Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 15:47   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Well, Looks like the videos have been taken down... as of 12:49:30 noon IST 25 Jan 2021.
A "settlement" hopefully.
Uploaded them here:

Leoshashi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:56   #77
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
The video evidence has been added to my original post. Thank you, GTO!
Could never imagine that KIA dealerships would indulge in such fraudulent activities !

Last edited by shaheenazk : 25th January 2021 at 16:05.
Old 25th January 2021, 16:02   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
The video is no longer available.
Seems like the owner doesn't want this video to circulate anymore and is taking them down by copyright claims.

Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's-screenshot_20210125160039_youtube.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:18   #79
BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Wow. This has really blown up. Apologies for the late response, work has been hectic and I've not had a chance to nip in here and see what has happened. As usual, it is extremely heartening to see TBHP take this issue as seriously as it should have been by others who saw the same on Facebook.

The videos were taken down inadvertently by Tariq as he tried to upload a video explanation for what happened to him. He believes Youtube flagged the videos I uploaded as a result. However he was happy enough to share the link of that video with me.

This is the link to the video explanation of what happened, uploaded by Tariq himself. These contain the original footage, as well as his version of the events.

The dealer has been incessantly trying to get him to delete everything from social media. Apparently, some of the lower levelled members have been lain off, and the GM himself is facing pressure due to this issue. As a result, the GM has been sending him messages daily, pleading with him to get it off the net.

Tariq did not want to name and shame the dealer or persons involved (although it is visible in the video), saying he knows how difficult the job scenario is and he does not want anyone to suffer and lose their livelihood in this climate (a good soul). I don't think my reaction would have been this empathetic or understanding. However, he did say he has their call recordings, and is prepared to use those if they engage in more skullduggery.

I hope this clears things up. I saw various quotes from various people. I'm sorry I couldn't catch up with each and every one of them. Do let me know if you need more information.

@GTO: This could be added to the my initial post I guess. I know you've had to edit it multiple times.

Last edited by DeathPig : 25th January 2021 at 16:35.
DeathPig is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 16:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. This has really blown up. Apologies for the late response, work has been hectic and I've not had a chance to nip in here and see what has happened. As usual, it is extremely heartening to see TBHP take this issue as seriously as it should have been by others who saw the

The dealer has been incessantly trying to get him to delete everything from social media. Apparently, some of the lower levelled members have been lain off, and the GM himself is facing pressure due to this issue. As a result, the GM has been sending him messages daily, pleading with him to get it off the net.
Exactly the kind of update we were hoping for. High time these people learn treating their customers right & not just as some helpless beings. Tell them, Team-Bhp thread is not going anywhere even if Tariq would want it to(Which I am sure by now that we won't).

The only damage control they can do now is to make right the loss & learn a lesson from this.
Engine_Roars is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:10   #81

Quote:
The videos were taken down inadvertently by Tariq as he tried to upload a video explanation for what happened to him. He believes Youtube flagged the videos I uploaded as a result. However he was happy enough to share the link of that video with me.
Not to divert from the topic on hand, but that's not how copyright on Youtube works. I reckon he took them down himself to be the sole owner of the content, for views or maybe to gain exposure for his channel. But anyway....
pillionrider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:32   #82
BHPian

Not once, but twice they changed the head unit. How dumb and naive can the service center be. Absolutely shocking to see this happen, and the service center getting away with it. It seems these days-once the car leaves the factory the manufacturer has nothing to do with it, except replacement parts at a cost. Why can they not have CCTV on at the work bays, and have a team monitor for theft. Is it that expensive.
asingh1977 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:43   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
The only damage control they can do now is to make right the loss & learn a lesson from this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Not once, but twice they changed the head unit. How dumb and naive can the service center be. Absolutely shocking to see this happen, and the service center getting away with it.
Just went through the details and realized that I missed a very important aspect.

The second head unit is again a used one. What if it's not from Mobis, and has been taken out from the car of some unsuspecting customer, like they did before with Umar?

What is the source of this replacement head unit? IMO, this is an equally important question. There is a probability that some other owner is suffering the broken head unit at this point of time.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:45   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
[b]What is the source of this replacement head unit?
A question that was met with nonsensical answers from them. I'm not sure what prompted them to try cheat him again, with the same device he went in with a complaint about. Surely common sense would have played its hand?

Then again, if it had for the dealer, Tariq wouldn't be in this predicament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
Not to divert from the topic on hand, but that's not how copyright on Youtube works. I reckon he took them down himself to be the sole owner of the content, for views or maybe to gain exposure for his channel. But anyway....
Ah, ok. Thanks. I'm not very YouTube savvy, so I thought this was what had happened.

Last edited by DeathPig : 25th January 2021 at 18:06.
Old 25th January 2021, 18:16   #85
BHPian

This is horrible, I'm not sure how do I react to any of these! I bought a sonet in the first lot and the way things have been popping up the can of dead worms never seems to get over! If anything KIA should respect the other consumers, come out and then call out the problems here and assure fixing these and also maybe show some commitment where it's needed for the future.

The average Indian consumer might never know about these issues, I wish youtube videos get blown out of proportion to make it to one of those whatsapp forward! On the contrary I've clocked close to 5000kms in 3 months and I have had an absolute blast with it on the highways and I love the machine!

I'm due for the second service and god this is nerve wrecking!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 18:20   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Tariq did not want to name and shame the dealer or persons involved (although it is visible in the video), saying he knows how difficult the job scenario is and he does not want anyone to suffer and lose their livelihood in this climate (a good soul). I don't think my reaction would have been this empathetic or understanding. However, he did say he has their call recordings, and is prepared to use those if they engage in more skullduggery.
This is not the first time we've heard bad things about Kia India. It's almost as if someone wants to sabotage Kia so that they give up and leave the country.

Other than that, the conversation amongst the employees of service center show their attitude towards others, would they be classified as psychopaths? Says a lot about the state of our society today. I am still trying to understand what sort of environment produces such humans. I am sure this same attitude is shared by many others in the dealership. Scary, but inevitable, given the wide disparity in living standards. Given this reality, shouldn't Kia management take corrective action?
MSIL seems to be handling such issues better, but even in their workshops I've noticed that my car had been misused.

Like many others have commented above - all dealerships should provide a complete video of the car from the time it is handed over to the dealership to the time it is handed back.

Unfortunately, this type of behavior is prevalent even in other industries, where employees have no qualms about cheating their employer and their customers.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 18:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Why is that every passing day, it feels like Kia is turning into the VW/Skoda story in India?

Got off to a great start with some promising products, only to be let down by some serious after sales issues?
Old 25th January 2021, 18:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

If Kia thinks people don't already know and have formed an opinion against them, they are grossly underestimating the situation on the ground. A friend of mine returned from US after 7yrs and is looking for an SUV. There aren't too many decent options in the budget he is looking at (~15lakhs) except Creta, Nexon, Seltos. He already said no to Kia stating some owners told him about issues with service centers! So now he is wondering whether to wait for 8mths to get a Creta or get a Nexon. Yes, that's how long the wait is as per the sales staff in Nagpur to get a Creta.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 18:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I thought of complaining on their service thread, but then held back as I was thinking there is no alternate Mahindra service center near by home and I shouldn't spoil my relationship with the SA and staff there by taking it online; I am still confused at what I should have done!
Please take this up with Mahindra. Tweet about it if needed to the 'With you Hamesha customer care'. Mahindra takes these things very seriously. The SA has already taken the first shot at you by inflating bills, don't come across as a weak customer who will pay up meekly.
Get the regional customer care manager involved.
anantpoddar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 19:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the latest from Mr.Umar.

His dealer has now started asking him to remove all posts from social media. There is no response from Kia, it's just from the dealership. I think Kia will start facing the heat soon. Their response to anything has been to not respond at all. People owning anything below HTX have issues with the throw and illumination of their halogen headlamps. And there's no response to that. Nor for the broken suspension, nor the burnt car.

It's just a shame.

Edit at 13:24 - He just received a call from director of the dealership saying they will replace it by friday next week.
Kia - service remains a gamble, could be a hit or a miss! I think this should be standard review for all Kia products.
Raghu M is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks