Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 20:36   #31
BHPian

Dealerships earn out of after-sales service rather than new vehicle sales. The manufacturer too would not be of much help when it comes to bringing these prices to their notice, as this is the only means for the dealer to earn back his hefty deposits he would have parked with them (manufacturer).
What's more, you cannot purchase a genuine spare part yourself from a Maruti dealer, leaving you with little choice but to get it serviced from them. Be it even a simple D-I-Y type, like a fused bulb!
Old 15th October 2008, 21:22   #32
BHPian

Speaking of Honda dealers, what's happened to Ichibaan Honda's showrooms in Mumbai? I drove past the Worli showroom last week hoping to see the new City, and I find the whole showroom is gone, and I believe the VW showroom next door is now expanding into what used to be the Honda space.

Same story at Lower Parel when I drove past this morning. Ichibaan Honda is gone, and there's a Passat staring out of the glass windows looking very satisfied with itself. Did it eat up all the Hondas?
Old 16th October 2008, 00:32   #33
BHPian

The Worli showroom was Arya Honda and it has shifted to the place where Shaman Ford was situated in Prabhadevi and Shaman Ford has shifted to where Shaman Fiat was situated.Shaman has stopped dealing with Tata And Fiat.
Old 16th October 2008, 01:01   #34
BHPian

Guys,
The moral of the story is: You have paid atleast a damn 1000 RS extra for that Mobile with Video recording. Make use of it. Record the situation and keep it with you. Will come in handy when defamation suit calls for hearing. I think this will only happen in India.
Old 16th October 2008, 01:23   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

That is bad.

After the 40-minute wait I would have been angry. After a further thirty minute wait I'd have been shouting --- either in the boss's office, or, even better, in the showroom where it embarrasses them. I did this in one showroom and was invited into the manager's office; I declined the invitation.

And your waiting was just the start. How you kept any cool at all I can't tell; your self control must be huge!
Old 16th October 2008, 11:18   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Speaking of Honda dealers, what's happened to Ichibaan Honda's showrooms in Mumbai? I drove past the Worli showroom last week hoping to see the new City, and I find the whole showroom is gone, and I believe the VW showroom next door is now expanding into what used to be the Honda space.

Same story at Lower Parel when I drove past this morning. Ichibaan Honda is gone, and there's a Passat staring out of the glass windows looking very satisfied with itself. Did it eat up all the Hondas?
Look up this thread.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:12   #37
BHPian

Good Experience with Magnum Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Why dont you try MAgnum Honda? I have no experience with them, but I assume it will be good as they had a decent enough reputation as Cauvery Ford.
Magnum service was excellent.
I just got the alloy wheel deal for the city. 5 Alloys costed me 14300 including everything. Funny thing was Whitefield quoted me 19k and Dakshin quoted me 16K for the same.

Magnum quoted me 15k when I called, and I was ready for it. The bill gave a pleasant surprise.

When I gave the car for wheel change, I had asked for a touch-up of a big scratch on bumper. He forgot to add it to jobcard, i forgot to check, so that was not done when I went in the evening to pick up the car.
When I brought it to the adviser's notice, he apologized and quickly checked whether the painter is still available and got the touch-up done in less than 5 minutes.

They are giving excellent services. Prompt calls, no waiting.
Hope they dont catch up with Dakshin.
Old 16th October 2008, 20:44   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
Magnum service was excellent.
I just got the alloy wheel deal for the city. 5 Alloys costed me 14300 including everything. Funny thing was Whitefield quoted me 19k and Dakshin quoted me 16K for the same.

Magnum quoted me 15k when I called, and I was ready for it. The bill gave a pleasant surprise.

When I gave the car for wheel change, I had asked for a touch-up of a big scratch on bumper. He forgot to add it to jobcard, i forgot to check, so that was not done when I went in the evening to pick up the car.
When I brought it to the adviser's notice, he apologized and quickly checked whether the painter is still available and got the touch-up done in less than 5 minutes.

They are giving excellent services. Prompt calls, no waiting.
Hope they dont catch up with Dakshin.
I dont think it will go so low as Dakshin. If it does, drop me a PM. I know whom to contact and that will get some heads rolling
Old 17th October 2008, 12:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

i dont understand how different dealers are charging different labor charges if they are honda authorised ones.
in pune all maruti service centers charge the same. there is no discrimination whatsoever.
maruti has strictly monitored these charges and ensured that they are the same everywhere
Old 19th October 2008, 12:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Recently when I took delivery of my alloy wheel from Dakshin, they had asked me if I wanted to get it fitted. They told me it'll be 8500 all inclusive. I decided to take only the alloy and get it fitted from outside. Alloy costs -6995 inclusive of all taxes. Fixing costs Rs 50 from a Good year showroom. Saved Rs1500/- Scary isn't it.

Another issue, I had given the car for 15K service and it came back with a knocking noise. I went back there and they said its normal and to drive around. I contacted Honda and made a fuss, finally they called me to get the car there, took a week along with some Honda technicians from Chennai. Finally found the problem to be having a 2006 model belt for power steering on a 2007 model of mine. Under warranty they replace and delivered the car. Though the episode was trying on me, they did not charge me anything and did any stunts like stealing...
Old 19th October 2008, 13:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Something Same about Ring Road Honda Peeragarhi

Last year in November, I had a similar experience and I sent the following letter to Honda-SIEL which is self explanatory.

After that, Ring Road Honda Executive Came and took the car, returned it in the evening with an invoice (zero-value being in warranty)which mentioned that they have replaced my Front-Right Shocker which was perfectly fine before giving them for service. The invoice is with me as a proof.

" November 17, 2007

Fax No. 95-120-2341261

Mr. Masahiro Takadegawa - President & CEO
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.
Plot No. A-1, Sector 40/ 41, Surajpur-Kasna Road
Greater Noida Industrial Development Area
U.P. 201 306

I gave my Honda Civic for servicing on 16th November, 2007 at Ring Road Honda, Peera Garhi. I was assured that I will get it back by 5:00PM but when I called up the supervisor (Mr. Shashank) at 4:00PM, he told me that I’ll get the car at 6:00PM. I reached there at 6:00 but the car came out only at 6:45 PM.

When I took the car, it was quite dark outside and it was not possible for me to check what they have done and what they have left. I took the car with hundreds of mosquitoes in the car and left.

After coming out of the workshop, I realized that the steering is making a strange sound (drrrrrrrrrrrrr) and vibration if rotated either way. But it was late so, I left it for the next day. I had no problems with the steering before giving the car for servicing so I did not even mention any steering related problem while giving the car for servicing. So, nothing about steering was mentioned in the job card.

Today (17-11-2007), I called Mr. Shashank but his phone was off all the time. I reached at the workshop where I was told that today was his weekly off. Anyways, I contacted the Mr. Chauhan, Service in-charge, firstly, he rudely said that I will have to wait for a couple of hours because he was alone to handle many customers but when I spoke louder and said it is not my problem if he was alone why there were not 10 people to handle so many customers. I told him that I am leaving and be ready to give explanation to the owner of the workshop Mr. Rajeev Jain and Mr. Yadur Kapur because I am going to send a strong complaint to Honda SIEL, Greater Noida and the whole matter will be investigated.

Then Mr. Chauhan said that he will get the problem fixed in 15-20 minutes. It was 12:25PM at that time, I told him that you have 35 minutes and I want my car back by 1:00 PM because I had a meeting in my office in Rohini at 1:30PM. He assured me that it will be done even before that.

He called a mechanic and asked him to see the car. The mechanic acknowledged the problem and said “Ye to puri gaadi hi hil rahi steering ghumate hi”. He explained the problem to Mr. Chauhan.

Mr. Chauhan called Mr. Tuli (don’t know his designation) and Mr. Tuli sent Mr. Rajesh to see what is the problem. Mr. Rajesh saw the problem which is quite easily audible and the vibration could be very easily felt even by a novice but he wanted a test drive. So after the test drive, he said that there is no problem. I asked him for how many years he is working in Ring Road Honda, he said 3 years and I told him that he has wasted his 3 years if can not see/listen/feel this problem. He did not learn anything in last 3 years. He told me let us see some other Civic and he said “Hum Bhi Kuchh Seekh lenge aapse”. So he took me to another Civic and as I thought there was no problem like that. Then I asked him if he could see any difference, now with heavy heart he said, kuchh difference to hai, then I asked “Kuchh seekha ya nahi” so he could not say a word just acknowledged by shaking his head.

He told Mr. Tuli / Mr. Chauhan to open a job card. It was already 1:00PM. They took my car inside without opening a job card. Then Mr. Chauhan said that it was lunch time (1:00 PM to 1:30 PM) and Mr. Mishra will open a job card soon after lunch but nobody came and at 1:30PM, Mr. Chauhan also got disappeared, I was told that he has gone for lunch. He came back at 2:00 PM. So from 1:00PM to 2:00PM, nobody even touched the car and when I saw Mr. Chauhan at 2:00PM, I said that I want my car back right now repaired or not- repaired, called up someone and said that Mr. Rajesh is getting my car back from the first floor.

Then Mr. Rajesh said that he has to get the car washed, I told him and Mr. Chauhan that I don’t have time for this but Mr. Rajesh whispered something in Mr. Chauhan’s ear and they took it for a wash. They got a wash done above the front right tyre, god knows why they insisted on washing that portion of the car. In the whole process I got my car at 3:00PM.

I thought they might have replaced a part of my car with other car (owner of the other car might have bribed to do so) and now I raised the problem, so they fixed the problem. But, THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.

It seems that these workshop people deliberately call people late in the evening for car delivery so that the customers cannot see the problems and many of us avoid going to the workshop again if the problems are minor and manageable.

During my stay of two and a half hours, I saw many customers who were shouting at them that they were not giving the car on time. Some of them were even told last night that the car was ready but they refused to take the delivery in the dark and when they came today, they were told that the car was not ready and they were waiting since morning to get their cars.

To handle all the problems, they have taken a positive step. The have appointed a good looking female as customer relation manager, who one by one listens to all customers’ problems, apologizes and assures them better services next time. Good step, keeping human psychology in mind that most of them cannot shout on a good looking female.

Now, I know after my complaint, someone from Honda will apologize and ask me to come to the workshop. I will have to remove valuables from the car (3-4 large carry bags including my CDs, sunglasses, night anti-glare glasses, papers, some files, god’s idol, umbrella, mobile charger, FM transmitter, Bluetooth handsfree, water bottle, etc. etc.) and I live on the 2nd floor so unnecessary exercise.

I really don’t have another day to waste on this problem which never was. What the crap, the person buying a Civic will not be used to sit in a workshop for many hours every alternate day as if he had bought a second hand Maruti-800.

I am really fed-up with the third class service of Honda and if one more incidence like this happens, I will request media to come (few of them are good friends) and burn MY car in front of your showroom so that million of people will know that how irritating it can be to own a HONDA car. And don’t worry about my loss of 1.2-1.3 million rupees, I can afford that. Don’t worry; I will not accept any sponsorship of the event which is bound to be offered by some of your competitors.

Regards,

Mukesh Goel
Car No. DL4CABXXXX (CIVIC 1.8S AT)
Phone: 098-734-XXXXX, Email:

Copy to:
1. Mr. Rajeev Jain, Ring Road Honda (Fax No. 011-45540050)
2. Mr. Yadur Kapur (yadurkapur@rrhonda.com)
3. The Hindustan Times (mycrib@hindustantimes.com)
4. CNBC-Awaaz (aapkiawaaz@moneycontrol.com)
6. Consumer Voice (cvoice@vsnl.net )
7. Autocar India (editorial@autocarindia.com)
8. NDTV (cnb@ndtv.com. feedback@ndtv.com)
9. ZEE Business Wheelocity (response@zeenetwork.com)"
Old 19th October 2008, 17:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Last year in November, I had a similar experience and I sent the following letter to Honda-SIEL which is self explanatory.
You marked that letter to quite a few media companies but I never saw that letter printed anywhere, not even in ACI and HT. Is it possible that these companies are in the 'good books' of Honda and therefore just put this issue into the backburner?

So many Honda owners are having harrowing time with Honda dealers, still the company's sales are zooming. Why is it that poor service from GM, Ford, Fiat is not accepted but similar service from Honda is accepted?

The Civic is my favourite entry level luxury car. I was dreaming of owning the Civic in a couple of years but after reading all this, I am having second thoughts.
Old 19th October 2008, 17:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

It all depends on which dealer you end up with.

While all this bad news is disappointing, you also have to consider the number of cars sold when looking at the number of complaints. A ratio of sorts.

Peninsular, the only Honda dealer at TVM tried to sell off a repainted car to someone. Yet, I don't have a single complaint with them. After his experience owning a PAL Padmini back in the day, my dad is ecstatic about Honda's courteousness and promptness and such.

Re : the missing articles in the media, one has to really push them about it or know someone on the inside. Nobody publishes a story for the people - they publish it if its sensational and gives them circulation and ad money. As seen in the Gamespot/Gertsmann/Assassin's Creed fiasco in the video game journalism field recently, media firms do not like to antagonize the people who advertise with them.

I'm a pessimist - I expect Peninsular to screw something up badly in the future. But I'm confident in the connections we have to make life hell for them if they do.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:22   #44
BHPian

I had forwarded this thread to one of our internal mail alias and it had definetly hepled people .
Copying the email thread below and we should forward it all the folks and blacklist this dealer .
This email ids have been removed .
Thanks Sandeep – I followed the conversation on Dakshin & decided to go to Magnum instead.
Robin
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:41 PM
To: Robin Jose
Subject: RE: Dakshin Honda Service

Also the below link talks about their service and also the charges when compared to Whitefield Honda.

"When I spoke to My Insurance company, the surveyor told me that the Labour charges of Dakshin Honda is much higher than those of the other dealer in Bangalore, Whitefield Honda."

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:38 PM
To: Robin Jose
This is not my experience, This was a problem faced by one of the TBHPian members for his Honda car .

If you are looking at how far it is authentic, I can definitely tell you that it is a true story.

Thanks
Sandeep

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:28 PM
To: Sandeep Joseph
Sandeep,
Sorry I am pinging you directly – but is this your first hand experience? I am on the verge on buying a new Model City – and I am really concerned by this.
Thanks,
Robin
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:01 PM

Subject: Dakshin Honda Service

This is helpful for folks who give their vehicle for service in Daskhin honda .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...pare-tire.html

Note from Mods: PLEASE DO NOT USE FONT AND COLOR TAGS. Create post in the text box provided
Old 21st October 2008, 23:58   #45
BHPian

After reading these thread I understood that we are just paying a premium price for HONDA new/used car. Many time we blame A-S-S of many company and bring down the resell value or dont opt a car from that comp at all.
Ford-Honda-Chevvy-Fiat all are more or less same in their A-S-S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks