Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 22:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

I have not paid too much attention to this aspect; but in Cochin:-

1. Indus (Maruti) has a good parking lot for their "for sale" cars. (curiously, it is just near the Sai dealership). I believe that popular's (if it is the one at Elamakkara) and Sai's (if it is one near Indus' stockyard at Edappally) stock yard too is well paved. No clue about AVG.

2. Koyenco had a good fully paved parking lot for their stock cars (not sure if they had a mud yard elsewhere). I was allowed into this space at the enquiry stage itself. They moved from Tata cars to VW now. There is a Tata truck / heavy vehicle stock yard opposite RF Motors; but does RF have a stock yard away from the dealership?

3. Toyota has a fantastic parking lot (everything can be seen from a bridge). Ditto for GM.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:53   #47
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City's parked in Panvel :
Attached Thumbnails
Dealer godowns, is it the same horror story everywhere?-city.jpg  

Old 26th April 2009, 23:49   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

fortunately I've had a better experience in buying both my cars, the santro in 2002 and the i10 last year. The former was bought just as it was being unloaded off the truck at the dealer. I even went to the RTO along with them. (the dealer stores his cars in the showroom only, though the ones that were already there were dirty like anything). During the i10 experience, dealer was getting the new to be car stockyard paved so all his cars were inside the showroom underground parking for the past 2 weeks and my car had arrived only 2 days back. But, if you ever see the car being unloaded off the truck, then also they are pretty dirt alright.
You've got to see the condition in which dealers here store cars now. Prestige honda keeps cars on the roof. Yep, the roof. And only thing covering the car are bird crap and an inch of a layer of dust. Even accords!

bharti22shresth
Old 27th April 2009, 01:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Talking about the Marutis here, and about the Berkeleys' showroom (panchkula) alone, they do store the cars under a shed, and although they do have a layer of dust over them, its not as horrible (just because of the shed) and the only cars which are so much covered with dust that one may not even tell the colour of the cars, are those which had been there for around more than a couple of weeks. Do not know about the other dealers though.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Talking about the Marutis here, and about the Berkeleys' showroom (panchkula) alone, they do store the cars under a shed, and although they do have a layer of dust over them, its not as horrible (just because of the shed) and the only cars which are so much covered with dust that one may not even tell the colour of the cars, are those which had been there for around more than a couple of weeks. Do not know about the other dealers though.
GM cars are mostly cleaned. Specially Aveo's and Optra's. They store them inside and clean them. Sparky and Tavera's might be dirty but not with layers of dust.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

I remember my car being parked in the parking lot of a near by shop. Wasan Motors (Chembur) used to park their cars all along the sidewalk / footpath where people walking by play with their mirrors, scratch the body, sit on them. They kept a security guard who did nothing.
Old 24th May 2009, 13:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Went to "Automotives" - Hyd Mahindra dealer's workshop on the NH7. They are dealers for Audi and VW and this is how Audi's are stored under shade.
Dealer godowns, is it the same horror story everywhere?-img00009.jpg

Definitely commendable.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:27   #53
Team-BHP Support

Nothing commendable on part of the dealer. If you look carefully, the dealer is just putting whatever comes from the manufacturer. The Xylo comes bare, and the Audi comes gift wrapped.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

If you look at the Passats parked in VW's office on Baner road in Pune, you'll probably vomit. Last time I checked, all cars had nice dark layer of mud and dust. If the VW office does not bother maintaining their cars, imagine the situation with the dealers.

Last edited by spadival : 24th May 2009 at 14:51.
Old 24th May 2009, 21:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nothing commendable on part of the dealer. If you look carefully, the dealer is just putting whatever comes from the manufacturer. The Xylo comes bare, and the Audi comes gift wrapped.
Commendable because dealer is putting a roof over the head of the cars whether gift wrapped or not.
Old 24th May 2009, 22:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Pratham on Sarjapur ORR has the trailer pull right up into its service lane and then they have a multi-story parking. Nothing in open area. Dust of course is everywhere and not to mention the Tokyo Drift wannabe parking/service attendants ripping the babies.
Old 25th May 2009, 00:57   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Commendable because dealer is putting a roof over the head of the cars whether gift wrapped or not.
oh thats the godown itself. In that case its indeed commendable. Almost all dealers I have seen park in open!
Old 28th May 2009, 11:44   #58
BHPian

what do you expect car dealers to do? wash each of the 100 or 1000 (depending on the dealer/brand/size etc) cars daily?

washing a load of dust often likely will cause more scratches than leaving it alone and giving it a full cleanup at the time of delivery. besides how much of water would one need daily to keep a few hundred cars clean on a daily basis!!

of course none of us would like to see new cars that we or our friends may buy, caked in dust. but we must also understand that its practically impossible to keep hundreds of cars clean on a daily basis. as long as the new car is nice and clean i guess its no problem.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:48   #59
Team-BHP Support

No, I do not expect dealers to wash the cars, just provide a basic tin roof and a paved lot
Old 28th May 2009, 11:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No, I do not expect dealers to wash the cars, just provide a basic tin roof and a paved lot
yeah. but at the end of the day its economics my friend. a basic tin roof to cover a plot that can hold a few hundred cars will cost several 10s of lakhs. and that will mean that the cars will cost more. now, you may be willing to pay a little more for your car but may not be all.

anyway. i guess all (you, me, dealers, manufacturers etc.) have our points of view on this and that's what this forum is all about. am sure that the manufacturers know fully well that the cars are stored this way and they raise no objection as long as, like i said, that new car is delivered nice and clean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks