Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 82 23.43%
Neutral 82 23.43%
Negative 186 53.14%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 10:38   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

My experience as a seller is good; I got the best price for my three cars. They have offered a price that was close to my judgement but very far from what the others offered. The sad thing is, whenever my vehicle has been put up for sale, they too hide facts and quote a high price for a new buyer.

Recently I sold my XUV500. There is a complete history of my buying experience on this forum and how the dealer avoided embarrassment by selling me a repainted vehicle.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ar-buyers.html (What happens before you do your PDI? The innocence of new car buyers)

I am glad that they have not tampered with the odometer but caused a new dent after taking delivery of my vehicle. The worn-out tyres have also been changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-screenshot_20230520_075545_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 20th May 2023 at 10:40.
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 22:21   #362
BHPian

This is my experience of the evaluation phase only.

So I am looking to sell my 2022 Alcazar Signature 7 seater AT due to lack of usage and also my need to reduce emi since I have invested in a new house.

Firstly I called up spinny. The appointment was set for 11 am and I got calls from the surveyor at 10 asking if he could come early. I was out on an errand but we both arrived at 10.30. The surveyor was polite and did a detailed inspection of the car, taking multiple photos and testing with the paint tester etc. After that we went for a test drive. The car is almost new - only 5000km on the odometer. He was satisfied and said I will receive an offer in an hour.

Similar experience with Cars24. This guy took an even shorter test drive. He showed me the 5 star rating that he had given on the app for my car.

I got the offer from both in an hour after the inspection. Cars24 quoted a higher number than Spinny but both were well below what I can get if I sell it directly to a customer. So I did not proceed with either company but my overall experience was positive.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 22:42   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Similar experience with Cars24. This guy took an even shorter test drive. He showed me the 5 star rating that he had given on the app for my car.

I got the offer from both in an hour after the inspection. Cars24 quoted a higher number than Spinny but both were well below what I can get if I sell it directly to a customer. So I did not proceed with either company but my overall experience was positive.
Cars 24 will quote something quite high and even send you promo mail quoting even higher. Then when the actual quote comes in, the amount will magically reduce for one flimsy reason or the other, to the extent that even small time roadside car dealers will give you a better rate.

After that their telemarketing people will call you for upto two years later asking if you have a car to sell. Avoid at all costs.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 11:42   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

After that their telemarketing people will call you for upto two years later asking if you have a car to sell. Avoid at all costs.
You were absolutely correct. After I informed the agent that I will not be selling my car after all, I received a message stating that we are sorry we could not fetch a price for your car.

Even after this conclusion, I receive almost daily calls and messages from them asking if I have another car or can I reconsider their offer.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 23:38   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Legally, are we responsible for any issues involving cars sold through these new portals like cars24 and Spinny, before they change the ownership of car to new buyer?
Quoting this post once again as we might be selling one of our cars to one such portal. I'd really love to be sure of what the whole process will be (especially considering the car will be going back to its original registration state and need a re-registration - 15 years done).

These portals do have some policies in place, but from what I have heard, the Supreme Court Rulings more than quash these. What all should I be doing and keeping handy, considering it might be very hard for me to keep track of the car?
Old 22nd June 2023, 06:43   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Quoting this post once again as we might be selling one of our cars to one such portal. I'd really love to be sure of what the whole process will be (especially considering the car will be going back to its original registration state and need a re-registration - 15 years done).
The only advantage is that if it is a portal they’ll usually insist on registration being transferred when they sell the car. A park and sell dealer will not even care and some buyer might drive your car without re registering it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 11:56   #367
Senior - BHPian

I am sharing my experience with CARS24 about their 7-day return policy. I purchased a used Maruti Suzuki Ignis 1.2L Sigma with AMT vehicle on June 23 from one of their hub at Bangalore. The vehicle was a second-owner type and had an odometer reading of 44,884 km. I drove home after taking the delivery on Friday night, before paying the amount I had shown the patches of repaint to my Sales Advisor. Since it was evening, I could not check the vehicle in the sunlight. The next day morning, I thoroughly checked the vehicle and observed that a lot of bodywork had happened previously and the rear suspension on the right side had a misalignment issue and signs of radiator damage.
Immediately I decided to return the car and called on their helpline number to request for return of the vehicle. I received around 3-4 calls on Sunday asking for the reason and a few attempts from CARS24 to convince me to retain the car. Finally on Monday morning after 2 days, my Sales advisor advised me to bring back the vehicle to their hub. By evening, the car return request was approved and the full amount except Fastag charges was refunded to my account. This is a welcome policy for any person buying a used car in today's over valued market.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-photo-deepak-8.jpg  

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-photo-deepak-9.jpg  

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-photo-deepak-1.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 28th June 2023 at 11:57.
deehunk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 13:34   #368
BHPian

Hi All, A couple of queries.

1. I have read a few posts where the posters said cars24 offered x in the first go and y in the second go. What does this mean? Negotiation over the phone or inspection of the car again?

2. The executive is pushing me to complete the transaction saying the quote is only valid for 3 days. Any truth to it?. If I take more than 3 days to decide, will it involve yet another inspection for valuation?
Old 10th July 2023, 13:54   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi All, A couple of queries.

2. The executive is pushing me to complete the transaction saying the quote is only valid for 3 days. Any truth to it?. If I take more than 3 days to decide, will it involve yet another inspection for valuation?
My personal experience while I was selling my car. I declined the offer made by them , they called to ask my reason and told them I had better offers from spinny as they had offered 40k more than cars24. They requested for an hours time to call back with a better offer and they did but by then I had locked the deal with a seller directly so didn't want to go back. If you take more than 3 days to decide they will have to redo the inspection
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:07   #370
BHPian

Taken for a ride by cars24

A senior citizen I know based in Banglore sold his car to Cars24 few week sback
He gave them the Form 30 etc, but they did not transfer the car into company's name

Car continued to be in seller's name

Now a buyer who took delivery from cars24 immediately had an accident involving the sellers car.
But the buyer's name is not yet reflecting in RTO records.

Case has been filed in bellary court against the seller.

Has anyone experienced such incidents?
How do you get out of it?
som9729 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:09   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by som9729 View Post

He gave them the Form 30 etc, but they did not transfer the car into company's name

Now a buyer who took delivery from cars24 immediately had an accident involving the sellers car.

This is exactly what my own worry was. The "promise" from cars24 was that we cover all eventualities. Have you involved them here?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:15   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This is exactly what my own worry was. The "promise" from cars24 was that we cover all eventualities. Have you involved them here?
Yes, missed adding those details.

Their cust care "promises' "action" but no response till now.

So wondering what to do

Any thoughts anyone?
Did anyone experience something similar?
What's the solution??

Last edited by som9729 : 14th December 2023 at 15:35.
Old 23rd February 2024, 15:21   #373

All in all, I had a decent experience with Cars24. I had been trying to sell my 2016 ZDI Brezza for some time now since owning BS4 diesel cars has become a pain in NCR. I tried both Spinny and Cars24, inspection was thorough from both but Cars24's offer was much better (I had to negotiate a little though).
The thing I really liked is there's actually a lot of convenience with these guys, I literally did not have to go anywhere, everything was done at home and payment was received in full before they picked up my car. My only worry is the pending transfer of RC, hope that's done quickly.
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:18   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by som9729 View Post

Cars24 or for that matter similar companies never promise to transfer the car to their (company's) name. I think you friend misunderstood or was missold. Cars24 underneath is just a dealer broking platform where the actual buying/selling is done by dealers.

Before the ownership transfer happens there is a risk of an accident. Cars24 have some kind of insurance where they are supposed to help financially for legal fees etc, in such cases.

In your friends case he can prove that he did not have the car with him during the accident. Cars24 gives a letter to that affect which can be used as a proof. Also the payment done by car24 is another proof. Hence he is off the hook for personal criminal liability, since that lies with the driver of the vehicle. However being the owner he is still liable for third party claims. If he still has the third party insurance for his vehicle, the insurance will take care of it. Else he will have to foot the bill for that.

It is advisable to keep your third party insurance active and keep paying the insurance premium till the car is transferred even if you have handed over the car to a dealer/Cars24 etc.
JediKnight is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:53   #375

My experience as a seller with Cars24 was not bad, in fact I was impressed with the seamless process and how quickly everything was done from my car evaluation to the money being transferred to my account.

One thing however, that did irk a me a little was the persistent nature of the tele salesman and and how he tried creating FOMO by saying the offer is only valid for a limited time. The final offer was a whopping 53K more than the first offer. I had the patience and tolerance for negotiation but not everyone will. This discussion could have been more professional.

Still, I think Cars24 does add value in how it has made car selling easy and how one does not need to worry about getting scammed or the car getting into wrong hands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks