Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 18:34   #1
BHPian

Welcome Shell!

This is not a promo thread. This is just to state my good experience with shell outlets so far.

Having seen bad and really worse petrol pumps in every city that i driven across the new shell outlets seem to be a refreshing change in the horizon. Overall it is a positive experience in the shell outlet. Some of them are:

1. Uniform layout of the petrol pump
2. Adquate number of employees to get you in/fill/bill/fill air/get you out
3. Precaution (engine, mobile phone to be switched off)
4. Request to ensure zero, repeat the fuel and quantity you requested to be sure
5. Windscreen wash
6. Free air (proper queue maintained, no preference to 2 wheelers etc); No change to be given to the guy
7. A small shop with snacks/water/drinks
8. Very polite attendants
9. Proper billing (they provide you a bill anyway and you dont have to ask for it separately)
10. Greet/wish you when you get in/out.
11. Consistent quality of fuel; good quality fuel.
12. One attendant doing filling/cleaning windshield/billing per car

It is indeed a refershing experience. They dont even allow any vehicle to enter the pump from the wrong side. They dont let anyone jump the queue for filling the air. They let the two wheelers inside a proper barricade and guide them towards the far end of the pump. They ask you to get down from the two wheeler and switch off the engine too.

The fuel quality is indeed great and gives a good run (mileage, power). They are reliable.

Many other brands have totally opposite qualities as against the points mentioned above. Company owned or not they try to put adulterated fuel, try to cheat you by not asking to ensure zero, dont provide bill and take long time to provide one even if you request. Dont give first in first out priority.

As shell provides a different and positive experience I would like to say "Welcome Shell!" and wish other brands follow suit soon.
Old 18th January 2007, 18:40   #2
BHPian

Nice review about your experience LandCruiser!!!! Is filling, cleaning & billing done by one person, would'nt it take much time?
Old 18th January 2007, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

I second your views. I have had only good experiences at Shell. Though there is not much improvement on the mileage front, at least I am sure I am getting good quality fuel and good service. My last 5-6 fills have been at Shell. Inf act, I drive down around 10 km to fill at Shell only.
Old 18th January 2007, 19:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Excellent set up. Many a times filled few litres just to get the windscreen cleaned.

Iam not comfortable with their greet (calling sir everytime) & insisting on shell premium even after you say normal petrol.
Old 18th January 2007, 20:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, refilling at Shell bunk is a pleasant experience!
Old 18th January 2007, 23:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
Is filling, cleaning & billing done by one person, would'nt it take much time?
Not really. They seem to be properly trained to handle the customer and are organized. Sometimes depending on the person it might take time too.

In other pumps anyway it will be like too many guys roaming around constantly distracting and asking you the same questions blah blah....

There must be really good petrol pumps from other brands too. But shell is very professional in the whole lot I think.
Old 19th January 2007, 04:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have not filled at Shell so far but heard from my friend that the quality of fuel is very good there and that his FE has really improved. Does Shell have any other outlets in Chennai apart from the one at Vadapalani ?
Old 19th January 2007, 05:57   #8
BHPian

There are two more outlets I know of one on the road from Guindy to Porur and one at Medavakkam.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice feedback Landcruiser and I second your observations as well...I always put shell petrol in bangalore, now that shell outlet is available on all the highways that go out of bangalore, getting a shell fuel should be easy for anyone....
Excellent customer service...
Old 19th January 2007, 09:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
There are two more outlets I know of one on the road from Guindy to Porur and one at Medavakkam.
Also ,there is one on the Mahindra World City near Chengalpet. Many may not know this since there is no road sign in the highway branching out to the fuel station.
Old 19th January 2007, 09:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
5. Windscreen wash
Do anybody get windscreen washed in Bangalore ( Hosur road) Bunk?. I have been filling up for the past one year ( Full tank twice a week.). I never got my windscreen washed!!.

May be I am on a Bolero (Very Jeep-ish). Kindly let us know other car owners who is regular at this bunk with their experiences. I should insist or what?.
Old 19th January 2007, 10:03   #12
BHPian

Guys,
I back you guys for shell fuel.
I work for a consulting firm called Jones Lang LaSalle and we introduced Shell to India. We identified and transacted 14 sites in bangalore out of which 10 outlets are operational as on today and few others in Chennai. All our company employees use only shell fuel due to this sentimental reason.Unfortunately due to the real estate hikes we were not able to identify and transact any outlets in South Bangalore so you dont see any there. However we are still on a look out. we have a dedicated team for this.
Going back to the outlets, all these are owned and maintained by Shell. However the employees are subcontracted, so you might see RKR enterprises and similar names on certain outlets.They giev the best service and the best fuel.Petrol cars are claimed to give 1-2 Km more mileage on shell petrol. Ordinary shell petrol is equivalent to Premium petrol from other outlets. Wish there was super diesel too (I drive a CRDi!)...
And wish there were more outlets ...
Old 19th January 2007, 10:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Once thing I like is they are very consistent. One which makes me uncomfortable on the Mysore Road Shell is when female attendants talk too nicely for a little longer !!
Old 19th January 2007, 10:20   #14
Team-BHP Support

any idea of what octane rating shell is claiming?
Old 19th January 2007, 10:20   #15
Team-BHP Support

Shell is definitely good, with respect to their customer satisfaction. They always have a smile on their face, and u feel privileged. Their lill goodies store is also a welcome experience. Ever since i bought my car, right from the first fill to the present day,have always been using Shell, except in situations where i have no other alternative, such as when i was travelling in Kerala.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks