Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2023, 10:28   #1
BHPian

Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating

I have a Suzuki Ignis 2018. Unfortunately, due to an accident, the car had to be given to a Nexa Service Center for accidental work (along with periodic service).
There were dents on the left side fender, doors, and mirror.
The bill came close to 18K.
Even before the vehicle was delivered, I started getting calls about Feedback for their service from Nexa. I never gave the review and waited for the delivery.
On delivery, they made me pay the bill before showing the car to me. The dent work done on the fender was not the best as the reflections of light could offer the deformity. Besides it was just a Rs. 1000 part and why would anyone do dent work on it?
Secondly, they had removed the door cladding from the car and threw it in the rear seat quoting they didn't have the required 3M tape Also it was an accessory and therefore it won't be fitted. That was understandable. Since there was no point in arguing with these people, I left. After all, this is what can you expect from a service offered by a budget service center!

Photos of the damages post service.
Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating-1693025124729.jpg

Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating-1693025106765.jpg

Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating-1693025092457.jpg

Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating-1693025071542.jpg

On reaching home, I also found out that the vehicle had a lot of new tiny scratches all around which they hid using some rubbing compound. I knew that they would deny these if I told them anyhow. There was also a hand imprint on the bonnet of the car after someone touched the bonnet with putty on their hand.
I continued getting calls for the review from Nexa, I answered them one day and gave them an 'Average' rating.
This is the only mistake I have ever made and the Hell Broke Loose!
I started getting multiple calls throughout the data from the Nexa dealer asking why I rated them bad and also what all are my issues. I told them my issues and they were offering a free wash and polish or whatever to make me give them an 'EXCELLENT' rating.
I said I was not going to come back there for this and besides my complaint is about how they carelessly handled cars in their service center resulting in scratches throughout the car. These people can't take that for an answer and I continued to get calls from them every day for the last 2 weeks for their 'EXCELLENT' rating. I kept blocking their number and they kept calling from new numbers.
Later, I got fed up with this drama and gave up, I pleaded with them to stop calling me and gave them an excellent rating. They asked me to send a text to a WhatsApp number with the text, 'Yes, Excellent'.
I continued getting calls from their head office to reaffirm this for a few days to reaffirm.
They also wanted me to give them the so-called Excellent rating!
Since when did corporates drown to such low levels?
This is pathetic! Come on Suzuki India. This is not how you should conduct a customer feedback loop. I feel so disturbed by the whole ordeal. Earlier, they used to blame it on the service advisor and these service advisors used to call and emotionally blackmail us as if they would lose the job if we didn't give positive feedback, but this is a new low to me.
sac23 is offline   (132) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 10:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Getting harassed by Nexa Service Center asking for an 'Excellent' rating

That's an induced decision at almost a gunpoint. I read your ordeal thoroughly and feel you shouldn't have succumbed to their evil designs.

When they are so much worried and so highly disturbed with an average rating, they need to have the gall to have better introspected their negligence and slip shod workmanship on your Ignis which earned them such a rating.

But as a damage control we hope your thread will create more awareness about the underhand tactics these NEXICANS adapt to stay in business. It will be appreciative if you can please name the ASC.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 11:21   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac23 View Post
This is pathetic! Come on Suzuki India. This is not how you should conduct a customer feedback loop. I feel so disturbed by the whole ordeal. Earlier, they used to blame it on the service advisor and these service advisors used to call and emotionally blackmail us as if they would lose the job if we didn't give positive feedback, but this is a new low to me.
No use ranting about it without taking any action. You should have stuck to your guns and stayed with your average rating.

First of all, name the dealership here. Put across the higher ups (no need to mention service advisors) who called / harassed you for giving them a good rating. You could then share this thread with Suzuki customer care if you really want them to make things right. Else just forget about it and continue with your life.
ninjatalli is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 11:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Later, I got fed up with this drama and gave up, I pleaded with them to stop calling me and gave them an excellent rating.
Maruti feedback system is good if you give it directly to the company when they call from automated numbers. In your case, you shouldn't have succumbed to their pressure tactics. If you're not satisfied with the job, tell them on face.

I once faced an issue post accidental repair and service, I left a stinker feedback. They had to run around to fix it. And that was the only Maruti dealer in my city at that time and I still go there. Now my work is done to near perfection.

In your case, you should have told them that they're wrong. They should first fix it and then take feedback. If they acted funny after that, you should have given a poor feedback. And also told them that you'll report to Maruti. My suggestion is that you name the dealer here and also send an email to CRM Maruti. Then they'll start behaving.
BoneCollector is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 11:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

The local Arena dealer keeps troubling me with calls for service and I would tell them that my car is 500km away and I will get it serviced the next time I am in town. They started asking repeatedly every other day regarding my travel plans (even my parents have never asked me this).

The best solution is to block the number that calls. After 10-15 calls, all their phone numbers will be blocked and you can have your peace of mind back.

P.S.- This holds useful only if you do not wish to be bothered with spam calls. If you wanted resolution, then the best solution is to ask them to correct their wrongdoings and then they can get their 10/10 rating.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 26th August 2023 at 11:53.
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 12:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Suzuki Ignis 2018. Unfortunately, due to an accident, the car had to be given to a Nexa Service Center for accidental work (along with periodic service).

I started getting multiple calls throughout the data from the Nexa dealer asking why I rated them bad and also what all are my issues. I told them my issues and they were offering a free wash and polish or whatever to make me give them an 'EXCELLENT' rating.
This brings back (not-so-happy)memories! Once a very long time ago being on the other side of this scenario let me tell you , any rating below Excellent meant that you've opened a door to hell for the dealership CRM team.

One thing for sure , Maruti has an excellent feedback and customer support setup which I've not seen at other brands being in the same industry BUT it doesn't mean the dealership is given a licence to hound you for an excellent rating without actually doing work that is upto your satisfaction.

Your mistake was giving in and giving them the rating which they should have actually corrected before hounding you. Trust me when I say this but I have seen a rating war go on for 3 months+ until a customer was satisfied with the work done and it went to regional service director levels . The next time you service , remember to rate only if you're happy with the final work.
richie4u is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 12:54   #7
BHPian

I remember way back when my friend received offers like getting a free wax worth 2k in next service by giving a 5-star rating. Such offers were pretty common back in those days too!
raptor_diwan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 14:55   #8
BHPian

Yes only option is to complain direct through maruti customer care website. Their action is swift and will keep these jokers in their tracks.the dealer bonus is tied to the service rating and that's why you will end up getting pestered for this.

Nowadays I am at the receiving end of a new tactic. Somehow the competitor dealer- in this case popular maruti has got my number and these interns or new sales girls pester me everyday to bring car to service. Ended up blocking the numbers they call from and if by mistake i pick up the phone ( sometimes genuine people also call for various other reasons) I just tell them I don't have any maruti car now and don't call again.

Really gets on your nerves and if someone from maruti reads this , should keep these jokers in their place.

Luckily my tata dealer is the opposite - absolutely no calls,in fact I have to call them to book an appointment! Lucky me!

Last edited by Nanolover : 26th August 2023 at 14:57.
Nanolover is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 15:25   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

You shouldn’t have relented to their pressure. If anything, you could have mentioned that if they keep harassing you, you will downgrade the rating further with a special note about this behaviour.

Now that you have given them an excellent rating, I would suggest not to dwell too much on it, and be better prepared for the next time (if such a situation arises again).

Maruti is pretty strict with their dealers and from personal experience, they don’t really ignore service related complaints (sales related complaints are a different matter). Often times if you provide the dealer a poor feedback on the spot, they will ensure they address your concerns to prevent any escalations later on.
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 10:25   #10
BHPian

This is how King of After Sales Service - behaves if there is any negative feedback. Since you didn't mention the service center name, I would give two examples where their dealers are super powerful apart from automotive fraternity. One is Jayabheri and other is Varun. Even they cannot take any negative feedback. Our Alto is regularly serviced at their centers and rating is minimum 5/5 at any cost. I give either 3 or 4 based on work and billing.

Now if there are too many calls, just speak in a way like a policy broker. As soon as you see them calling, answer and say that you have a term policy worth 2Cr and you would get it in 2 working days after you die. Or I keep telling them to buy health policy worth 10/20L which is very useful in case you fall sick due to work pressure. I know this is not a good practice but to avoid any marketing calls, use counter marketing technique. This is what even I do for credit cards, real estate etc. Of course, we have true caller to alert us before hand too.
Altrozed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 11:05   #11
BHPian

I did experience an issue but a little different in nature. For two months, nexa guys kept telling that they don't have boot door sensor button in stock etc etc.

Finally, I raised a complaint on their website (https://www.nexaexperience.com/contact-complaint). Some seniors from Nexa called back and the job was done in two days. Vehicle was picked from my father's office, got the job done in two hours and delivered back.

Suggest to please raise the complaint here along with evidences you possess for this incident.
mbhalara is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:14   #12
BHPian

Reading this experience I can say my Tata and VWAfter Sales perform much better. Yes they also insist on a 10/10 rating but that rating is never collected before 4-5 days post my visit during which I have already driven around to identify any challenges with their worksmanship and give them right feedback. Central teams call around 10 days post taking delivery so that if there is some negative feedback the service centre team has almost 10 days to resolve the issues locally and eventually both the dealer and customer win in this scenario.

And this is how a typical rating system should work. You cannot blackmail a customer for good rating. Rather you give customer enough time to be ready to mark a genuine rating and take right actions to resolve any negative feedback. I am not sure if Maruti follows this flawed practise across service stations or if it is only for this specific service centre in question.

Last edited by steadfast : 27th August 2023 at 12:20.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:21   #13
BHPian

Back in 2013, I bought a Renault Duster.
When I took it for the first service, the SA told me to get Teflon coating on the car. As I was somewhat interested in Teflon I told him to go ahead, meanwhile, I was waiting in the customer lounge. In between I went to the place where the person was coating my car, and to my surprise, he was using the polish pad whose life was over and that pad was causing swirl marks on the paint of my car rather than giving a glossy finish. I took the polish machine from that guy and gave the service centre people peace of mind.
As they were the only Renault showroom in the city, they thought it was their monopoly. So they always made a high bill by adding unnecessary parts during their service.
Back in 2013, I paid approx 12-15k per service for the Renault Duster.

Nowadays I think Kia is giving the best service to their customers. I am very happy with their transparent working system. They call 3 days after the service and if you tell them about any issues then they make it correct and also give complementary wash again.

Last edited by vattyboy : 27th August 2023 at 12:26.
vattyboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is really sad and disturbing. In today's social media and make believe world, any low rating becomes detrimental to the business and hence they need to have the best possible rating. Even if this means hounding the hapless customer till they are arm twisted into giving a 5 star/ excellent rating.
I would suggest you to write to Maruti Suzuki Head of customer service (should be available on Linkedin) with screenshots of the ordeal and phone calls they were making to you. Also mention in case they disturb your peace once again, you will be compelled to file a case for mental torture and harassment.

I faced a situation, I had taken a loan from Tata capital a few years back and repaid it off. For the past few months, I started getting phone calls from them to take a loan again. I kept putting them off, but on a particular day I got 5 phone calls. I lost it and sent an email to their grievances cell and copied their MD/CEO. I got his name from Linkedin and figured out the format of email ids at Tata capital.
What followed were calls from their CS office apologising and assuring me that I will be taken off their phone call list. They finally gave an ETA to remove my number and I didn't have another call from them again.

Sometimes these steps are needed to stop this nuisance. Please don't hesitate to escalate. Its a question of keeping your sanity and this constant hounding is not something you have signed up for. You should make their lives hell for this.
Old 27th August 2023, 12:53   #15
BHPian

A similar incident of threat/harassment occurred with me at Prem Nexa Agra. It's a new showroom + service centre, however, the parent company is well-established. The Nexa premises are brand new and have the usual teething issues that come with it.
I took my Ciaz for an oil service there. The work was OK until the point of a power cut. There was no functional backup generator. They couldn't lift the cars. Washing stopped. Aircon, wifi, ethernet, billing..everything!

My car had already undergone most of the service before the lights went out. But the billing couldn't be done as there was no power. I kid you not, I and a few others were held hostage on the premises and were not allowed to leave even after wasting 1.5-2 hours loitering around with nobody to own up and take responsibility.

I am a prominent surgeon and my hospital is located right behind the old Nexa which these guys relocated from. They already knew the place and my position in society (not one to run away with a free service). Yet, they refused to let me off for now and to come over with the bill in the evening or whenever the power came back. I was threatened by a service advisor(finger pointing towards the chair) to sit down and wait. His exact words were "baithna toh padega aapko jaane ka sochna nai abhi jab take payment nai denge." I was being inundated with phone calls for OPD patients and surgical cases but they wouldn't let me out. I did have my keys, but without a gate pass, I couldn't drive out of the locked gates.

Ultimately, I had to pay them a "ransom" fee. My estimate in my head was a bill for Rs. 4000. I handed them Rs. 6000 in cash with no receipt and finally one service advisor escorted me through the guarded gates.

Before that, I told them the service manager must visit my hospital with the correct bill and a full cash refund. My payment for the service would then be done by UPI. He did come later and I even made the company manager waive off a few hundred rupees in compensation. However, the trauma of the ordeal didn't vanish with some monetary compensation. I had countless troubles with my patients for being absent. And these guys kept calling from their various offices in Agra for feedback and whatnot. I told them clearly that they messed up pretty badly, which fell on deaf ears. A five-star service rating or Excellent in their company's criteria was essential to be uttered by me and to be recorded by them. I didn't give them anything and hung up after being bothered a couple of times.

A few weeks later, a good chap from Prem Nexa, Mr. Satguru turned up at my hospital with a bouquet of flowers. This was an "apology" from their side, followed by the expected "sir please rate us when the call comes". Surprisingly, a month and a half later, I am yet to be called. Maybe they forged it or gave up on me. I don't know. But this thread made me remember what I went through and so did the original poster!

Last edited by lemedico : 27th August 2023 at 12:57.
lemedico is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks