Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 10:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Smart a--es. They want you to cover up but not mend their ways? Clearly things are still the same as kris posted!
Old 1st July 2008, 10:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
By the way, since the problem has been solved, may be the MODS could edit the title to include that also.
I wouldnt call getting a car of another colur at 10pm in the night, good service. But the owner seems happy with it or is too busy to run after the proper colour. Either way, no real reason to change the title, just cos the salesman is asking.
Old 1st July 2008, 12:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
haha! Tell them the thread gives all the details, including how the rectified the mistake.

PS- If deedi is reading this thread: it would have been a very happy ending if you could have given a new Spark without so many 'visits' by GM people!

By the way, since the problem has been solved, may be the MODS could edit the title to include that also.
Exactly. I have given them the same answer. We are not inclined to any side here. As you all know there were many who were critisizing me/my brother for negligence as a customer too. I have taken those comments in the right spirit as an individual, why dont Deedi being an organisation not taken corrective steps, even after this issue is been reported? They tried to deliver a damaged car to another fellow BHPian. They knew that Kris is a fellow BHPian as he spoke about this issue to them while purchase. That clearly shows that they haven't changed a bit towards quality of service.

Any dealer should understand one thing: Its not the old world where someone come in with a sack full of cash and little knowledge about what he is buying, purchase whatever you give him and live happy with it even if it aint working.

Those generations are gone and now you cant cheat a customer unless he purposefully allow you to do so. In most of the cases no one has complaint about the product as he knows what is he getting for the money. So the decision to deal with a particular dealer is just about the service and the way you treated his friend/relative who was your previous customer. Dealers should pay some attention on what you are selling with your car. What value addition you are giving to the customer for dealing with you. At the same time the Manufacturers should realise that delaers are your ambassadors as they are the only one who is directly dealing with end customers in your business model. So train them to do their job well and enforce the rules to harness them stick to the standards. Then our problems are solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
That would have been in a perfect world! (or atleast where the concerned people had some professionalism in them!)

If not for this thread, I do not think that HotChillyPepper would have got at least the attention he has got now for the issue faced.
Yes. Like politicians they fear about nothing, but the media. Thanks to all Team-Bhpians and Malayala Manorama for the great support.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 1st July 2008 at 12:15.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:54   #64
BANNED

Just went thru this entire thread and I find that its AMAZING what a forum like this can achieve. That too with a membership of only about 23K members - imagine what the power would be with say 10 times the membership, and even that is only a fraction of the number of car/bike owners in this country.
Old 5th July 2008, 20:53   #65
BHPian

Oh dear. It is not looking good for Deedi Motors. You would think that they would be waiting on customers hand and foot and catering to their every whim, due to this thread.
Well, apparently not.

My friend had got a delivery date for the 10 of this month, but now they have pushed that back to the 14th. Apparently he wanted some rare color. And they didnt know that it would delay the delivery!!!

Come on!!! You are not selling a whole bunch of cars daily, like Maruti is. Why cant you contol your inventory and if the specified color is not available, say so in the first place, not after you have taken the booking amount!!!

Last edited by srijit : 5th July 2008 at 20:55.
Old 5th July 2008, 21:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Why cant you contol your inventory and if the specified color is not available, say so in the first place, not after you have taken the booking amount!!!

that's the same thing I told the tata customer relations manager. I faced the same issues. we were told one week, and in the end stretched to one month - each week they'd say next week.... and all this for a white Indica. Who would have guessed
Old 7th July 2008, 12:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Oh dear. It is not looking good for Deedi Motors. You would think that they would be waiting on customers hand and foot and catering to their every whim, due to this thread.
Well, apparently not.

My friend had got a delivery date for the 10 of this month, but now they have pushed that back to the 14th. Apparently he wanted some rare color. And they didnt know that it would delay the delivery!!!

Come on!!! You are not selling a whole bunch of cars daily, like Maruti is. Why cant you contol your inventory and if the specified color is not available, say so in the first place, not after you have taken the booking amount!!!
Here any of the GM dealers can't say its due to lack of information since I personally know how good GM inventory systems are maintained. The SAP backborn linked to an appilcation at Dealership terminal can track each and every car passed QC from factory, including Color, Config(if any custom Config for that model), Loaded in truck or not, Last reported truck position etc. Every minute details is available on a single click, still they will hide the information from a valuable customer and put them in trouble.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

nice attitude shown by the dealer - I am driving down to tvm next week, i am thinking i will walk in - talk about buying a car and then rubbing it on by saying are nt you those guys on the net who cheated someone.. LOL..

hope thats not a problem to you HCP...
Old 7th July 2008, 16:44   #69
BHPian

Santosh, dont do that. You might be un-necessarily hurting the wrong person and also bringing TBHP down to their level.
Dont stoop to their level. Please.
Old 7th July 2008, 20:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Santosh, dont do that. You might be un-necessarily hurting the wrong person and also bringing TBHP down to their level.
Dont stoop to their level. Please.
I agree with Srijit. Lets dont provoke anyone just for the sake of it... Anyone who treated their customer like S**t, they have come down to nothing in no time. That is the World history till today.
Let them take their own time to learn that lesson and if still they are in business, I will buy my next vehicle from them

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 7th July 2008 at 20:49.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

i am ok with it. happy to know about your good intentions...pity such a ill treatment meted out to people like you...
Old 11th July 2008, 15:01   #72
BHPian

GM listens to customer emails

My friend was told that his Aveo would get delayed even further due to his 'exotic' color choice.
So he sent an email to GM, quoted below
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Aveo customer
I booked a Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition car in blazing red colour on June 28th at Deedi Motors, Trivandrum, Kerala. Now the dealer is telling me GM isn't supplying him with blazing red Aveo any soon. Is this true?

And the one thing that amazes me is, while the best car companies in business all have dealer linked networks with high end ERPs like SAP, allowing dealers to check and track their inventory regarding the availability and shipment of a specific car, here is a dealer who says he doesn't know when the car I ordered is going to arrive. The dealer must have been able to tell me this at the time of booking itself (he did hint but promised to deliver in 15 days tops). But that didn't happen. I thought General Motors is a multinational corporation and would control and structure the manufacture and distribution in a more technology-assisted way. But the ignorance shown by the dealer here doesn't place you anywhere higher than a second hand spare parts manufacturer.

When you are spending like 7.5 lakhs on a car, the last thing you need is getting stuck with the wrong colour for the next 6-7 years. But does that mean the customer must go on a "color hunt" all over the state across your dealers?
GM got back to him the next morning, but unfortunately he still wont get the car in the promised time. However they told him that he would get it quicker than what was promised the second time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks