Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Now that Cauvery ford is closing, I have this wicked idea
Would it be possible to smuggle out some workshop manuals for ford cars from Cauvery? Since they are moving to a different brand, I dont think they should have any issues.

Is there anyone with good contacts with some service engineers in Cauvery ford? It might be worth a try.

- Jag
Old 24th June 2008, 09:21   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news to all Ford owners.

Cauvery Ford continue to service your cars!! The service section of Cauvery Ford is intact. Only no more sales of Ford vehicles.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Not really!!!
True that Cauvery is still servicing Ford cars in the old body-shop, but it is a temporary setup. Once Lathangi service is up and running fine, they would shut shop.

- Jag
Old 24th June 2008, 13:54   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Not really!!!
True that Cauvery is still servicing Ford cars in the old body-shop, but it is a temporary setup. Once Lathangi service is up and running fine, they would shut shop.

- Jag
I doubt it. My dad attended the opening of the Magnum Honda showroom and he is good friends with one of the partners. He was told that it will continue as a service centre. It wont be a 3S (Sales service and spares) but might continue as a 1S centre.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:30   #50
Team-BHP Support

Nikhil, what about the spares aspect? Would they source their spares for Ford vehicles from Lathangi, or will they ONLY be looking at normal servicing? Even then, does it fall under the authorised service center category, or equivalent to getting it serviced from outside?
Old 24th June 2008, 14:43   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nikhil, what about the spares aspect? Would they source their spares for Ford vehicles from Lathangi, or will they ONLY be looking at normal servicing? Even then, does it fall under the authorised service center category, or equivalent to getting it serviced from outside?
As far as I know, it will still be authorised by Ford.

Spares --- They may stock or they may get it from Metro Ford/Lathangi. I am not too sure about that. Will post as and when I get details.

You might get your info if you call them up yourself. Afterall, you are a customer.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

I had called them up a couple of days ago and this is what they told me, "Once the service in lathangi is up and running, the servicing of ford cars would move there."
There would be some transition phase of a few weeks/months, I am not sure how long.

- Jag

EDIT:-

Just got a SMS from Lathangi
Lathangi Ford is open from 26-06-08
Service enquiry call: 9945328842
sales: 9945328842/40557999

Last edited by Jaguar : 24th June 2008 at 18:28.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Good Infor Jaguar. It will help may of us. Hope the service levels will be better.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:45   #54
Team-BHP Support

I received the same SMS which Jag had received.
Lathangi Ford has a full page advert in today's TOI, with location details as well.
As for customer records, it seems there's been a silent handover from Cauvery to Lathangi.
Old 7th November 2008, 10:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Cauvery Ford continue to service your cars!! The service section of Cauvery Ford is intact. Only no more sales of Ford vehicles.
I just received a SMS from Cauvery Ford on some 15% offer on some services – so they are very much still on with Ford service. Anyone still using their services and how is it now that they do not sell Ford anymore? (But I think they still have Ford dealership in Mangalore?)

BTW, some SMS also came from Lathangi some time back – so they have transferred their database to Lathangi also – else there is no way those guys get my number.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I just received a SMS from Cauvery Ford on some 15% offer on some services – so they are very much still on with Ford service. Anyone still using their services and how is it now that they do not sell Ford anymore? (But I think they still have Ford dealership in Mangalore?)

BTW, some SMS also came from Lathangi some time back – so they have transferred their database to Lathangi also – else there is no way those guys get my number.
I too recieved the SMS. Any idea if it is located in the same place (near Metro)?
Too bad that I went to Metro Ford for last service.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

I missed this post altogether and went to Metro Ford for service. But I did not get service reminders. Instead I got reminders from Lathangi.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:13   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Here is what the SMS reads :

Quote:
Cauvery Motors delighted to offer special labour discount uotp 15% on all Ford cars for painting, tinkering and spot repairs - 10th Nov to 15th Dec 08. Conditions Apply.
There is a mobile number also provided, just in case someone is interested.

Nikhilb, do you have any further details? Is servicing still being done by them?
Old 7th November 2008, 21:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhilb, do you have any further details? Is servicing still being done by them?
Last week when I called them to enquire about the service, they said they still take care of the service, provided the car is not under warranty.
Old 8th November 2008, 15:53   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

As I said earlier, servicing is still being done by them

For cars under warranty, you will have to go Lathangi or Metro though. For older cars (benny ) you can continue to go to Cauvery Ford/Magnum Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks