Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2023, 12:58   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating

Nothing new. They have been shamelessly doing this & MUL has chosen to be quiet about this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5057105 (Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5308734 (Annoying calls from dealers for insurance renewals, service due & more)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 13:38   #17
BHPian

It's similar with Arena as well. I'm not going to shy away from naming the dealers here.

When I was buying my Brezza from Vishnu Cars, Ekkadunthangal, Chennai, I was bombarded with calls from the dealer, and then from Maruti themselves. I remember getting at least four calls in total. Two of those four took at least 15 mins. It was like a survey, where I had to rate each and every aspect of Vishnu Cars and Maruti separately. And they told me clearly that if there was anything less than Excellent in any rating item, I'd get a follow up call to understand why my rating was lower.

The Vishnu Cars customer support team kept requesting me multiple times in the same call that I should give Excellent ratings only when Maruti customer support team calls, else they would face issues. My occupational hazard struck and the call turned into me reassuring them that I'll ensure my ratings don't hurt their feedback.

Because I was indeed satisfied and with the euphoria of a new car, I did give them Excellent ratings in everything so that they can get off my back.

Next, when my car broke down less than 15 days after delivery, the cylinder head assembly was replaced by Popular Maruti, Arcot Road, Chennai. While the replacement was done properly, with a clear explanation given and the actual parts shown. While the loaner car was in pitiful condition, I didn't mind because loaner cars are not even offered in the Hyundai showrooms we used to go to.

This time, I was put through a call that lasted 15 mins, on each and every parameter. Again, the threat of further calling led me to give Excellent ratings even when they were asking about the loaner car.

This might not be a special case for Maruti though. Similar practices might be followed by other car manufacturers, though to different extents.

Last edited by Small Bot : 27th August 2023 at 13:40.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 17:38   #18

You went through a long and pronounced mental torture so might as well should've stuck to your average rating or change it to poor. They don't deserve excellent rating at all and I think you should escalate this issue to Maruti Suzuki.
Ritzy2K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 18:14   #19
BANNED

I have a Tata Altroz XE petrol manual. The thing is that the service centre does a very pathetic job and expects a good rating, if we give a bad rating they will pester us a lot. Whenever I give my car for service or any accidental claims I would first say that if the work is not perfect please don't expect me to give good feedback I might even send emails to the higher officials. This has worked so far and I have never been overcharged. They have satisfied me 99%.

Last edited by graaja : 27th August 2023 at 21:20. Reason: Fixing capitalisation. Please proof read before posting.
AltrozAadhithya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 19:31   #20
BHPian

You should have given them a Poor rating instead of changing it to Excellent. I had faced poor painting work from multiple Nexa service centers. The 3rd time I lost my cool when during a front bumper change they installed a bent bumper. The painting was terrible as well. Initially, I gave an earful to the service and dealership manager(AVG Nexa Kottayam) then complained directly to Maruti. MSIL takes feedback very seriously and they made the dealer come to my house, take the car, install a new bumper, and then polish the car.
Recently, Honda was disturbing my mother with frequent calls for service. I called the CRM and told him to stop calling my mother unnecessarily and if they did this again we would stop coming to the service center. This did the trick and calls stopped.
I would suggest that you send a mail to MSIL with the above pictures and the problems you faced including the persistent calls.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 19:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Firstly sorry to hear about your ordeal. Now here is what I think.
1. You agreed to give them an excellent rating despite not being happy with the service. Like many mentioned, you shouldn't have.
2. NEXA are not the only people doing it. Even BMW does it. At the service desk they have a print out of the webpage you get when you click on the feedback mail they send you. Ratings are 0-10. The printout has 9 & 10 highlighted with a red box with a note saying "Click Here". The difference is the Service Advisor requests you to do it if you are happy or first tell him what the issues are before giving feedback. Most of the time the service is good so I have no problem giving a good rating.
3. You must have seen that viral video of a guy receiving a spam call. He picks the call, keeps the phone on the table, covers it with an utensil and starts banging the utensil with some spoons. I thing you should do that the next time NEXA calls.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:22   #22
BHPian

Talk about being the carbon copy of your sister!

I had a similar issue with Toyota when I took delivery of my Hycross.
I was receiving automated messages about my delivery experience.
One day, I put in a score of 6 or 7 out of 10 as there was complete radio silence from the dealership and only I had to do the follow-up with them. As is the case, I assumed it was an anonymous rating.
When I was taking delivery of the car, the SA pulled me to the side and in a polite manner asked how is the service I received. Before I could answer, he said, he knew it was good, but still after all that, you have rated us poorly.
That is when I decided to not share any feedback with anyone as these people just want to get the best of rating without the best of service.
Old 27th August 2023, 20:51   #23
MCR
BHPian

Same situation with Toyota (Nandi Toyota, Kanakapura Road).
I took the test drive of Glanza a few weeks ago and since then there has been a barrage of calls and follow-ups, despite me having informed them that I will let them know if I decide to buy the Glanza.
Their used car division is also following up with me continuously asking if I have any car to sell. Here as well I have told them that I have no intention to sell any car and the new car I plan to buy would be an add-on to the Garage.

Their Sales representative went to an extent saying that I have to book the car even tough its a Company Lease, which is a compete lie based on the policy my organization has for Corporate Purchase. I had informed him this as well during the test drive. In my case, we decide on the car model and the Purchase team gets 3 quotes and finally buys the car from the cheapest vendor against a PO.

Last edited by MCR : 27th August 2023 at 20:52.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac23 View Post
I have a Suzuki Ignis 2018. ... emotionally blackmail us as if they would lose the job if we didn't give positive feedback, but this is a new low to me.
Well, they at least use their job as an tactic. Guess what happened to me with KUN Hyundai service center in Anna Salai, Chennai?

They did a very poor job of cleaning up the car after a waterless wash (it was one of those times when water was scarce) and I had complained about it during delivery of the car. The SA just made some lame excuse, asked some cleaner to dab the surfaces and walked off. I didn't create a scene then but reported this incident when I got a call from the Hyundai customer support guys.

Like you mentioned, all hell broke loose. The highlight was the SA's reaction, who called me and told me, "Sir if you were not happy with something, you should have told me before picking up the car. Don't do this again, Ok?", in a tone that a school teacher will instruct a student. That's when I lost my cool and asked him to stop gaming their service system. Then KUN's customer support calls me and I asked them point blank why they are resorting to pressurizing the customer for good ratings. No proper response. I then threatened them saying I will simply call up Hyundai's customer support and complain about this tactic as well. I am pretty sure they are aware that this is happening and that's the sad part.

You should have put your foot down and stuck to your rating or changed it to poor. They should have been more careful with the car and cannot cry about consequences now.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 22:02   #25
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal and the overall experience dealing with this Service Center.

However, as others have mentioned, if you believe they were at fault, you shouldn't have given them a false rating, even at the expense of your time and peace of mind. The rating given was your biggest bargaining chip, with which you could have received a better service - as a remediation of the previously deficient job as well as future visits.

Your post still helps those who visit this particular service center or plan to do so in the future.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 27th August 2023 at 22:04. Reason: Spellings
SankalpDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 23:30   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry but what stops you from complaining to Maruti with the facts or poor service experience than giving up and crying here ?

Maruti's feedback system is strong and they'll take it up if you log a complaint. You haven't even mentioned the Nexa's details or the people who have troubled you, so what's that you are expecting from this community?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 23:51   #27
BHPian

Thanks for all the comments.

There is a reason why I gave an Excellent rating and finished this once and for all.
This is not my first bad experience with Nexa. Previously, they had shown me inflated service bills to trick me into getting a 2-year service package, and on one occasion they overfilled the battery water in my car which made the battery go bad the very next day after service which had me stranded. I had to replace the battery. (Another Nexa dealer)
On both of these occasions, nothing happened except for similar levels of begging to give them a better rating. Heck, one of their guys came to our home with a paper for me to tick excellent in one of their forms!
In the end, these people would make us look like some evil person trying to harm their bread and butter!

On another occasion, during an accidental repair, they replaced an alloy wheel since it had scratches. They offered a buyback for Rs.2500 for the old wheel. I was abroad at that time and it's my dad who took it to the service center.
The people in Nexa sent me photos of the wheel and I agreed to pay for it. But, they took advantage of my dad and gave him another broken alloy wheel. It was only when I returned to India after a year, I understood how we were cheated. (Another Nexa dealer)

What would have happened if I stayed stubborn on my rating?
They would offer me a free 'polish and wash' which would end up with more damage considering how carelessly they treat cars.
And what about the fender they did dent work and painted. Who in their right mind does dent work on a heavily damaged Rs. 1000 part and repaint it?

None of their service advisors are competent and technically sound. On the last service visit, they tried to convince me that my car's clutch is bad and it's apparently 'returning when we take the foot off' and it needs some work while it was functioning perfectly!
As long as it's a whole part replacement or routine maintenance they can do it.
I am also very much afraid that these people would do something crooked and mess up my car intentionally!

Maruti Suzuki needs to know that, making Nexa a premium brand by giving suits to its employees and a well-designed building is not what matters. It's how they treat the vehicles that matter.

My whole intention of this thread is hopefully to bring this to the attention of Maruti Suzuki to make it less pathetic for all future customers, not just for me.

The only reason for not naming the dealer is that I don't want them coming and lying in front of my home now! No kidding, they will even do that for me to delete this thread!

Last edited by sac23 : 28th August 2023 at 00:16. Reason: added a line
sac23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 08:53   #28
BHPian

I might not have budged due to there incessant calls.

You could have asked them to come to your place and done complete polishing and washing. After all they are the one who were promoting mobile service. So everything was doable.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:39   #29

I have seen at many places, they ask you to give a rating out of 10, and mentioning below that 'any rating 8 or lower is considered dis-satisfactory'. And these places BEG you to give at least 9 star rating.

Perhaps internally they are using a similar rating system.
Old 28th August 2023, 10:15   #30
BHPian

I had recently faced even lower heights by the corporates. While giving my car for a service in Renault at Guwahati, they asked me to forward the feedback SMS to their personal number (so that they can give Excellent rating to themselves). I flatly refused and told them that this is unethical practice to ask the customer for the feedback SMS.

While I had no complaints or unsatisfactory feedback, I feel that with such unethical practices, the whole feedback system has become worthless and junk. Maybe OEMs should start anonymizing ratings given to any particular service station and share with them in bulk. For example, OEM could share average ratings over an entire month with the service station so that they would not know who gave them bad ratings. Also, asking for the feedback link from the customer should be strictly forbidden.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks