Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 10:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating

The fact that OP in in kollam is pretty much all the info you need - there is only one nexa Service center. Their names starts with S and rhymes with arathy
greenhorn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 21:20   #32
BHPian

Re: Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating

At times obsession with Metrics and numbers blind the department, out to seek the feedback. I had a learning once, when one of my customers gave less than encouraging feedback and I tried to share my explanation. That Gentleman, with a smile, said - you asked for a feedback and I shared one. Its up to you to take it and do something with it. This incident, at the beginning of my career, taught an important lesson in customer relationship management.

From what I read of your experience, I would blame the corporate folks who are enforcing the mechanism to the level where the dealership is literally harassing the customer to extract the positive feedback. When OP gave the average rating - it was an opportunity for the dealership to introspect and improve on the reasons for OP's discontent, rather now - they ensured that OP wont give any honest feedback going forward.
Abhi99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 07:07   #33
BHPian

I too had faced similar issue for a Scheduled Service job at Maruti Arena Service Centre. I had initially requested the dealership to use Torque Wrench for tightening suspension & tyre bolts which they refused saying torque wrench is required only for engine jobs!!

When I rated them as 'Average', what followed was a mental trauma with multiple calls at odd hours and offering horrendous solutions like a free Pick up & Drop on next service or Free Washing for suspension bolts which are not properly torqued!

The fiasco went to the extent of service centre guys coming to my place and harassing my aged parents even when I had specifically told them that I am not at home for any discussion and discussions on the phone were enough for me.

Fortunately, after writing in detail to Maruti about my ordeal, the TSM was kind enough to give a call & apologize on behalf of the dealer and calls stopped.

The entire system defeats the purpose of taking feedback if the customer is kept at gunpoint to give a 10/10 rating! @sac23, you should have stuck to your point and escalated to Maruti instead of bending down to such unscrupulous practices.

Last edited by graaja : 29th August 2023 at 07:12. Reason: Minor typo
Aritra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 12:16   #34
BHPian

I had a similar experience recenty with Nexa. It was not so bad as in some the posts above because it was a simple second free service for my Grand Vitara. Nexa executive calls me and asks to give excellent 10/10 rating if I get a call from MSIL head office. Otherwise MSIL cuts some marks for that particular dealership. Even a "good" rating is not good for them I agreed as there was nothing to report but that call never came
Old 30th August 2023, 13:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Another stupidity you need to understand is that there are no 5, 10 star rating systems. It's either good(full stars) or bad (anything less)

There are plenty of customers who think, they were good, but they're not perfect. Let me give them a 4/5. That's not how it will be measured. A 4 is as good as a 0. Don't go by the English meaning of excellent. You have binary choice between good and bad. If good, give 5, if bad give another number of your choice. It doesn't matter . This is how the entire service industry works.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 14:23   #36
BHPian

If any business called me to specifically request a good/excellent rating, that alone would be reason enough to not give them a perfect rating as they’re trying to influence the customer. Asking for a review/star rating is fine, telling someone what to rate is unacceptable.

In all my years running a service based business, we have never asked a client for specific ratings even once, and yet we’ve received mostly 5 star reviews on google. It’s not rocket science, give people excellent service and they’ll rate you well.

Coming to Honda, they tried the same stuff with me once long back, spilled oil all over the engine bay, overfilled the oil level above the max mark on dipstick and soiled my interior.

Gave a 4 out of 10 rating. What followed was a volley of phone calls trying to give freebies in return for a perfect rating. Told them politely not to call again. Didn’t stop, after about 4 days I agreed to rate them again, this time gave them a 0 out of 10 for all the harassment and threatened legal action if they ever called on my number again. That stopped them finally.

Do not let car dealers or anyone else bully you, stand up for your rights and tell them they’ll get a legal notice next if they continue down this line of harassment.

Last edited by AJ56 : 30th August 2023 at 14:24.
AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 12:27   #37

I too faced this with my Maruti dealer. They hounded me with service calls for 2 months.

One day I lost it and threatened to complain to Maruti customer care. The lady apologized and promised not to call again.

What baffles me is this: The same lady used to call me daily, how can she expect me to keep answering "not for a while, I haven't completed 20,000 KMs nor have I reached the end of service period" day in and day out

Next time I went for a service, "DO NOT CALL" was written all over my information in the job card. My SA and I had a good chuckle and got it replaced with my actual contact info.
Old 17th September 2023, 01:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_cs_1 View Post
The same lady used to call me daily, how can she expect me to keep answering "not for a while, I haven't completed 20,000 KMs nor have I reached the end of service period" day in and day out
Oh, this is another nuisance I face. A lady calls me every now and then from Nexa to ask me how much the vehicle has run and asking for my current ODO reading. So annoying.
sac23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 16:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac23 View Post
Oh, this is another nuisance I face. A lady calls me every now and then from Nexa to ask me how much the vehicle has run and asking for my current ODO reading. So annoying.
This reached new level of craziness for me. Our car had high running initially but we have decided to give it some break and use our other car. But for the past month or so I have been getting calls almost every single day for oil service and insurance. The amount of calls is just unbelievable! Even after insisting that I don't want any calls they keep calling me

I even asked them if oil service was the only worry of my life. With so much work to be done at work, it's super annoying to have such irritating distractions daily for no real use. Planning to shoot a mail to Maruti if this insanity doesn't stop.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 16:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
This reached new level of craziness for me.
I still get calls from Nexa numbers. I keep blocking them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks