Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 07:53   #1
BHPian

Palio Service Cochin/Trivandrum

I am sick with the kind of service that the TVS guys do on my Palio D. Can any one suggest any other service stations that you have been using for your Palio/Petra. I am from Cochin and work in Trivandrum, so please suggest any place in either of the places. The serviceis long overdue as I dont want to take it back to TVS.

Please help.
Old 5th May 2006, 08:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

There is this place in TVM called AutoMechanics. He works on all kinds of cars from Maruti's to Cadillac Limos..

Does a good job for sure, but his cost is a bit high compared to other places.
Old 5th May 2006, 08:03   #3
BHPian

Thanks Karthik, can you tell me where exactly this place is, do I need to PM you for this.

Cost is ok Karthik coz atleast its better than screwing up the car at TVS.
Old 5th May 2006, 08:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi..

I'll PM u on the address
Old 5th May 2006, 08:12   #5
BHPian

Thanks Karthik for the quick response.

Will contact you.
Old 5th May 2006, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham
I am sick with the kind of service that the TVS guys do on my Palio D. Can any one suggest any other service stations that you have been using for your Palio/Petra. I am from Cochin and work in Trivandrum, so please suggest any place in either of the places. The serviceis long overdue as I dont want to take it back to TVS.

Please help.
RF Motors in Cochin, the Tata Motors dealer, now services Fiat cars. If you want quality service go to RF and ask to meet Mr. Giridhara Prasad, the service manager. Tell hm you're a TBHP member or a friend of the owner of Dicor 9800 and you'll get good service.

Giridhar is one of the most technically competent service managers I have come across.

You can call RF Motors helpline at 98469 98469.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th May 2006 at 12:47.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:11   #7
BHPian

Thats good news Steeroid, I always had this doubt whether the TATA delears would do service for FIAT in kerala. Thanks for the info.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Steer
Dude, to the best of my knowledge, tata guys do not sell/service fiat diesel cars. Basil has a palio D so he may have to stick to fiat dealers or go toa pvt. garage.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
@ Steer
Dude, to the best of my knowledge, tata guys do not sell/service fiat diesel cars. Basil has a palio D so he may have to stick to fiat dealers or go toa pvt. garage.
Call up and check - what does a phone call cost?

PS: I just called Giri from here and yes they do service Diesel Fiats as well. I've told him to expect a call from a Basil.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th May 2006 at 13:19.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:29   #10
BHPian

Thanks Steeriod for the effort. I am now in Manila and am coming back on the 11th. My car is at trivandrum and is dead. The battery is down or something. I hope to get it sorted and bring the car back to Ekm for the service.
I will ask my wife to contact Giri and probably fix an appointment for the service.

Thanks for the help steeriod. Himanshu thanks for the concern.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Call up and check - what does a phone call cost?

PS: I just called Giri from here and yes they do service Diesel Fiats as well. I've told him to expect a call from a Basil.

Hmm.... thats strange.

I just called up the Kulathunka Motors in TVM and they said that no tata dealerhip sells or sevices Fiat diesel cars.

Are these dealers makig a 'maamu' of us

Basil, if your car is still under warranty, please ensure that geting it serviced from Giri does not void it. I hope for your sake that it doesn't sinc egoing by Steer's comments, they seem to be good with cars.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:39   #12
BHPian

Thats strange Himanshu...i was infact checkin up whether any of the tata dealers in TVM wud service my car. If so I could avoid the risk of driving it to Ekm, the car has been almost idle for 2 months now..

And it is more than a year old now and so the warranty is over.

But I am now more inclined to Giri, I have asked my wife to call him up. If steer is very happy with this guys service, then there is not harm trying it out..

Is Kulathunkal the only tata dealers in tvm.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham
Thats strange Himanshu...i was infact checkin up whether any of the tata dealers in TVM wud service my car. If so I could avoid the risk of driving it to Ekm, the car has been almost idle for 2 months now..

And it is more than a year old now and so the warranty is over.

But I am now more inclined to Giri, I have asked my wife to call him up. If steer is very happy with this guys service, then there is not harm trying it out..

Is Kulathunkal the only tata dealers in tvm.

THere is one more in TVM- Focuz. But I think they are for CVs only since I have only seen Ace parked in their showroom. They are at teh Jacob Junction
Old 5th May 2006, 13:46   #14
BHPian

Ok...so I guess taking it to Giri is my only option...

I should get the service done by next monday/tuesday(15th or 16th) will post the details then.

Now I feel like a true Tbhpian. And this forum rocks..
Old 5th May 2006, 13:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
I just called up the Kulathunka Motors in TVM and they said that no tata dealerhip sells or sevices Fiat diesel cars.
Not all Tata Motors dealers sell or service Fiats. Selected dealers do.

That said, I remembered that Giri was in charge of setting up and temporarily heading the unit to service Fiat cars within RF the last time I was there, and I distinctly remember diesel fiats on the shopfloor.

RF is an authorized Fiat Service Centre and therefore you will have no warranty issues. You can clarify with Giri, just to be certain.

My experience at RF has been quite similar (not completely, but getting there) to what I had at the MGF Autoplex (Hyundai), and that is SOME compliment.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th May 2006 at 13:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks