Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Automax Honda delivered us July 2008 Accord in Jan 2009. EDIT : Getting a replacement

Dear all..

We just bought a new honda accord from Automax Honda. Its a new dealership and we took the delivery on the 4th of January 2009.

To our surprise at the very last moment we got to know that the car was manufactured in July 2008. We still took the delivery reluctantantly.

My Dad went for a long drive (chauffer driven) and came back complaining something like wheel bearing noise.

My dad thinks this car is old and the dealer and has given him a test drive car or something.

What way can we can get to know if this car is new and came from the Honda factory just a few days before we purchased it ?
Old 7th January 2009, 14:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread belongs to Indian Car Dealerships - Team-BHP.

Now have you adhered to Predelivery inspection list ?
Its quite tough now to get a new car.
Now you can go back to dealer and ask for more details on this issue. I am sure they wont give real answer, but an attempt must be made.
Any other serious issues ?
Write to Honda about this.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

You really should have taken the PDI list along and confirmed the manufacturing date before taking delivery. You can try arguing with the dealership, but I have very little faith in Honda dealers.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:22   #4
BHPian

write to honda immediately , i had posted a query once and they replied immediately.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

When was the new Honda Accord launched in India? Sometime in June 2008? So its its a July model then it means the stock is pretty old? Could be a bad lemon??

I don't think it got shipped from the Factory just about now, especially a July manufactured one. Should be the dealer trying to push off some old stock.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:31   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now that you have taken delivery, there is little that can be done. However, you have definitely gotten old stock; I hope it's not been used for test-drives. The Accords demand / supply are pretty well-matched hence, it is out of the ordinary for a July '08 car to be delivered in Jan '09.

What's done is done. Ensure that you take the 4 year extended warranty package.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:37   #7
BANNED

Usually you would have got Nov/Dec manufactured car in Jan. How much was done on odo? If you had found any foul play, you could have refused taking delivery of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
We just bought a new honda accord from Automax Honda. Its a new dealership and we took the delivery on the 4th of January 2009.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:44   #8
BHPian

How new is this dealership?
Old 7th January 2009, 17:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
How new is this dealership?
Somewhere in July '08. It has been mentioned in one of the thread too

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-service.html
Old 7th January 2009, 18:07   #10
BHPian

ot:i think automax honda is a new dealer(comparatively wrt to others).not sure but is this the same group which owned samara hyundai/ford?
Old 7th January 2009, 18:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Dear all..

To our surprise at the very last moment we got to know that the car was manufactured in July 2008. We still took the delivery reluctantantly.
Just curious. How did you get to know of the manufactured date? While buying Tata cars, no where would they mention the manufacturing date of the car, not even the invoice, you need to decode it from the Chassis number. Did the dealership tell you proactively that it is a July '08 car or did you ask them just before taking the delivery?
Old 7th January 2009, 18:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. I am seeing that complaints against Honda dealership are increasing steadily
Old 7th January 2009, 18:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Just curious. How did you get to know of the manufactured date? While buying Tata cars, no where would they mention the manufacturing date of the car, not even the invoice, you need to decode it from the Chassis number. Did the dealership tell you proactively that it is a July '08 car or did you ask them just before taking the delivery?
In Honda at least for my NHC it is mentioned under the hood. Just opne the bonet and there is sheet on center on front body, which says Manufactured Month and Year.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
On a Civic, there's a nice little plaque on the front passenger door jamb which has a bunch of punched info including manufacturing date.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:40   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
write to honda immediately , i had posted a query once and they replied immediately.
Sid, was that a query or a complaint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Interesting. I am seeing that complaints against Honda dealership are increasing steadily
They sure have been making all efforts in making up for time lost.

Manyu, see if you can clarify without a doubt that this was indeed an old stock car which was passed on to you. As others have mentioned, there doesnt really seem to be a lot of hope in you getting a new car, as even Honda India themselves arent exactly the most cordial when it comes to addressing customer complaints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks