Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:32   #1
BHPian

Laggard salesmen at Maruti dealerships

on saturday i visited sikand motors on janpath in new delhi, to enquire about the grand vitara, which at 15 odd lakhs on road is marutis most expensive vehicle.
admitidly, it was about 7pm, so it was about closing time, but the doors were still open, when i asked about the car to a salesman sitting there, he did not even have the courtesy to stand up and attend to a potential customer for a very expensive car, when i couldnt get any information from him, i asked for the sales and price leaflets,he just kept sitting there and shrugged his shoulders, and said they dont have any, at that point i thanked him and walked out.
with this attitude i dont see maruti selling them very well. they still seem to be living in a time when they could sell crap like the maruti 1000 for 4 lakhs plus, about time they wake up.
well i guess ill be looking at the CRV more seriously now, perhaps even the Pajero, which though slightly more expensive, is extremely good value for money now. except that its not automatic.
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic behaviour by this dealer. Visit him again during the day time & give him an earful & forward your experience to MUL. He will get what he deserves. Anyway i think you'd be better off with the CR-V.
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Try another dealer, no dealership that treats customers like that desrves your business.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you speak to any time Maruti?

They will respond immediately + straighten up the dealer.

I am too keen on a test drive of the Grand Vitara and registered with Maruti online. They called back and confirmed they will soon arrange it. But the car has not physically arrived in Pune yet.

BTW, I specifically told Maruti Anytime guy I want a knowledgeable sales guy dealing with me. He noted this down. let's see.

Keep us informed on how it goes for you and what do you end up buying.

Isn't CRV way too expensive than the value and Pajero on it's way out (it does not have CRDi engine)?
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats atrocious. Skip this dealer and others who dont know where their salaries are funded from.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

awini. Just go there one more time. Get the name of the person. And Take it to higher levels. We should not let people do such things to anyone. Its basic that you should learn how to respect another human being. He can very well say that we are closed today. Ignoring the presence of another human being is the highest level of insult. DOnt let him get away with such behaviour.

Probably he thought you are some window shopper with just dreams and no money!!!! But even if thats the case this is no way to behave. If he does not know how to deal with people let him go for some back office job. Let him not be in the front end. and i feel we all should make it a point that we make people understand that we wont take such behaviour with a smile.

In the meanwhile i feel the Honda would be better if its quality that you are looking for.

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd July 2007 at 10:44.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Send a mail to MUL and see... you should get some positive outcome...

Abhi
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that Awini but these days it seems some dealerships just don't care. Let me compare this to my experience with Courtesy Honda where I had gone for a TD of the CR-V for a friend. We reached late at about 6:30-6:45 pm when all the sales staff bar one had already left (It was a saturday so there was minimal sales staff anyway) but as soon as I approached him he was courteous enough to ask me to have a seat in their lounge & went off to enquire about the car's availability.

It seems the Manual was not available since the head of the dealership uses it but the AT was offered to me for a TD within 2 minutes & after taking a copy of my license we were off for a longish TD. Pushed the car & enjoyed it without the salesman complaining even though he was getting thrown around big time in the rear seat! And after that we spent another 15 mins in the dealership taking another look at the Accord and even though we were the only ones there apart from the salesman there was no rush from his side.

As we left he just asked us for our numbers without any unnecessary sales talk. If I had to buy the car I would actually buy it from a company like them primarily for their friendly attitude & service.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:09   #9
BHPian

I guess its the Dealership at fault in this situation and not Maruti.

Hellcat.
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post

Hellcat.

I agree.

And Grand Vitara is very cute looking - I am just unable to look at anything else without taking a TD.

Maruti is generally very good in Customer Service.

My experience with the Honda Dealership in Pune has been pathetic.

They think they are HONDA DEALER so customers are lesser form of life!
Honda, are you listening?
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why don't you speak to any time Maruti?
They will respond immediately + straighten up the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Send a mail to MUL and see... you should get some positive outcome...
Maruti usually responds fast and well to customer complaints, and its not without reason that they stand as first in customer satisfaction.

In this case, dealer action is pathetic, and am sure Maruti would respond quite favorably.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Hellcat.
well, their dealers are the public face of maruti so they are maruti as far as im concerned. as far as taking it to higher level is concered i can take it to mr Khattars desk if i want to,l.but its not a big enough issue.
its not just the sales staff, if you buy the car you also have to deal with the service staff again and again. if they are not interested in selling you a car where they make a commision, im not sure how good their after sales service would be.
an accessible service station is a factor for me when buying a new car,because i cant spend a whole day just to drop and pick a car for servicing.
mercedes and honda pick up and drop cars from my house when they need service,so i cant be bothered running after maruti.
this is presicely the reason i havent bought a maruti since a Zen automatic in 1996(since sold), there seems no change in their attitude.
there are already three hondas in the house, with a fourth ill certainly be better off than with a maruti.
serves them right because between friends and relatives, i influance the purchase of at least five cars a year,i might not recommend maruti now...
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

agreed awini. But the guys there should know what they have lost. If you dont let them know that there is just no point in you experiencing this. I believe its not worth the experience if you cant make any impact. Maybe they dont care for the loss but i feel we need to make our point. Its only then that the experience becomes worthy enough. Dont bother about the outcome. Just make your point. And make it loud and clear.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:04   #14
VBV
BHPian

Quote:

Hellcat.
I would agree. I've got pretty good service from a few dealers of Maruti. It must be a dealership issue.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Brother,

It is indeed misfortunate that the gent in question lacked basic courtesy, esp for a premier customer. That being said, surely you'd agree that there is more to a dealer, than just the man-holding-fort@4pm - the deal you could get, or the service center - they are worth more. So its okay. Do remember that fellow's name, and give them an earful the next time you go

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks