Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 12:25   #16
J.Ravi

Re: Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
hope they bring back Adventure
No chance. Enrico admitted that Palio incurred a huge loss and he did not promise anything positive to make available spares for the previous generation FIATs. He said that FIAT would 'help' the owners of the previous generation FIATs to upgrade to the new generation FIATs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
is the service facility at the same location? and is it open now?
Yes, Vecto Motors is a 3S dealership with sales, service and spares under one roof. The service station will be ready by this month-end, it seems.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th March 2013 at 12:28.
  (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 23:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the 2nd free service (15,000 kms) for my Linea completed from Vecto Motors. While the service was getting done, had a chance to meet Mr. Premanand Shenoy and discuss a few things about FIATs and the service facility.

Firstly they are seeking feedback from the customers to improve the softer aspects of during the service.

A few details about the service center.

1. The service center currently has 9 bays
a. 3 Bays for paid service, bay numbers 7,8 and 9
b. 3 Bays for free service, bay numbers 1,2 and 3
c. Bay 4 and bay are for inspection, while bay 4 is used as the lift to get vehicles in to the showroom space in the first floor.
d. Bay 5 is for the wheel alignment.

2. The semi automatic washing facility will go operational in the next week. The equipment has a capacity to handle 15 cars per hour. The personnel will be there wipe the car clean. I have provided feedback for them to use only microfiber cloth to ensure there are no scratches or swirl marks while the car is being wiped.

3. Body shop will take another 2-3 weeks to get operational. Till then the body shop from Kudlu gate would be used.

4. A TATA Venture vehicle is available at the disposal of the service center to offer free drop and pick up facility within 5 km radius. Can be of real help for people working in and around the service center. There are plenty of companies around there.

5. FIAT DMS yet to go live, till then all operations to be recorded manually. So there is a chance of confusion during billing or while checking service history (for vehicles currently not serviced at Vecto/Prerana previously). They will need to handle this efficiently.

6. The facility is designed to handle a volume of 35 cars for service. But currently they are taking only 20 bookings to ensure they stabilize and ramp up to handle the full capacity.

A few things to look out are

1. Andriod app to book service and pull the service history of the vehicle.
2. The current volume of service vehicles is keenly looked at. An additional service center might come up in the next 6 months on how things go.
2. Ipads to be made available at the showroom highlighting the features of the cars on offer.
4. WiFi facility at the service center for the customers.

Now a few pics.

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-20130405_095454.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-20130405_095503.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-20130405_095507.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1251.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1252.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1253.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1254.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1257.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1261.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1262.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1263.jpg

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-img_1265.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 20:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see even Palios getting serviced at the new dealership!

Fiat India need to focus on marketing, nowadays hardly any ads in TV, Paper etc...
Old 7th April 2013, 20:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
He said that FIAT would 'help' the owners of the previous generation FIATs to upgrade to the new generation FIATs!
What does this mean? He didn't elaborate? Is this something like exchange package/loyalty bonus/buy back kind of things?
Old 8th April 2013, 07:32   #20
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
What does this mean? He didn't elaborate?
No, he didn't. He mentioned that Palio project in India incurred loss. He added that while it would be very difficult to provide spares for the previous generation FIATs, they would try to provide service support for them to the extent possible.
Quote:
Is this something like exchange package/loyalty bonus/buy back kind of things?
I inferred that Enrico urged the owners of previous generation FIATs to upgrade to the new generation FIATs rather than nursing the hopes of keeping their old generation FIATs for more years in future. No doubt, it's a piece of sad news to all the owners of the previous generation FIATs.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th April 2013 at 07:33.
  (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 17:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Called up Concorde today just to check if they are taking Palio vehicles for servicing, got a response that they no longer service any Fiat vehicles.

They gave me the contact details for the new dedicated Fiat service
9686705500 Vecto motors Singasandra, kudlu gate

I must admit that I've got excellent service from Concorde during the last 5 years. They have good technical staff and know-how to properly service Palios and Vijay the dedicated Fiat service advisor at Concorde has been very good.

I'm a bit apprehensive regarding Vecto. Afterall it will take time for them to gain the skills and cannot become experts overnight.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th April 2013 at 17:19.
Old 10th April 2013, 17:22   #22
BHPian

Even Aadya Motors is coming up with an exclusive Fiat Showroom. Or they already have. Here: https://maps.google.co.in/maps?ie=UT...ed=0CDoQrwswAA
Old 10th April 2013, 17:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Completely agree, Vijay was very good which made me drive all the way to Kudlu gate from Marathalli.

It makes a lot of sense to get people like Vijay and his team on board (to Vecto), Premamand hope you read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

I must admit that I've got excellent service from Concorde during the last 5 years. They have good technical staff and know-how to properly service Palios and Vijay the dedicated Fiat service advisor at Concorde has been very good.

I'm a bit apprehensive regarding Vecto. Afterall it will take time for them to gain the skills and cannot become experts overnight.

Last edited by lohithrao : 10th April 2013 at 17:34.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Vecto's current team is from the Prerana Kudlu gate FIAT team which is quite capable of providing very good service. At least that is what I have experienced with the 2 services for my Linea and 1 service for Palio. I dont see a reason for the apprehension regarding skills as the team there are even pretty well versed with UNO to the current Linea/Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Completely agree, Vijay was very good which made me drive all the way to Kudlu gate from Marathalli.

It makes a lot of sense to get people like Vijay and his team on board (to Vecto), Premamand hope you read this
Premanand has already got a capable team at the service center. Just that they need a bit of time to stabilize with the new set up, arranging the spares, getting the body shop ready, etc. Otherwise things are looking bright for FIATs at least from Vecto.
Old 11th April 2013, 13:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well, my previous comments were based on my past experience, where i had a trouble free ownership experience thanks to Vijay, and it was because he is one of very few advisers who knew Fiat very well and a very genuine guy.

Am sure any organization would love to have such people working for them, esp with such great track records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Premanand has already got a capable team at the service center. Just that they need a bit of time to stabilize with the new set up, arranging the spares, getting the body shop ready, etc. Otherwise things are looking bright for FIATs at least from Vecto.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 13:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Vecto's current team is from the Prerana Kudlu gate FIAT team which is quite capable of providing very good service.......

Premanand has already got a capable team at the service center.... Otherwise things are looking bright for FIATs at least from Vecto.
This is very reassuring to hear, thanks nkrishnap! I look forward to getting a good service from Vecto going forward.
I had rated 10/10 during the feedbacks for Vijay and his team at Concorde for their excellent service.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th April 2013 at 13:38.
Old 15th May 2013, 20:09   #27
BHPian

I was at Vecto yeaterday as I heard a hum from rear left wheel at 80+ speeds. Surendra attended to my complaint.
After a short drive he was able to pinpoint the defect to my tyre - had developed a flat patch and swelling. I replaced the wheel with the stepney and the problem is resolved.

My wiper blades were not wiping the glass in a patch, and I requested for replacement. Surendra aligned the wiper arms and it resolved yhe issue..

This is what we expect from a service center - quick and correct solutions.
autocrat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 23:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Got my car serviced at Vecto and they did a very good job.
The car feels silky smooth and despite the huge rush, they managed to give it back the same day.

Looks like there is huge queue of service bookings, I had to book about 10 days in advance.

If you have serviced at a Fiat authorized center before, then all the previous service records (Except for Royal Sundaram service records) are accessible at Vecto. So they have a record of the service history which is good. . They mentioned that the service history of a car is accessible in all the Fiat service centers.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 1st June 2013 at 23:44.
Old 25th June 2013, 09:18   #29
MCR
BHPian

I had been to Vecto Motors yesterday for 60K kms service of my Punto. The SA assigned to my car was Mr. Surendra. He was very attentive to the problems I highlighted in the vehicle and made a mention of the same in the job card. The quoted estimate was around INR 11,000/-. At around 3.00PM got a call from him saying that the front brake pads are worn out and need replacement. I approved the replacement. At 5.30PM got a call from him saying that the car would be ready by 6.30PM. I went at around 6.45PM to collect the car. The car was neatly washed and the engine bay was sprayed with cutting oil (to prevent any corrosion). The bill came up to INR 13,216/-. But most importantly I was explained in detail about the work that was carried out. Also I was warned to drive slow since the brake pads had been changed.

Overall, I was very impressed about the service. I am happy. I will upload the bill copy in my ownership review thread later.

Last edited by MCR : 25th June 2013 at 09:19.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 09:32   #30
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
The bill came up to INR 13,216/-.
The bill amount indicates that auxiliary drive/accessory drive belts and timing chain must have been replaced as per the service schedule. Did they have these belts/chain in ready stock? Kindly confirm. My Linea is due for the sixth paid servicing at 64 k km. Hence this query.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th June 2013 at 09:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks