding the arrival of the car from pune.I believe most of the Vista's come with Goodyear tires.I would like to know if should change them to Bridgestone's,Apollo's or any other which offer better grip and less road noise!What would be approx cost difference if i trade in the goodyear's and within how m,any kms should trade in?

I did find some PDI formats in this forum.Is there any one format specific for Hatches or something like that?
Old 8th February 2011, 12:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!!

Vista is surely a good choice. I am driving Vista petrol since Aug'09 and the car has no issues. Like someone mentioned, the A/C is the only down side, but it does cool the cabin after a while.

Also, my exp of Tata A.S.S. has been good so for. No complaints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks