Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2007, 02:11   #31
BHPian

Have shell any plan to open its outlet in kerala?
Old 6th April 2007, 11:37   #32
BHPian

Shell seems definitely good. I tried two fills of Super and got about 11.5 KMPL. This time I reverted back to IBP regular to see if it gives me the same FE. I never had complaints with IBP regular, but my driving distances have changed recently and want to see if IBP regular works the same way. Shell super probably has made the engine a little quiet and gave a marginal increase in pickup. BTW I obtained same FE with IBP in one fill earlier.
Old 6th April 2007, 11:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sreenivass,
Where is shell currently operating from? I am working in Begumpet and living in Bowenpally. Anything closer by? When will Ameerpet one open?
Old 6th April 2007, 13:37   #34
BHPian

Already open

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Sreenivass,
Where is shell currently operating from? I am working in Begumpet and living in Bowenpally. Anything closer by? When will Ameerpet one open?
It is already open buddy, I made a couple of fills from there. While you go towards Sanatnagar from Hyderabad Central there is a Yousufguda intersection (third light after leaving Hbad central intersection). Take a left there within 100 meters or so you can locate it. The station is very neat and people courteous. Do not forget to fill at late night, least traffic and most attention, good fuel too.

Last edited by sreenivass : 6th April 2007 at 13:38.
Old 11th April 2007, 21:29   #35
BHPian

Inshort ... its opposite HUDA, saarthi studio lane..
Old 11th April 2007, 22:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I have filled in petrol a couple of times at the West of Chord Road entrance (from Iskon side) but havent got a windscreen wash. I guess only a couple of petrol stations offer this facility.

The novelty has obviously worn off.

I have seen a couple of bunks in chennai (new ones). One in Padi on MTH Road & one approaching the padi junction coming from anna nagar(W) bus depot. i tried the latter & was extremely surprised at the pleasantries of the staff, but i am darn sure this is just for a little while
Old 11th April 2007, 23:00   #37
BHPian

Bangalore Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Do anybody get windscreen washed in Bangalore ( Hosur road) Bunk?. I have been filling up for the past one year ( Full tank twice a week.). I never got my windscreen washed!!.
In Bangalore, Shell on Lavelle road, the 2 of them on Mysore road are excellent. The ones on Hosur road do skip windshield wash. They also tend to get more bus/truck traffic .
But what the heck! I go there for the fuel so I don't bother. I drive distances only to fill at Shell. I haven't tried out the one on Old Madras road.
Willing to pay the premium for all the atrributes mentioned above - the key being good fuel and the other being (fair) queue system for fuel and for air, as opposed to brute force (I have had issues at other pumps where they allow 2 wheelers to barge in front of you).
Old 11th April 2007, 23:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

actually, it is not the quality of the fuel that is giving you better results. Me thinks (I am not deadly sure) that shell does not have a refinery & hence has to procure fuel from the same refineries that IOC, BP, HP buy. The only difference could be in the quantity which almost all govt oil companies do not have any control of in their bunks, simply because they pay only 1.5 to 2k to their staff while shell pays 6k. So what they are saying is that you make the rest by adulterating or by tampering with your meters.
cheers
Old 12th April 2007, 03:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
actually, it is not the quality of the fuel that is giving you better results. Me thinks (I am not deadly sure) that shell does not have a refinery & hence has to procure fuel from the same refineries that IOC, BP, HP buy. The only difference could be in the quantity which almost all govt oil companies do not have any control of in their bunks, simply because they pay only 1.5 to 2k to their staff while shell pays 6k. So what they are saying is that you make the rest by adulterating or by tampering with your meters.
cheers
Conversely, it could also be that the other outlets are prone to adulteration while Shell outlets aren't. But who is to vouch for that ?
Old 12th April 2007, 14:44   #40
BHPian

Waiting to welcome Shell ...

I've been looking forward to the opening of this Shell outlet on Bellary
road (opposite GKVK) for a long while now ... Read somewhere that it
was supposed to open early February. But for some reason it is dragging
on and on. Anybody has any idea when this one will actually open ?
Old 12th April 2007, 15:36   #41
BHPian

Shell seems to have a long term strategy, and I presume they own the stations. Two new Shell pumps have come up around Whitefield, along with the one near SAP. One is on Whitefield main road that connects to Old Madras Road, near hoskote. The other on Varthur road. I was surprised to see Shell outlet there, as I wasn't even expecting a petrol pump in such a place.
On the first look these locations are deserted, but hold huge potential to develope in the near future.
Also, if you are not offered a windshield cleaning, and you need one, go ahead and demand. Sure they'll get it done

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 12th April 2007 at 15:39.
Old 12th April 2007, 16:01   #42
Team-BHP Support

I have been filling up regularly from the Shell outlet near SAP in Whitefield.
Evenings when there is the rush of people returning from work, they do seem to be in a bit of a hurry, but still manage to say the 'Namastes' and flash a brief smile too. In the midst of all this, they even clean the windshields. If they do not, you can very well demand, and they WILL oblige.

I just love the fact that they ensure a queue even for filling air in the tyres. Saw a Fiesta owner trying to tip the attendant for filling air in the tyres of his car, and the guy refused it politely saying it was a free service. I dont think you can find that at any of the bunks which may claim 'Free Air'.
Old 14th April 2007, 22:28   #43
BHPian

Last thursday there was strike announced by all the oil companies and pumps. The day there was huge traffic pile up towards the petrol pumps to get the tank filled before midnight.

I went to the usual Shell pump. To my surprise the attender told me that Shell wont participate in strikes and has not done in the past also. They wont participate in such strikes in future also. Thats sharp and clean business and being there for customers always.

Only thing I don't understand is the difference between the normal petrol and the shell super they sell there! Some difference in the Octane % but not clear from what they say.
Old 14th April 2007, 23:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

I've already posted it somewhere else but things almost took a turn for the worse in the Shell bunk on Hosur Road.

The guy almost filled in Diesel into my Civic. I'm usually very comfortable with Shell that I don't get down when they fill my car. But by chance i got out and saw the diesel nozzle slotted in !!! thankfully he was punching in the amount when I found out the mistake. No damage done. But it did shake my confidence a lot. It was like 7 in the morning and I guess the attendant was sleepy !!!

So Shell or no Shell, keep a watch not only on the meter but on what they have slotted in :-)

I heard its a regular problem with the Swift now after the Diesel model came in.
Old 15th April 2007, 00:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
It is already open buddy, I made a couple of fills from there. While you go towards Sanatnagar from Hyderabad Central there is a Yousufguda intersection (third light after leaving Hbad central intersection). Take a left there within 100 meters or so you can locate it. The station is very neat and people courteous. Do not forget to fill at late night, least traffic and most attention, good fuel too.

it's diagonally opposite to sarthi studios or the road opp to huda maitrivanam on that intrersection.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks