Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 09:52   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
After reading the experiences here, I was confused between civic AT and Rider AT. Civic V AT is costlier to buy, petrol driven hence, high cost of running, may not be so sturdy as Skoda in terms of build quality etc. but I am not prepared to risk this kind of experience and without any doubt - I ll NOT buy SKODA. OMG its so scary to think of going through scuh experiences.
I was a Skoda fan not long ago. After hearing these scary stories on dealership and cost of ownership, I steered clear of it when it came to a decision on upgrade from my City VTEC.

Today, having owned a Civic MT V for over a year now, I must say that it has been a peaceful ownership experience with no service center visits outside the routine service. A definite recommend if this attribute is among the foremost of expectations from your set of wheels.
Old 4th May 2009, 11:15   #47

I have one more to add. I had read in the forum in Team BHP about someone saying error reading for oil in the panel after he took delivery from Tafe. Its true. Even I have the same issue after I got it from Tafe. Its showing a warning message while the Tafe people said they have added oil and extra oil to keep it floating. Then why this warning on the panel? Another problem, when I place it on 3rd gear its not placing properly, its slipping. Poor Me :(
Old 5th May 2009, 17:48   #48

I'm sorry to break this but most of the so called Authorized Service stations have the same attitude towards customers. I have had bad experiences with Hyundai/Maruti as well. I like to keep it real with me local Mechanic. Something more serious and I really have no choice..
Old 6th May 2009, 22:40   #49

BHPians, just a quick update. I got my car back today. Its become super smooth. Just thought would give credit to Tafe when its due. Dont understand how they have managed to do it in a day which they took three weeks. Probably they did it because of my dealer who says he shouted at them. Their family members own around 5 superbs. Just wondering how they would have treated if it was a hapless guy like me. Battery has been charged this time. Broken left mirror they said they would replace next time when I go for service since they dont have stock now. I am going for a long ride this weekend to Coorg. Shall update you when I am back {Plz pray for me } Hope I can give some praises to Tafe when I am back. Hopefully.
Old 7th May 2009, 09:38   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by soms201174 View Post
Probably they did it because of my dealer who says he shouted at them. Hope I can give some praises to Tafe when I am back. Hopefully.
1. We love good reviews.
2. I dont think TAFE shouted at anyone. More like Skoda shouted at TAFE after following your issue on TBHP. I suspect Skoda (as part of their PR) is concentrating it's efforts on TBHP members. Never mind that they dont post here as long as we see improvements in service we are happy right?
Old 8th May 2009, 10:28   #51

Navin, in my earlier post, when I said "Probably they did it (Tafe) because of my dealer who says he shouted at them", its not Tafe. I meant Standard Automobiles on Residency Road through whom I bought this car from the previous owner.
Old 9th May 2009, 21:12   #52
BHPian

Can one brand has so much of issues??? I’m sure this is just a piece of reality what we get to read in this forum. There are tons of customers having gone through such trouble with SKODA no matter what dealership it was, who just doesn’t know that there is an online forum to discuss their pain.

Honestly, I reckon you’d be better off with a rick or using the bus rather than owning on of these….
Old 11th May 2009, 14:25   #53

I am down and dead.

Towed the vehicle from Ramnagar and reached bangalore at 1AM. Jayesh D your call yesterday was at the wrong time and your words of consoling the previous day was just rubbing salt on the wound. What is your nickname in this forum here? Ajit, I think what you said was right. The problem is overheating and hence the engine problem. I think it was always there and whenever I pointed about the temp indicator blinking on the I panel they asked me to add water. They said if the temp indicator is at 90 (centre of the panel) it is fine, even if its blinking. It has been always there since the first time I got it from repair.

Last night a local mechanic at Ramnagar showed me the coolant leak. I dont think we need a genius to tell that. Even a novice can tell that if he follows the coolant pipe and checks for leaks. The engine oil was just down there (this inspite of taking delivery after engine repairs just a couple of days back). Filled oil after calling Skoda helpline (15W40 HP Cruise which was available at the bunk), Added coolant and after a 2 km ride the local mechanic adviced me to better tow it to prevent any damage since the coolant in the coolant tank was boiling.

I am worried about the Gasket head, cylinder head etc etc, some of which they said they changed, I presume they did. I saw some smoke coming out after I got it towed and started the engine in bangalore. The engine starts without missing sound. I hope the oil is not mixing in the combustion (because I got the engine work done just a couple of days back) Have given the car to my second hand car dealer from whom I bought this. Atleast he was helpful to pick me up and drop me home late in the night.

It was just me and my 5 year old daughter in the car. You can imagine the agony I went through. Unfortunately she missed her friend's birthday yesterday because of this ordeal and luckily for me she didnt trouble (even with her mom not around) and dozed off after watching her poor dad struggle with his car. Volvo (Bus) to coorg was a better option? I think so.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:34   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am down and dead.

Towed the vehicle from Ramnagar and reached bangalore at 1AM. Jayesh D your call yesterday was at the wrong time and your words of consoling the previous day was just rubbing salt on the wound.
============
Unfortunately she missed her friend's birthday yesterday because of this ordeal and luckily for me she didnt trouble (even with her mom not around) and dozed off after watching her poor dad struggle with his car. Volvo (Bus) to coorg was a better option? I think so.
Dear soms,

Hats off to you for your patience in trying to solve the issue.

Dont you have any option of returning the car back to the dealer and get something better and more reliable?

I strongly recommend that, after reading all the posts.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 11th May 2009, 15:07   #55

Jaggu,
One piece of consolation in all these ordeal has been that the dealer from whom I purchased this car from has been a great support for me. Without him I would have been crushed by now between the devil and the deep sea. Yesterday when I called him he was willing to come to Ramnagar and tow. But I didnt have the energy to wait till he reaches and we get back to Bangalore. He has promised to give another car if this fails. Yesterday and day before was supposed to be my test drive and it failed after I did nearly 600kms to coorg and back. Since my journey during the coming month will be mostly between Koramangala and Museum Road, I can do without it and use my Esteem. Only because i am trapped by the beauty of the car which I bought. Its very good looking. But only issue is its like having a beautiful wife and later learning she is diseased and the gods who created her dont know what has to be done and dont answer her prayers even after a lot of offerings to please the gods. Should I say I am being foolish or just enticed by the looks of Surpanaki.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:27   #56
Team-BHP Support

Hope they sort the problem asap, did you get previous service history? Any odd signals from it?
Old 17th May 2009, 04:06   #57
BHPian

Its really sad that a good brand such as Skoda is rolling itself in slush again and again. I don't know if those guys really care about their After Sales Service at all. I mean, if they their dealers treat their customers, who have spent loads of cash on their product, like this, and if Skoda doesn't have the basic common sense to set them right, it will only be a matter of time before they pack their bags and leave for their hometown.
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:42   #58

I saw this ad of beautiful Laura in today's TOI, got tempted to get one for myself. I had read about these horror stories before so checked those again just to remind myself regarding the ***.

Bottomline: I am happy with my 2006 Hyundai Viva CRDI and Hyundai service either in Bangalore or Gurgaon or anywhere else for that matter.

-Vikas
Old 10th June 2009, 18:04   #59

Just thought I shall keep everyone updated about the beautiful shape my car is in today. Its been a month since I towed the vehicle, every passing day has been a promise by Tafe to deliver the vehicle next day, next couple of days, coming saturday, waiting for parts, one consignment of parts has arrived waiting for the other one, it has to come from Europe so on and so forth. And after a month when they promised to wash the car and deliver it next day, suddenly they found the car is not starting and they discovered the piston is not an original part. In my previous post nearly two months back, I had mentioned how long they delayed to get the engine rectification work done. Now after the engine work being done by themselves they are now saying the Piston was not an original piston and the previous owner must have got it done somewhere and its bent etc etc. I dont understand then what did they see and do when they said they did the engine work in my previous agony of waiting period. It is like, a cardiologist opening a heart for angioplasty and the next time he opens it again for some other complaint because of his mistake, he finds a different working mechanism inside it. "MAGIC"
I shall just wait for this car to come out, sell it off and enough of Skoda fantasies for me. I really pity the European designers of this excellent car because their subsidiaries and their dealership dont know the value of it, technically, emotionally and monetarily.
SKODA SUCKS BIG TIME IN INDIA. FOR CONDOLENCES WRITE TO soms201174@hotmail.com
I am going to collect and copy all my posts in every forum and other websites, so that people in India atleast know what they have to go through when they buy a car from Skoda India.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now after the engine work being done by themselves they are now saying the Piston was not an original piston and the previous owner must have got it done somewhere and its bent etc etc. I dont understand then what did they see and do when they said they did the engine work in my previous agony of waiting period. It is like, a cardiologist opening a heart for angioplasty and the next time he opens it again for some other complaint because of his mistake, he finds a different working mechanism inside it. "MAGIC"
Looks like they worked on the car before. They must've forgotten their own work when they saw this supposed duplicate piston. This must be quite heavy on your wallet...

Condolences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks