Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 16:05   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Dealer Stickers

I don't have any stickers on my car. And now my MASS knows it.

Once they used to have pretty strong body stickers which would not come off at all. They put it on my car's hatch. I asked them to remove it. They had to spare a manpower and some thinners to remove it and since then, they never put any on the body or the windshield. However, while removing that sticker, it resulted in small slight scratches. I bashed them left & right for that. However, the hatch was later replaced as a tractor rammed into my stationery car.

Just last week, when it was there, they stuck their strips on the headlamps. I smiled and removed it then & there.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 20:03   #62
BHPian

This practice is still there :(

Ford dealer Akshaya has this habit of putting their long sticker in the rear bumper. A blue and white on a Metallic Red Couldn't remove that ever.

Accessories guy had put his sticker with mobile # in the rear glass without my notice. What do these guys think?!

I asked the Maruti dealer not to put any stickers while buying Ertiga and told him some reason as i couldn't tell him directly that i did not like it. During the first service, they had put it as usual! I went to the cleaning area and asked them to remove it then and there. After coming home I noticed that they have put the round one in headlight!! that at least was a practice earlier to have a black dot to reduce reflection right? so left it to stay as it was not that much visible.
Old 7th January 2014, 08:39   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
This practice is still there
This will go on until you firmly shout on the SA and the manager for sticking stuff on your car.

When I bought the car (Swift ZDi), it had 'Varun' sticker over the 'Maruti Suzuki' monogram but when the car returned from the 1st service it had 'Sai Service' sticker on the very same place. It is nothing but they're way of marketing their brand. I guess the service guys get incentives based on the stickers stuck onto the cars serviced!

I had visited 3M for Paint Sealant Treatment, first thing I did was, got rid of that sticker. Thank god no scratches etc were there.

BEFORE:

Car Dealer Stickers-forumrunner_20140107_083647.png

AFTER:

Car Dealer Stickers-img20131231wa0007.jpg

Anurag.
Old 7th January 2014, 09:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When I bought the car (Swift ZDi), it had 'Varun' sticker over the 'Maruti Suzuki' monogram but when the car returned from the 1st service it had 'Sai Service' sticker on the very same place. It is nothing but they're way of marketing their brand. I guess the service guys get incentives based on the stickers stuck onto the cars serviced!
It is good that they chose a small sticker, the same dealer's sticker in Pune is a huge one and they use to stick on rear glass. The sticker covers almost a corner of the glass.

I don't know how owners are allowing them to do that.
Old 7th January 2014, 09:49   #65
BHPian

I don't like car dealers pasting stickers on the cars. The worst stickers that I have come across are from Akanksha Automobiles (A Maruti dealer from Rudrapur) and Bindal Hyundai (A Hyundai dealer from Rudrapur). These two dealers are located almost next to each other and it seems that they are competing among themselves over the size and shape of that weird sticker.

The worst part is that they will paste it on the boot lid. Akanksha Automobiles has a white and red colour while Bindal Hyundai has blue colour. In both the cases they are tough to remove and if not removed with due care they are bound to leave scratch marks.

I was too tough on both of them and asked them to remove before I take the car back after servicing. They did oblige me.

Now, I have ensured that I make it a point to ask the service advisor to put a note in the job card that the owner has strictly advised against pasting any of their sticker on the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks