Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 14:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

Opportunities do not come everyday. This is Audi India's chance to show that they can punish the dealer and then build confidence amongst customers. Audi India has to be on the customers' side rather than the dealer. After all they are selling cars to customers. If they stand by the dealer then they are plain foolish.
Bottomline for AUDI India: Punish the dealer in such a way that it thinks 100 times before committing such an offence and show the world that yes you can do it rather than denying and lying. Show some sincerity and honesty towards the customers. Customers=sales=money=food. No Customer=no sales=no money= no food. THese type of incidents just disgust me.

Last edited by Pancham : 24th November 2012 at 14:27.
Old 24th November 2012, 18:59   #47
BHPian

Let's remember that this episode has come to light in the first place, because Vishal had the GPS tracking device installed in his Q7. What if it weren't?! These guys might've ( in all probability would've ) gotten away scot free.

Who knows how many such incidents happen behind our backs as we are sleep in our homes secure in the knowledge (or at least we so believe) that our cars are in good hands. How blissfully ignorant can we be at times? Who knows which moron is getting his kick out of having a joyride at your expense!

With a severe penalty for the errant dealership, Audi will send out a strong message to their dealerships and ensure no such precedents are set. Not just for themselves but also for other car makers to sit up and take notice. Send out a strong signal!

By openly announcing that they have a zero tolerance policy for such rubbish and acting on it, they will, no doubt instil a huge amount of confidence in their customers. Perhaps even go some way in mending their considerably dented reputation in this country.

Mr. Perschke, are you listening?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 24th November 2012 at 19:03.
Old 24th November 2012, 21:08   #48
BHPian

Re: Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker

Its really hard to believe that Audi Mumbai West is involved in this episode !

I recently visited their under construction workshop in Verna in Goa, where they were extremely courteous and showed me around the place. I had an issue where the pads on our A6 had got worn and i got the fresh pads shipped down from Audi Blore as their centre was not functional. The technician Greg was a thorough gentleman who along with his colleagues replaced the pads and even refused to take any payment for the same even though vehicle is out of warranty They just noted the VIN number and i remember a Manager from Mumbai who gave me his contact details and told me to contact him anytime i faced an issue in Goa.

Must be some rotten apples who have found a way to bypass the security,(or security themselves might have gone for a joyride) spoiling the name of Audi and the dealership in the process.

Ive always found Audi customer care to be responsive & courteous. Would be surprising to see otherwise.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 24th November 2012 at 21:14.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 22:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Technopurple quoted 10K for the device and 6K per year annual subscription for the software. Unless you are paranoid and not running a logistics unit, the cost is high and you can get it as an accessory with mind ready to burn 16K rupees.

I am now looking at other alternatives that are cheaper and does the simple tracking and reporting.

Audi - Common Respond.
Old 25th November 2012, 01:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am now looking at other alternatives that are cheaper and does the simple tracking and reporting.

Audi - Common Respond.
A simple alternative. Buy a cheap android phone install a Mobile tracker and just keep it in the car. You just need to have a 3G/EDGE plan.

What I am doing is trying both these apps my old iPhone 3G which I dont use anymore. These basically let you track the locations and not stuff like speed/ entire route/ time but its fine.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phon...447442214?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gps-...460832829?mt=8
Y@SH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 01:51   #51
BHPian

Check this. Well played BMW.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

(Mods I'm only using this ^^ url since the FB account was shared by the colleague of the OP here. Please delete it, if necessary.)

And this just goes on to reiterate how BMW has been owning AUDI all the time: http://www.thechessworld.com/blog1/3...heckmates-audi
creative420 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 03:11   #52
BHPian

Given the amount of time and distance covered in the joyride, I am pretty sure some surveillance camera at some traffic signal would have captured the car. If Vishal can somehow manage legally to get that footage, it will be a rock solid case.
IndianGuardian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 09:18   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't see why there should be any more burden of proof on the customer here at all. He is a gaming company CEO, obviously well-versed in technology, and the logs look rock solid. We've taken on dealerships for much less.

Instead of doing a cheap cover-up, the Audi dealership should be going all out to retain this customer and making the right soothing noises.

This is a 75 lac SUV. What are these guys thinking?
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 09:29   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

So in another angle, Audi SA's are not trained enough to know which of their products ARE gps equipped?
Shame.

Or, in yet another angle, they have put in a defective OE GPS in their range that shows up like Carmen Sandiego while the car is securely and comfortably ensconced by caring workshops?
Much, MUCH shame!!!
I seem to recall lawyers in the US utilizing GPS data to prove/argue innocence for their clients. Back to court, perhaps?
Old 25th November 2012, 10:01   #55
Team-BHP Support

Instead of trying to justify, I guess the best for Audi is to own up the offence, apologise, and look for corrective measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
What I am doing is trying both these apps my old iPhone 3G which I dont use anymore. These basically let you track the locations and not stuff like speed/ entire route/ time but its fine.
But you will need to keep the phone charged all the time right?
Old 25th November 2012, 10:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

there are simpler jugaad systems which i believe BHPians like gurudutt ji are using - involves a cheap 2k something phone wired into the car, along with a GPRS connection.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 10:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

That's shameful indeed on the part of the dealership. Everyday some new and bad story about the Volkswagen group crops up on the forum and it's hard to ignore these stories. The basic situation remains the same in all the stories, do something wrong and then deny it later on. God onlys how did they manage to get only the 'bad' dealers in all the cities !! I am yet to come across a VW car owner who 'wholeheartedly' says that his dealer is decent
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 14:33   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note that only a GPS system will give you the exact location of the car and not a GPRS one! And a GPS system must have a lock on atleast 3 satellites for it to track itself. And it must be powered on all the time its tracking the car. Using phone with GPS/GPRS is not a solution because you wont be leaving your phone with GPS powered on when you leave it at service center. Even if you think you will keep the phone in the car where will it get charged from?Also the service center bloke can flick the phone. If you keep the phone hidden somewhere then its not use because it has to have a clear view of the sky to lock the signal. GPRS will give you approximate location thats all!

Hence , a GPS enabled smart phone cannot replace a well designed and placed GPS tracker
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 14:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, just wanted to come here and post some updates on what's been happening.

Mid-Day Article :
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2012/nov...ice-centre.htm

Mirror Article
Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker-audi_mirror.jpg

Audi sent over the following 2 images as proof.

A photo of 'an' Q7 Odo, I have no idea how it implies that it's his car, or if it was taken before or after!

Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker-audi_speedo.jpg

Their In-Out register, its quite something to see this one.

Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker-audi_register.jpg

Instead of getting into conspiracy theories and throwing allegations you have to realize that my boss is not such a big car nut. But he loves technology. His reason for posting this was to demonstrate a win for technology, quite honestly I think Audi should have just apologized and the whole thing would have been over and done with. He got his car back yesterday but is still worried about the entire thing. There is nothing to prove here or no fight, what happened has been laid down in front of everyone to see. And still not a single sorry from Audi :(

In an related note Infinity BMW (Mini Cooper) sent over this care package for him yesterday (I had quite a fun time driving it around too!) and they mentioned that they saw the horrid experience that he had with Audi and they want him to drive it around and see if wants he likes it. This is fantastic of them to do, not only is it clever marketing. But I do believe customers of luxury cars should get this treatment from all the Germans (European) car makers.

Customer's Q7 being misused by Audi Dealership @ Vakola. Caught by GPS Tracker-audi_mini.jpg
quickdraw is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 15:52   #60
BHPian

I completely agree with the sorry way the case was handled by the dealership and Audi. When something like this happens I believe it is unfair to blame the dealership owner as his downline people would have misused the system and he may be unaware of it till it comes to light. However, in this case, even after the issue came to light, had the dealership owner really cared for his customers, he could have easily spoken to Vishal off the record and resolved his concerns and made up with a goodwill gesture. Had he done that, then even a single post from Vishal saying 'Concern resolved to satisfaction' would have completely turned the tables around and shown that if there is ever a problem, Audi is there to stand by you and resolve it.

But this sorry show of defense and apathy is only going to strengthen the market share of competitors.
IndianGuardian is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks