Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 01:52   #76

Interestingly, today I walked into 5 showrooms (I had off from my office which I rarely do... ). I was planning to buy a CR-V before I even entered the showroom but I have read the Team BHP forum to know how the service centers of Ring Road Honda really are.

Anyways, I just went ahead and I wanted to see the car. Lo and behold, I saw the car. The 2 L version. Right in front of us.

The sales guy came over, and started his pitch with the prices (HAHAHA, I am a marketing executive, but he should know the basic principles of sales, right?)

Then, in a few minutes mom got restless and asked him outright if he was going to show the car and the features?

Well, here's what he said. "This is not the car you are looking for. This is a MT 2.0L CR-V, and we do not have the car you want".

Walked out from there... End of the story! But he ain't getting a sale... Something that he had already gotten. I had walked in with my checkbook in my bag. had we gone for a TD (I have already driven CR-V many times... Three friends already have it), he would have gotten the sale.

The outcome is the both of us lost. I didn't get what I wanted... CR-V, and he didn't get what he should have wanted... the sale!

-Roger

-Roger
Old 11th April 2009, 21:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

Resolved !! With a couple of hitches though...

In the interim, a lady from Arya Honda called me up to ask if I was satisfied with my experience, and I was like "What experience?" and asked her what has happened about the Accord V6 TD. She flatly said she doesn't have a V6 for TD !! ...and went on to say they've never had a TD vehicle for the V6.LOL. I asked her if she knows my case history. She didn't seem to know about a thing and I asked her to speak with Mr. Girish, the gentleman from Honda who had called to resolve the issue. A couple of minutes later I got a call from her with her apologies and that "The TD vehicle is only being arranged for you, Sir!" I was like whatever and hung up since it was obvious she didn't know jack of what she was saying.

Anyway, the issue now stands resolved. Mr. Girish offered to send me a 2.4 Accord to pick me up and take me to the shorwoom, then take a TD of the V6 and have me dropped back home in the 2.4 Accord. Since I'd already wasted my time travelling to the showroom twice, I thanked him for his offer but politely declined saying I'd rather have the V6 sent over in the first place (avoids gross wstage of fuel as well, but I had other plans to follow). He asked for my permission to check with his manager and sure enough confirmed the TD a minute later over the phone.

One hitch while taking the TD was a form which I was asked to sign, which stated they are not responsible for harm caused to my health as a result of the TD, and also that I AM FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO THE VEHICLE DURING THE TD !! I called up Mr. Girish immediately and despite his repeated requests and guarantees, I refused to sign the form and ended the issue by saying I'll only sign the form after the TD. To quote him, "Sir I absolutely promise you that I will not take ANY mney from you for any damage Sir, please it is only a formality, you please bang the car Sir, I am telling you na you please bang the car Sir !!"

Anyway, after the TD I signed the form and wrote the odo reading and the resistration on the form and clearly stated that no damage was caused to the car during the interval of my TD. I also had the sales rep sign it with date.

So, the issue stands resolved. Thanks for the support, team-bhp !!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th April 2009 at 21:18. Reason: ...
Old 11th April 2009, 21:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Umm, so yes, Honda let you TD it.

HOW WAS IT DAMMIT?!?
Old 11th April 2009, 23:50   #79
BANNED

monkeys. that's all they are. I went out hunting for my first car. it was a used vRS. it was a bad experience. I wasn't insulted or anything but the transaction was not exactly what you'd call 'warm'.
it seems to be the mentality here. unless you are a big freaking famous superstar, nobody gives a damn about you; even if that's what they're paid to do.
anyway, it was nice I didn't end up with the vRS. I now have a kickass OHC that I bought dead cheap and modified exactly to my liking for a fraction of what I'd have paid for the vRS. she eats up 2.4 Accords, Lauras and vRSs without even breaking a sweat. guess everything that happens happens for good.
however, the point is that I've decided never ever to put myself in a situation where I ask them and they give me. four wheels and a steering - no matter how exotic or expensive - are NOT worth one's dignity. in fact, nothing is. as Navinji said, make the showroom come to you. if they don't, it's their loss.
Old 12th April 2009, 00:15   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
One hitch while taking the TD was a form which I was asked to sign, which stated they are not responsible for harm caused to my health as a result of the TD, and also that I AM FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO THE VEHICLE DURING THE TD !! I called up Mr. Girish immediately and despite his repeated requests and guarantees, I refused to sign the form and ended the issue by saying I'll only sign the form after the TD. To quote him, "Sir I absolutely promise you that I will not take ANY mney from you for any damage Sir, please it is only a formality, you please bang the car Sir, I am telling you na you please bang the car Sir !!"
I'd expect them to cover the car with their insurance, surely? Their business expense.

I know the customer ends up paying for everything in the final price anyway, but I hate it when businesses try and offload their running expenses on to me!
Old 12th April 2009, 11:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
HOW WAS IT DAMMIT?!?
Frankly, not so exciting. More on that on another day.

...but yes, I think I've become a diesel-head, after hammering three germans with 500nm+ on offer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
anyway, it was nice I didn't end up with the vRS. I now have a kickass OHC that I bought dead cheap and modified exactly to my liking for a fraction of what I'd have paid for the vRS. she eats up 2.4 Accords, Lauras and vRSs without even breaking a sweat. guess everything that happens happens for good.
Now that's what I'm talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'd expect them to cover the car with their insurance, surely? Their business expense.
Exactly what I told the Honda chap over the phone. I've quoted his reply towards the end of my post.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Umm, so yes, Honda let you TD it.

HOW WAS IT DAMMIT?!?
Oh sorry, overlooked this one.

Umm...alright. Nothing special, frankly. I'd pick a 2.4 A/T.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Four wheels and a steering - no matter how exotic or expensive - are NOT worth one's dignity. in fact, nothing is. as Navinji said, make the showroom come to you. if they don't, it's their loss.
Couldn't have put it better. When i was in the process of selecting my next car i called up the sales of my company preferred list of vendors in town and asked them to come to my house for a TD. Most graciously did (Hyundai,Honda,Mitsu,Toyota among these). A few tried to get me into their showroom for a TD - and i "graciously" told them to go forth and er... multiply

I think its high time Indian customers are demanding. We have past the stage where we waited 6 months for our "Esteem" to arrive.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:38   #84
Team-BHP Support

I am surprised. I have never had this trouble with any car manufacturer. Not Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, VW or Skoda. In each case I have asked them to come to my office and usually they come at the appointed time. If they are late I am not so bothered as I continue doing my work.

Remember once you get them to come to you it is they who have invested the time. It is they who now have something to loose. At the same time if you develop a reputation for calling these reps to your office just for fun they will soon not bother. I think by now (over the past 10 years or so) Arya Honda, Autobahn Skoda, Jayabharat Hyundai, Sai Service Maruti, etc.. all know that I am serious.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:18   #85
BHPian

Good to hear it resolved finally.

Reminds me of my experience with Hella Distributor in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks