Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:47   #46
BHPian

Even i had a similar experience with Honda when i wen t to TD the ANHC. The salesman asked me which car do you drive even before offering a test drive.God knows what for did he ask this. However i replied "Dont think its necessary for you to know this".Honda dealers hardly call you back after test drive.My TD experience at MGF Toyota,Gurgaon was absolutely brilliant. I had gone with my friend for the TD of Altis. They gave us a full 20 KM test drive.Still not satisfied and confused between Civic and Altis, they asked us if we would like to TD again and even offered to bring the car at our place in Faridabad for a test drive.

Honda has no or minimal competition in its segment coz of our loyalty to the Honda badge. Most other cars are equally good compared to Honda cars.
Keep the ANHC upfront with SX4/Fiesta/Verna and Linea, you would have a tough time deciding.
Civic with Altis and you are again left thinking.
The competitors are equally renowned for their cars but somehow in India they are not doing as well as Honda.
I wish the new Superb is an eye opener for Honda. Let Toyota bring in its small car in 2010,let Maruti bring in the Diesel SX4, let Toyota bring in a diesel Altis with D4D plonked in.
Toyota/Maruti are you listening !!!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Let us all get the original Indian eco-friendly 2 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Something needs to be done. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Another worry is we can't go on like this. So Honda denies us a TS, we stop recommending/buying a Honda. Skoda has poor after sales and so we stop buying Skoda. In the end what are we left with? Only Toyota?
I absolutely agree. If we read the complaints in these threads and proscribed the concerned manufacturer we would soon be doing a great service to the environment by moving back to that original eco-friendly two wheeler made in India!

the BULLOCK CART!

Cheers,
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

the BULLOCK CART!
Err, you don't even get a test drive of that as well sir. I would prefer to be treated with dignity if I am paying that much moolah. But haven't we all noticed this with Honda? They still don't offer a test drive of Honda Activa!
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:23   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I find that showroom walk-ins are not treated as well as appointment to your house especially for higher segment cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Strange that this episode surfaced on the forum this weekend; last saturday, a friend of mine wanted to finalise on the Civic. He'd asked Arya to come by my office as he was in the area anyways. Arya Honda's salesman was 1.5 hours in arriving, and only finally did after I made a strong phone call.
WHat I realised some time back when National garage was selling Opels was that if you force the dealer to invest him in you by coming to your office he is that much more eager becuase now he isthe one who has invested the time. If you go to him you have invested the time, the shoe is on the other foot.

If a dealer took 90 minutes in arriving after I called him I'd be bugged but carry one what I was doing. If he came 90 minutes late after I had a prior appointment set more than 1 day earlier I'd tell him I'm not intersted and he should sell his car to someone else.

Quote:
In the end what are we left with? Only Toyota?
Someone I know was kept waiting by Arya Honda when their showroom was at Worli althought he had made an appointment with their manager more than 24 hours prior to showing up.

He kept his cool. Eventually the Civic test drive he was waiting for happened. He drove the car via Worli Sea face to the SHINRAI Toyota showroom at Worli Naka (accompanied all the time by the Arya Honda salesman) and placed an order for the Corolla (the Altis was not out then) automatic in front of the now visibly upset/embarrassed Arya Honda sales person.

Now I am not advocating this extreme behaviour but when I was told the story I could not help laughing. I got mad friends. Madder than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
I wish the new Superb is an eye opener for Honda.
Honda does not worry about Skoda. They will worry if Toyota has a full line up.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:33   #50
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...onda-best.html

Came across this thread when going through Spur's experience.

Thiyags
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:39   #51
BHPian

Did you by any chance wear Chappals to the showroom?

[related to another v6 thread, hehe]
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:41   #52
BHPian

The thread about arya motors being the best is listed at the bottom of the page. Quite ironical the whole situation becomes
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:47   #53

Even Toyota dealerships are not as friendly atleast that's what my experience told me here in Australia.

I posted my experience in yahoo answers to know about what other people would ahve done. The best answer chosen is not by me and I don't agree it with 100%. I believe even if a prospective customer comes wearing rags he should be allowed test drive and proper treatment.

It's like how do you know the guy wearing rags doesn't have money while the suit wearing guy has money. For all we know the guy in suit hired that suit.

One of the person who replied had a bad experience with Honda In America.

Just read it for yourself here's the link.

Toyota Blacktown agent said if you are not buying the car i am not going to waste my time on demo drive? - Yahoo! Answers
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:49   #54
BHPian

It is these showroom who spoils the name and the value of cars.

I had a TD issue with Skoda, The thing was that i used to call the showroom up for a TD for as long as once every week for about a month. Those guys never showed up. I wrote to skoda india. The very same day, I had 3 calls apologizing. And a car right on my door step for TD the next day.
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something needs to be done. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Another worry is we can't go on like this. So Honda denies us a TS, we stop recommending/buying a Honda. Skoda has poor after sales and so we stop buying Skoda. In the end what are we left with? Only Toyota?
I will agree with you but then such kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable by any dealer irrespective of the fact which car you have gone to Td.
however i dont see Toyota complaints here or am i missing something?
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

It all depends on the dealer and not the car company. Sometimes its a hangover of the colonial times methinks. We are judged by what you wear, how you talk, what names you drop etc etc.

My friend who's a manager in a big networking company wanted to buy a 3 series. He went to the showroom and everything was great until he handed over his business card. Now for some reason after that the sales guy lost interest in him and didn't respond to him at all. He was so pissed that we gave them a piece of his mind and walked off. He finally bought an accord (last year).

We had gone to a Mitsubushi showroom a few years back in Chennai. The guy was totally uninterested and didn't even bother talking to us properly. My friend just then mentioned that we'll go for lunch to a certain club after leaving the showroom. The guy's attitude just changed. He was then all over us. Needless to say we didn't buy the lancer !!
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Did you by any chance wear Chappals to the showroom?
Had clarified during my narration of the incident, the answer is no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
The thread about arya motors being the best is listed at the bottom of the page. Quite ironical the whole situation becomes
Go through that thread. Around the halfway mark things begin to get sour with the feedback and experiences. ooks like they made a strong start and faltered terribly following that.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:07   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Someone I know was kept waiting by Arya Honda when their showroom was at Worli althought he had made an appointment with their manager more than 24 hours prior to showing up.

He kept his cool. Eventually the Civic test drive he was waiting for happened. He drove the car via Worli Sea face to the SHINRAI Toyota showroom at Worli Naka (accompanied all the time by the Arya Honda salesman) and placed an order for the Corolla (the Altis was not out then) automatic in front of the now visibly upset/embarrassed Arya Honda sales person.
Excellent!

Would have been a shame if he'd really liked the Civic.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

An update, Honda Siel Cars India and Arya Honda will receive emails tomorrow on my father's company's letterhead. My father didn't take the incident too lightly either.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:37   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarrps View Post
Even Toyota dealerships are not as friendly atleast that's what my experience told me here in Australia.
Even in the US, I had a bad experience with 3 different Toyota
dealers. Because of this I changed my mind & bought a Mazda.
And had a wonderful experience with Mazda for 6 years - right from
the time I walked in to their showroom for the first time to all the
services/oil changes in different dealerships in different states in the
US. I even wrote to Toyota Customer Service in the US & never got a
response. That was when I decided that all my life, whatever happens,
I would never buy a Toyota.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks