Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 12:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

wow, nice, saw the pics and footage on TV.

BHPians in Mumbai, please share pics and details along with pricing whenver you visit.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:02   #47
BHPian

190 exclusive images from the JLR launch function

Tata Motors acquired JLR some time back but only today did they formally introduce the JLR brand in India at a lavish brunch event at The President.
The function was presided over by the chairman of Tata Sons and Tata Motors Mr Ratan Tata, Mr Ravi Kant Vice Chairman Tata Motors, Mr P.M.Telang MD Tata Motors, Mr David Smith CEO Jaguar Land Rover, Mr Phil Popham MD Land Rover, Mr Mike O Dricoll MD Jaguar and Mr Ravi Dube President Passenger Cars Tata Motors.

The event was attended by a large number of people, every big media company had its representative there.

Mr Tata expressed his pleasure of welcoming JLR in India, that too as an Indian brand. An exclusive outlet for the brands has also been inaugurated by Mr Tata at Ceejay House, Mumbai.

The event really shifted into top gear once the A/V presentations on the companies were screened. This was followed by the introductions of the XF, XJ and XK from Jaguar and Freelander 2, Defender, Discovery 3 and Range Rover and Range Rover Sports models from Land Rover.

An exclusive outlet for the brand was innugrated by Mr Tata at Ceejay House Mumbai, JLR is working on more of a brand building exercise rather than setting and breaking sales targets which he stated clearly during the Q/A session.

Incidentally, Mr.Ratan Tata himself arrived at the launch event driving a Land Rover Freelander 2 which looked splendid with red colored leather seats (Pics of the same on the slide show, Vehicle registration number MH 01 AK 2000)

Get this - The R&D of JLR could be done by the Indian team of engineers who deal with the Tata cars currently.

190 Images, Details and Press Release - Jaguar Land Rover in India | Indian Autos blog
Old 29th June 2009, 13:16   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun83 View Post
cab some one give the model and price details available in india
Checkout the models in India - Jaguar India - Jaguar Cars - Home and Land Rover - India :: Home . Unfortunately official prices are not there.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:21   #49
BHPian

Many will wait for the Disco 4. Hope the Defende 90, 110 & 130 too in.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Here is the JLR advert from today's TOI

Tata's Jaguar-Landrover Showroom to be opened in Mumbai, Worli. EDIT : Now OPEN-jlr.jpg
Old 29th June 2009, 13:55   #51
BANNED

Land Rover - India :: Home

NO DEFENDER ON SALE.... why not TATA?

The only aspirational vehicle for a person like me. I might have to break the bank for one, but atleast i have a motive.

Launch the Defender too.

TATA you listening?
Old 29th June 2009, 14:50   #52
BHPian

time for a drive on the Bandra-Worli sea link to check out the showroom
Old 29th June 2009, 16:11   #53
BHPian

Tata please launch Land Rover Defender !!!!!
India wants it, an Indian Premier Off-Roader !!!
Old 29th June 2009, 21:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Yea! saw the add in today's newspaper!

The XK looks awesome!! - Jaguar India - Jaguar Cars - XK - Highlights - Introduction

I just hope its priced right!
Old 29th June 2009, 21:39   #55
BHPian

The update about Jaguar Mk VII on display @ Show Room:
BMU 8008, Jaguar Mk VII will be there on a display Thursday onwards as the repainting work & some minor repairing works are getting done @ Team Motor Works.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Tata has officially launched Jaguar and Land Rover in India. The showroom is now open! There's a silver XF and a Range Rover on display. Some prices that were flashing on TV are:
Range Rover- Rs. 63L to 89L
Jaguar XKR- Rs.92L

Jaguar range is priced too high. Just my 2 cents.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:25   #57
BHPian

Do we have any clue on the individual model wise prices. From the looks of it, there seems to be a large premium the cars command over competition.

Talk about premium on India owned cars
Old 30th June 2009, 01:18   #58
BHPian

Why such a big premium

Been doing some research and found out that the V6 diesel XF is about 33,000 pounds in the UK. That works out to about Rs27 lakh. Can somebody please tell me why, when the CBU duty is a 104 per cent, does it cost Rs63 lakh? Shouldn't it be in the 50 lakh range, and why is Tata pricing Jaguar out of the league of BMW, Mercedes and Audi (I mean the 5 series, E class and the A6)? Don't they compete in the same league in other markets?
Old 30th June 2009, 01:27   #59
BHPian

Jags look over-priced - unless there is some genuine math to those high prices!
Old 30th June 2009, 02:20   #60
BHPian

Showroom's right next to my house.

But in regards to your post, the exorbitant pricing doesn't stop there. That entire segment is ridiculously overpriced. Come to think of it, MOST indian segments are completely out of sync with global pricing.
I mean... 11 lakhs for a Civic?? The damn thing is $13,000 in the states if you get yourself a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Been doing some research and found out that the V6 diesel XF is about 33,000 pounds in the UK. That works out to about Rs27 lakh. Can somebody please tell me why, when the CBU duty is a 104 per cent, does it cost Rs63 lakh? Shouldn't it be in the 50 lakh range, and why is Tata pricing Jaguar out of the league of BMW, Mercedes and Audi (I mean the 5 series, E class and the A6)? Don't they compete in the same league in other markets?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks