Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 12:21   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago buying experience with Lakshmi Tata, OMR Chennai

Congrats on your new car.

Reading your ordeal itself was so confusing-discussions with multiple agents, dealers & after finalizing the deal, more people joined from your side for negotiations. It can be very confusing for anyone.

While I respect your rights to do so, may I suggest, you keep one point of contact on either side for all communications? that will make life easier for everyone.
princenoble is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 13:29   #107
BHPian

Mods - I thought this thread was closed. Although most of the advices are valid and will be a reference to first time car buyers, I feel after couple of pages it’s redundant.

Can you please do the needful?.
bronco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 19:08   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Mods - I thought this thread was closed. Although most of the advices are valid and will be a reference to first time car buyers, I feel after couple of pages it’s redundant.

Can you please do the needful?.
Report such posts and move on. Or take what is meaningful and leave the rest.
That's the best we could do on a open forum.
Mr.Boss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 23:46   #109
BHPian

I'd like to revive this thread to ask if any Tata showroom in Chennai is good and is recommended. (I read this thread long before I became a Team-BHPian, and it definitely put the Altroz out of my mind. I can only imagine how bad it may go with a new vehicle built on a newer platform.)

So, I have set my sights on the Nexon (as well as the upcoming Sonet). Tata Motors' website lists showrooms in Anna Salai, OMR (the showroom referred to in the first post of this thread), Arumbakkam and Greams Road.

It would be of great help to me if anyone can recommend one of these (or possibly other dealers I may have missed) based on personal or any known experience.
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:08   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

So, I have set my sights on the Nexon (as well as the upcoming Sonet). Tata Motors' website lists showrooms in Anna Salai, OMR (the showroom referred to in the first post of this thread), Arumbakkam and Greams Road.
Hi Gus
Contrary to what has been mentioned in the thread, I got a Nexon from Lakshmi Tata OMR only. Had no issues with them. They were transparent with me and the overall experience was very good. You may ask to deal with Aravind there. He was the sales guy who I interacted with. Good choice in getting the Nexon. If you need his contact number, you may PM me.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:17   #111
BHPian

Quote:
It would be of great help to me if anyone can recommend one of these (or possibly other dealers I may have missed) based on personal or any known experience.
Please try Gurudev Motors.

I have bought Tata Tiago from Gurudev Motors, Poonamallee High Road in July, 2018. Good experience through out the process. Regularly got service reminders till date though I have always serviced my car at Concorde ECR (which again was good). Quite satisfied with service and car so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post

I have bought Tata Tiago from Gurudev Motors, Poonamallee High Road in July, 2018. Good experience through out the process. Regularly got service reminders till date though I have always serviced my car at Concorde ECR (which again was good). Quite satisfied with service and car so far.
Edit: Please contact Ashiq Raja (+91 7299158000) at Gurudev Motors. He was the one who took care of when I was buying car.

Last edited by navin : 23rd August 2020 at 13:15.
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:37   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
I got a Nexon from Lakshmi Tata OMR only. Had no issues with them. They were transparent with me and the overall experience was very good.
Okay... How is the after-sales experience so far? Asking because Tata doesn't have the best reputation there. And thank you very much for offering the number, I will ping you once I figure out sending PMs here

Quote:

Edit: Please contact Ashiq Raja (+91 7299158000) at Gurudev Motors. He was the one who took care of when I was buying car.

I thought Concorde has shut down? In any case, thank you again for the contact information. I will look into both of these, see where it takes me
Old 24th August 2020, 06:12   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I thought Concorde has shut down? In any case, thank you again for the contact information. I will look into both of these, see where it takes me
During my last service, the advisor told me that Concorde ECR service center will be taken over by new management and I have got service reminder from them last week also. I forgot to ask about the change in management but they are still operating.

Note: Thanks moderator for merging my previous back to back posts. I replied to my post since I was not able to edit it. Thanks !
bvasista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 13:57   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest looking into TAFE. Other people might have had a good experience with Lakshmi Tata, but I didn't. No matter how the case was handled from our end, there was a lack of ethics from their end where they went back on their word and also charged us extra, where as a simple "the deal is now changed, you have to pay 20k extra" would have saved us time and money and we'd have switched showroom or reconsidered purchase. The shady shit they pulled has no justification, no matter how an amateur first time car buyer dealt with the negotiation process.

Second, don't consider the Chrompet tata motors showroom. The salesman there was quite arrogant and hand in glove with the Lakshmi motors people, also bad-mouthing other dealers saying the other dealers will silently give you problematic cars and that since these guys are newly opened, they will supply only fresh cars and high quality. I didn't understand that at all. This is Gokulam motors, and the guy's name was Aravind and it was him and his sales manager who pitched us that way. That immediately put me off at the get go.

Third, if you're dealing with Ashok or Naveen at Lakshmi Tata, just be careful, make sure everything is on paper before you pay, make sure you have all the requisite details. These guys didn't follow through on lot of things, had us go here and there to get things done. At one point, they were telling us to take the car and get the car to RTO ourselves. A first car buying experience should never be that bitter, no matter what, especially when bought for an auspicious occasion. Bad luck or what, the car ended up sitting in garage for 4 months due to lockdown, and had a no show at the marriage because the entire process around the car was jinxed.

Anyway - it's just me warning as a concerned person.

Tata Nexon is a very good choice. Altroz looks sexy but don't know about the specifics of the mechanics of the car. You won't go wrong with Brezza either.
shrvenkataraman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 00:56   #115
BHPian

Quote:
During my last service, the advisor told me that Concorde ECR service center will be taken over by new management and I have got service reminder from them last week also.
Oh right. Got it. I will look into what you've told me thus far. Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
I would suggest looking into TAFE. Other people might have had a good experience with Lakshmi Tata, but I didn't.
I get it. I am just determined to really have Nexon as an option. A good car, but Tata's inconsistency is a huge problem. I'll certainly make sure to get it all on paper, irrespective of the make/model I settle for at the end. I don't want to totally overlook the Nexon, just because of Tata's reputation. I'd have to make a trip to the showroom sometime, so if I feel something is off during the visit(s) I won't proceed further.

Quote:
Anyway - it's just me warning as a concerned person.

Tata Nexon is a very good choice. Altroz looks sexy but don't know about the specifics of the mechanics of the car. You won't go wrong with Brezza either.
Altroz is quite loaded, but the engine is an issue. A turbo-petrol is already in the pipeline, but seeing as the Altroz is a relatively newer model, I'm not ready to trust that Tata has completely ironed out niggles. Brezza seems good, but the higher variants seem to be over-budget, and the ones within lack some features that is essential for us. So I guess I'd have to get an actual quote for the OTR price. Venue and the Sonet are both under consideration too. Thank you
Old 25th August 2020, 13:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrvenkataraman View Post
I would suggest looking into TAFE. Other people might have had a good experience with Lakshmi Tata, but I didn't. No matter how the case was handled from our end, there was a lack of ethics from their end where they went back on their word and also charged us extra,.
Didn’t you try to get your relatives to bargain and then get different rates? That entire situation was where the tables got turned on you I am afraid. Not an approach I would recommend when buying anything at all let alone a car.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Okay... How is the after-sales experience so far? Asking because Tata doesn't have the best reputation there. And thank you very much for offering the number, I will ping you once I figure out sending PMs here

Concorde has shut down and taken over by Lakshmi Tata. No issues in the after sales department. They sent me reminder for service. First service I dropped it off on the way to work and they dropped it off at office in the evening.
Second service was during this lockdown. Pick up and drop was done. No complaints in the vehicle. Everything was done and explained properly.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 18:01   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
Concorde has shut down and taken over by Lakshmi Tata. No issues in the after sales department. They sent me reminder for service. First service I dropped it off on the way to work and they dropped it off at office in the evening.
Second service was during this lockdown. Pick up and drop was done. No complaints in the vehicle. Everything was done and explained properly.
Right, this is a bit reassuring to me, to know Tata seems good in the after sales department in Chennai. Thank you!!!
Old 25th August 2020, 21:17   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Right, this is a bit reassuring to me, to know Tata seems good in the after sales department in Chennai. Thank you!!!
Not just TATA or not only Chennai, every dealership is putting their money and effort in building happy customer base, only by which they could able to sustain in the market. Most of the bad experiences were inline with Newton's 3rd law (We try to screw up and get screwed) I said 'Most' and not 'All', so if someone wants to give me gyan, thanks but no thanks

All that I could say is - if you are satisfied with the product, forget about the dealership with whom we are gonna spend hardly a couple of days in a year and rest of the 350+ days we are gonna live with the product only. And most importantly, there is always a give and take in any relationship and do follow the same with A.S.S for better ownership experience.

In nutshell,
- Do your homework before purchase, don't involve someone who will screw your buying and ownership experience (and later cry here and there)
- Have the deals and offers documented clearly, with validity (and applicable terms and conditions)
- Don't play foul games for the sake of getting few bucks additional benefit (after all karma is a bitch) A healthy relationship could save more in long run
- During service make sure they don't oversell additional service (I have the habit of writing down the list of parts to be changed or service to be done in details rather than just mentioning 20k km service, etc.)
Mr.Boss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 23:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

In nutshell,
- Do your homework before purchase, don't involve someone who will screw your buying and ownership experience (and later cry here and there)
- Have the deals and offers documented clearly, with validity (and applicable terms and conditions)
- Don't play foul games for the sake of getting few bucks additional benefit (after all karma is a bitch) A healthy relationship could save more in long run
- During service make sure they don't oversell additional service (I have the habit of writing down the list of parts to be changed or service to be done in details rather than just mentioning 20k km service, etc.)
Right. I will most certainly not involve any third party or let up in my attentiveness during the purchase (asking for the PDI, or getting the invoices etc.)
And yeah, definitely need to check on additional services (like the teflon coating they offer) Thank you for your suggestions.
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks