Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:33   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
well, their dealers are the public face of maruti so they are maruti as far as im concerned. as far as taking it to higher level is concered i can take it to mr Khattars desk if i want to,l.but its not a big enough issue.
its not just the sales staff, if you buy the car you also have to deal with the service staff again and again. if they are not interested in selling you a car where they make a commision, im not sure how good their after sales service would be.
an accessible service station is a factor for me when buying a new car,because i cant spend a whole day just to drop and pick a car for servicing.
mercedes and honda pick up and drop cars from my house when they need service,so i cant be bothered running after maruti.
this is presicely the reason i havent bought a maruti since a Zen automatic in 1996(since sold), there seems no change in their attitude.
there are already three hondas in the house, with a fourth ill certainly be better off than with a maruti.
serves them right because between friends and relatives, i influance the purchase of at least five cars a year,i might not recommend maruti now...
So...the dealer wins!
Thy never invited you. Did they?
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

well, just leave it and move one. its not worth the effort running after getting a dealer sorted out. Someone was narrating this story - that a friend went into the B&O showroom and asked about some speaker - and the sales guy had the cheek to tell him - you cant afford it.
Sales guys are not as they used to be. I remember, when i went to chekc out about the swift - they wouldnt even bother -that was when i had gone on the bike. Another day - i drove down in the lancer - and you had people throwing themselves at you. its sad the state that has been reached. :(
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:53   #18
BANNED

One dealer (or dealer's staff in this case), can't spoil the immaculate customer care Maruti is known for.

I recommend you to take up this with Maruti by email and remember to point out that particular staff's name in your complaint.

I have some very pleasant experiences from Maruti dealers here and some sour ones. But that doesn't make me think bad of my car or the manufacturer.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I have some very pleasant experiences from Maruti dealers here and some sour ones. But that doesn't make me think bad of my car or the manufacturer.
Zakko, can we have the same treatment for Fiat too?
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic behavior for sure.

I feel this is what happens, since its closing time their sales rep would have tired to attend one more customer, this happens in India for people working from morning to evening in big cities with lot of pollution.

I do agree any time they should respect you and give all answers and offer you TD and so on. Or If its closing time they could have offered you TD first thing in the morning and more details on the vehicle.

Anyway GV can't be compared with CRV only advantage I found after seeing its website If we need to save money by compromising luxury/refinement/class we should go with GV else its CRV anyday.

Since you want to try GV visit same or different dealer and check it out. We should not care for the sales rep who didn't attend us.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:50   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Anyway GV can't be compared with CRV only advantage I found after seeing its website If we need to save money by compromising luxury/refinement/class we should go with GV else its CRV anyday.
Engine may not be as good as CR-V but...

GV is for true off-roading which CR-V can not do.
Remember - Central differential with limited slip + fully lockable and with true 4x4Low mode.

I am happy that someone (that too Maruti) is offering this tuff in India...

GV's success is very important for India (just like SX4's) - of course - it should be purely on the merit of the car.

May people's ego and attitude and snob value of a brand not spoil the fun...

BTW, got another call from Maruti (third in last 2 days) saying they are arranging a TD...
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

I agree your point Anand, I appreciate Maruti for bringing good functionality to India(ABS,EBD,Climate control etc. features within price range people can afford here). its matter of time they improve with quality and show some good stuffs. I feel they should position their vehicles with economy and luxury trims then many customers who needs cars with good build, fit / finish, luxury feel will buy Maruti products.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:07   #23
BHPian

"mercedes and honda pick up and drop cars from my house when they need service,so i cant be bothered running after maruti.
this is presicely the reason i havent bought a maruti since a Zen automatic in 1996(since sold), there seems no change in their attitude.
there are already three hondas in the house, with a fourth ill certainly be better off than with a maruti.
serves them right because between friends and relatives, i influance the purchase of at least five cars a year,i might not recommend maruti now..."

There are a few people in Team-BHP who are not very pleased with the Honda service of a certain dealership. What do you recommend them to do?

By just having bad experience with one dealership you cant just blame the manufacturer.

And for you information Maruti also has a free pick and drop facility for service.

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:14   #24
BANNED

Very sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Zakko, can we have the same treatment for Fiat too?
I am very sorry! but NO! yes I said NO.
FIAT as a manufacturer itself is obsessed with other things than the customers and their cars. Not just the dealers.

@ FinneyP. Please! Don't start another FIAT argument in this thread too. And later, many would say I started it. Remember in which post did that four letter F word came up first! I don't understand why some always drag that whenever there is a bitter customer satisfaction related post comes up. Is it that bad?
Nothing offensive here guys! Please don't take it in that manner.

And why should we have another GV vs CRV discussion here when it is healthily running somewhere else on the forum?
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Ravi and well said hellcat.

Dealer picking up and dropping the car back after service is not as important a criteria for me as the quality of the car itself.
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
"mercedes and honda pick up and drop cars from my house when they need service,so i cant be bothered running after maruti.
serves them right because between friends and relatives, i influance the purchase of at least five cars a year,i might not recommend maruti now..."

There are a few people in Team-BHP who are not very pleased with the Honda service of a certain dealership. What do you recommend them to do?

By just having bad experience with one dealership you cant just blame the manufacturer.

And for you information Maruti also has a free pick and drop facility for service.

Cheers
Hellcat
I second that !!! Maruti offers all the stuffs which u might get in the other dealerships...

Remember, Maruti is number 1 in customer satisfaction, and i have many instances when people got their dues....

Abhi
Old 24th July 2007, 15:55   #27
BHPian

Stop blaming Maruti for this. They are the numero uno when it comes to customer satisfaction. All you need to do is call 1800 1800 180 and lodge a complaint. Just see what happens! I am pretty sure the sales guy will be in a big soup..
Old 27th July 2007, 22:41   #28
BHPian

hi awini, noted your feedback and its kinda unfortunate that you got a cold response. but i request us all to think just for minute. have anyone of us even for a second stopped to think about why that sales person did not respond to you? we straight away jumped to the conclusion that he is this and that and the dealership is this and that and even to the extent that "does maruti care". am not defending what that guy did but just for second think perhaps may be just may be, he was having a real bad day at work. so cut him some slack please.

we all have bad days when we behave like morons and robots.

it does not matter what you have gone to buy or where you have gone to buy. sometimes the responses are not what we want them to be. so its up to us to understand that perhaps simply that the person we demand a response from is simply having a bad day.

and may be you don't need to give him an earful, for a change, give him your ears and ask him if there was something bothering him on that "fateful" day. and i bet you in most cases the response will become positive and you just might be gald that you asked him and so he will too.

life is a beach.........enjoy it!

surYa

Mod Edit: Go easy on the dots please. Thanks!
Old 29th July 2007, 00:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
we all have bad days when we behave like morons and robots.
I agree 100%. However, I have never been able to do that with my clients. Infact I have received a lot of crap from them, for no reason at all, and all my bosses had to say was, "cant help it, we are in a service industry"

I am a market researcher, and any market researcher in this forum will understand what i am hinting at

Cheers
Ajay
Old 29th July 2007, 01:10   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I second that !!! Maruti offers all the stuffs which u might get in the other dealerships...

Remember, Maruti is number 1 in customer satisfaction, and i have many instances when people got their dues....

Abhi
... As far as after sales service is concerned, I doubt if somebody can be better than Maruti...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks