Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 13:58   #31
BHPian

Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

To the owner of the car:

I think that if they have offered you current value of that, that is very fair and quite unexpected. you should get a car exactly in the same condition as you gave them. If that is not possible, you should get the value of your car. That this crime was committed does not entitle you to a brand new car.

take the car back, or take the 4 lac credit towards the purchase of a new car.

I do not support you getting a brand new car because there is no reason why you should be given back the money that the car has lost in value during the year you used it.

The dealership's offer is exceptionally fair and surprisingly decent. I would take it in your place.

as to whether 4 lacs is very low, depreciation is the steepest in the first year, but I guess one can make the case that you would not have had to sell the car after one year and suffer the steepest part of its depreciation but for their employee's criminal behaviour. I would suggest making this case to them and settling for 4.5 lacs.

Last edited by Harbir : 24th April 2012 at 14:01.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:14   #32
BHPian

Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

Gangster escaped? Police saying Ok, Tata bye bye? This reminds of the case where jewels were stolen from a house, and the house owner later finds out that his locality police station Circle inspector was the theif ! (happened in bangalore 4 years ago)

I think 4 Lakh upfront is good blood money being offered by advaith. Sure they have the money and power to subdue the owner of this Hyundai i10, but i think the reason they're atleast offering cash is because of negative publicity which could even lead to closure of their dealerships. Obtaining a demand draft and walking away from all things hyundai is the best option in this case.
Old 24th April 2012, 14:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I have lot of experience with Advaith and I could swear they are professional grade.
Are you kidding me that this happened to 8 cars?? Holy cow! Trully stunning!!
Any trace of the service advisor?
Never trust the cops - they are always hand in glove with whoever has money.
Just take the 4L and forget it as a bad dream.
Make sure to go thru the buyers checklist from TBHP archives. You want to be 200% sure its a new car.. Luck isnt on your side right now - so be 200% sure.
Things like this can surely happen and go unnoticed for quite some time. I have seen some similar things with other dealers like Sundarm where Merc demo cars in the name of the company and Exchanged customer cars where sold and money was put into an account opened with the companies name but operated exclusively by those executives involved. The dealer got to know almost by the year end when they audited and found something amiss!!. Of-course persons responsible are cooling there heels in the prison but the money was lost by both many customers and dealer.
Old 24th April 2012, 16:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
The dealership's offer is exceptionally fair and surprisingly decent. I would take it in your place.
I wouldn't subscribe to this. Dr. Mohit has earlier raised some pretty good points, and the others too have mentioned the owner should have swung into action himself on learning the car could not be traced. He should have filed a case of theft/mismanagement against the dealer. What the SA does/did with the car is ultimately the dealer's responsibility, so the dealer cannot escape the consequences.

The demand for a replacement car may not materialize, but I think there's enough scope to claim compensation for negligence, inconvenience and mental agony. Why not try the consumer court?
Old 25th April 2012, 15:26   #35
BHPian

it seems there is a well organised group in advaith hyundai to do this stuff. be wary of dealing with them.
Old 25th April 2012, 17:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Since the car got stolen at "Advaith" premises, am very sure the management would not want to make this as a issue, once the news is out am sure people will think twice on leaving the car with them.

Am sure he should get a better price for this car if he negotiates hard.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

First mistake Owner has done is that he did not file a Theft complaint against dealer. If you had done that by now you could have sat down with dealer with Police and even could have settled for 6 lac.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:34   #38
BHPian

I guess the practical solution is to negotiate for 4.5L threatening them "otherwise i will go to the media" & stay clear of Advaith if not Hyundai.

You can also send a detailed timeline of events to CEO/MD of Hyundai India by Regd Post AD after you have received the money from Advaith.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Sorry about your experience. I do feel you should tread legal path,at the same time I would also suggest you to be advised as "who" owns Advaith group.
He is very very influential.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
You can also send a detailed timeline of events to CEO/MD of Hyundai India by Regd Post AD after you have received the money from Advaith.
Expecting Hyundai top brass to act against erring dealerships is like expecting the sun to rise from the west. Going the legal route will not be of much help either because for a company like Hyundai, customer friendly slogans exist only on paper. Thanks to our legal system, they will not bother about you then either. I am going through this experience.

Shouldn't the police act against the dealership for such shameful practices or have their palms been greased to not act?

Bargain hard, get the money and say good bye to Hyundai. Warn them that you will find each & every Advaith customer & inform them about this incident( please try and do this anyway after the issue gets resolved to your satisfaction). That should put more pressure on the to bow down to your demands. Try spreading the work on social media as well.

I am going to warn my friends in Bangalore about this incident and will ask them to stay away from Advaith or be extremely careful while dealing with them.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 25th April 2012 at 18:56.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 19:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post

If you want to teach Advaith a lesson
Post this on social forums and car related websites. Do this only after you get money from them.

- If you want to teach Hyundai a lesson
Spread the news in media, net etc. Again do this only after you sell the car to Advaith.
Very true and practical advise.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:08   #42
BHPian

I have noticed from my friend's/family cars that many manufacturers barring Toyota & Maruti takes customers for a ride now & then.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:16   #43
HKP
BHPian

Tough choice for hyundai owners here.

This is really shocking.
I am forwarding this post to my office distribution list. Let everyone know and beware of such scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

I am going to warn my friends in Bangalore about this incident and will ask them to stay away from Advaith or be extremely careful while dealing with them.
I had bad experiences with Trident here and was seriously thinking of moving to Advaith next time for any service. Now for all of us in Bangalore the choice is between the devil and the deep blue sea!!

No more Hyundai cars for me...

\\hkp
Old 25th April 2012, 21:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is a very unique case. I have heard this for the first time.

Since you are making it very clear that your friend does not want to keep the car. Get the current market value plus some compensation for the car.

BTW how old is the car and how much on the oddo. Any involvement in accidents.
Old 25th April 2012, 22:03   #45
Team-BHP Support

Holy moses! I can't imagine this would happen some day!

Coming to point, I find it the enthusiasm of the cops rather fishy.

1) How did it get to the police station?
2) Why are the cops being so helpful?
3) Why is Advaith offering 4 lakhs so readily?

I find 2) very fishy because I know the kind of trouble cops have put my friend in to return his stolen laptop; so much so, that my friend decided to not take it at all.

Ample threads on the forum have shown how futile it is to pursue the legal route against car manufacturers/dealers.

Best route - take the 4 lakhs, get out the mess. Bitter bitter reality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks