Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 14:20   #31
BHPian

Similar exp with RNS, Y'tpur.

Riju,
What you have gone thru' is quite disturbing. I (and another friend) went thru' similar experiences with RNS at Y'pur, after which I came to the conclusion that Maruti is actually going down on their so-called "historically famous" Customer service reputation due to dealers like RNS.

This incident happened atleast a couple of months back, when my friend was planning to buy a new car and he wanted to buy a "Maruti" only. So, we decided we would test drive the newly launched A-Star at RNS as that was closest from our area (I stay in hebbal/Sahakarnagar).

It was a saturday. Around 2:45pm, I call RNS motors and ask if the TD vehicle of A-star is available or not. The exec on the phone blatantly told yes. When I asked if it can be bought home, she said being a saturday, it's quite busy so it would be difficult. So I volunteered to go to the showroom and do the TD. I asked her to block the car for 4pm, to which she said, "we cannot do that, as anyone can take it out for a TD, you may have to wait for 15 mins". Fair enough, I agreed and went there with my friend.

On reaching the showroom at 4:15pm, I went to the reception, where 3-4 women immediately started asking if they can help me. I said, I spoke on the phone at 2:45pm for TD of A-star and was asked to come to showroom. Immediately, 3 exec left the place and the receptionist said, "sorry sir, the car is in Airport Road for an exhibition". I was surprised, asked when did it go? She said "it's there from today morning"! I was really taken aback! I told the receptionist that when I called RNS motor about 2:45pm, they asked me to come to showroom. She said "Sir, that was the call center number, so they may not be having latest information about the car being out for the whole day!". I controlled myself, told them that it was highly unprofessional for them to do something like this to me that too on a holiday. Without making a fuss, my friend and myself went and checked out the car (A-Star) inside the showroom on display and left. I told that I would be coming next day (Sunday) morning for the TD!

Next day, I call up the same number and ask if the TD car is available or not. As usual the lady confirmed. So, we reach RNS at 10:20am and talk to the receptionist (a new lady today). She says okay for the TD and asks us to fill up a form before the TD. We filled it up and then she asks us to wait for 5 mins. We decide to wait outside in the parking lot, where the TD vehicle was. When we went there, we were shocked to see that the TD vehicle was getting loaded with A-Star advertising leaflets in the back seat and 2 executives were ready to take the vehicle out. I immediately asked one of the exec, where is he taking the car, he answered hurriedly- We have an exhibition at palace grounds today and we are leaving immediately. I ask if there is another A-Star vehicle for TD, they said no and it was the only vehicle. Saying that, they took the car away in front of our eyes! I was now quite angry, though my temper was in control. I could feel a cold rage building up in me. I wanted to talk to Head, Customer Care. I knocked on his door, his assistant asked me what it was about, I coldly told her everything and then said, if I dont talk to your boss, I would send a mail to Maruti HO and mark a copy to Mr. Khattar. The lady simply said, "Mr. Khattar is no more our MD and you can speak to my boss, go ahead", with utter disdain! Finally, when the head of CC spoke to me, I explained him everything and in turn he said "I am sorry, your take my card and give me a call, I will send the car later at your convinience! Now we don't have a car for td."

I took his card, never called him again, had a friend in Pratham (from where I got my Wagon R) who gave us a TD that very day in the afternoon and finally my friend bought a i10 magna! (This line is OT though!).

Well, RNS surely has does not value customer's time or customers at all. My personal opinion, which was formed over a period of time!
Old 28th April 2009, 15:29   #32
BHPian

This is one real case study of what happens when both the Customer and the Customer Support staff loose their cool.
It takes two hands to clap.
And clap they did.
End result - Further trouble-No soulution-All at loss.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:14   #33
BHPian

dear riju, showing your attitude by foul mouthing is not too great. It is best to sit across the table and give him a peice of your mind and get your work done by him not leaving his chamber. Here you get your job done and make sure he understands your problem. Shouting and leaving, no job done. you lose your respect on your next visit. Since you are an esteemed customer all the goodwill earned is lost. You become any other customer.

Last edited by s.prashanth : 28th April 2009 at 16:15. Reason: wanted to add more
Old 28th April 2009, 16:33   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles View Post
Yeah you are right , I missed it. Work and mundane chores kept me busy never found time to go there. We have a wedding coming up soon and hence have been busy for the last few weeks.

Yes even if its a day late, they would require photographs.

I never wanted any discounts, nor did I bargain since I really never had the time. Wanted to finish up with this thing today and attend to some pending work.
My Safari insurance was missed for over 3 months(Shame on me)

But, But, the insurance guy(Bajaj alliance) came home straight , took photographs, issues me a 3500/- discount, gives me a cover note and leaves, all within 15 minutes and a cup of coffee.

Sad about RNS, neither do i have any good feelings about them, but you should have got your insurances renewed outside. Do it next time and you'll be surprised by the service offered by these agency guys.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 28th April 2009 at 16:35.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:04   #35
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How good are the bajaj guys when it comes to claims? My opinion is thats what matters when it comes to insurance.

With National Maruti..claims are a breeze.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
How good are the bajaj guys when it comes to claims? My opinion is thats what matters when it comes to insurance.

With National Maruti..claims are a breeze.
:
M8002: If you search you will find there are multiple threads on insurance and a lot many comments specifically on Bajaj insurance.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:38   #37
BHPian

OK dude , here you go. I had a problem with a dealership in New Delhi , Competent Motors. It was a servicing issue . Anyways , i came home and sent an email to Maruti Udyog through their website. Followed it up with an email from my account. This was Sat afternoon. Monday by 1100 hrs I had received calls from the dealership , from not only the manager who refused to give me time when the incident happened and from his Boss. Everything was resolved to my satisfaction. Plus i was told to get in touch with the Showroom manager subsequently whenever I wanted any servicing done , which ofcourse didnt , since i never went back.

So write to MUL. Give them the whole story. And then watch the fun. Never hesitate to take the matter right to the top is what i have learnt in our country because these people think no one will.

Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Was at RNS Motors(Ypr) this morning to renew my cars insurance. Reached RNS at about 9:40am to pay up and head back since I had some work to finish.

Its been 20 mins and am waiting at their desk, asked the insurance chap whats the delay and he says they don't have a camera. The dude says we have 2 camera's and both have been taken to two different offices and it should be here any moment.

I have no choice I continue to wait and now its almost 40 mins. Check with the manager who takes care of the insurance and says " Sir I just called to find out about the where about's of the guy carrying the camera,he should be here in about 10 mins" . Ok agreed I continue waiting !!

Now its been an hour and finally the dude arrives with the camera and we finish up with the photo formalities and I am asked to wait.

Last edited by v12 : 5th May 2009 at 09:38. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile r
Old 28th April 2009, 21:24   #38
BHPian

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Would suggest Reliance for convenience.

Once didn't know where to renew for my Opel and called up 'Lanson Toyota'. Surprise ! I had a cover note in my hand @ my residence in the next 1 hour. the guy just came clicked a few pictures on his mobile and handed over the papers.

I was also informed you can take your car to the nearest 'Reliance Fresh' for renewals.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Was at RNS Motors(Ypr) this morning to renew my cars insurance. Reached RNS at about 9:40am to pay up and head back since I had some work to finish.
Folks I really want to take this fellow to task. Any leads ? This has been my worst experience with RNS motors, they have always been in my good books in terms of their sales and customer oriented service. I don't want this single incident to change my opinion about that place. However I want to teach this fellow a lesson, who deserves to be stripped of his designation there. Simply a disgust to the dealership and MUL as a brand giving it a bad name and nothing else.
first of all when he was talking to a customer is it right tointerupt and blow your lid,what if Mr Parikshit was discussing something important with you and some other customer interupts your conversation .would you like it?(THE PROBLEM IS YOUR ATTITUDE)
You say he started attending to you after you interupted his conversition when he was with some other customer ,this shows that every indivisual in R N S is customer oriented and you colud have discussed and sorted out things instead of using foul language,that only displays your attitude and not his.
When you say he immediately started attending to you does not justify you saying "he turned a deaf ear" ,this only means that he was trying to listen to you and it was you who was trying to act crazy.
Yes in any office, going personal is not accepted by any indivisual.you would also not like some of your clints yelling at you foul language for a mistake of your down the line staff.Yes your clint can alyaws discuss with you and get the issue settelled .no body expects any body to butter them but there is a specific way of discussing specific things,you can't throw your weight just becuase you are owner of a car.......... ,if you are facing the sky and spitting towards the sky,it is definately going to fall on your own FACE.
i know R N S and their attitude towards customers.using foul language was your mistake that led to this confusion if not we are sure your feedback would have been taken in the right sprits and things sorted out.
It is important that you cahnge your attitude and this would help you go a long way............

Note from Team-BHP Support :
1) Please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.
2) Avoid quoting an entire large post as it inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.
3) FONT and other tags removed, when copy-pasting text, please ensure these tags are not visible (see the announcements section).
Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd May 2009 at 17:52. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
s.prashanth is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:52   #40

I am also going through bad experience with RNS motors (Hosur road).

Sales manager in this branch had promised delivery in two weeks when I did the booking for White Swift Vxi with ABS, which was around 1 and ½ months back. I have made numerous trips to the branch after that and every time I hear the same words from him - we will deliver in 2 weeks sir.

I am seriously thinking of changing the dealer (but again waiting for another month is a big pain). Can someone pls tell me as to what action I should take?
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:09   #41
BHPian

I am originally from Hubli and I know RNS group for a long time. RNS group aka Murdeshwar Group aka Naveen group is based out of Hubli. It is made up of a buch of crooks. For those of you who know the fate of investments made in Murdeshwar Cermaics stocks a few years back you will understand what RNS group stands for.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
first of all when he was talking to a customer is it right tointerupt and blow your lid,what if Mr Parikshit was discussing something important with you and some other customer interupts your conversation .would you like it?(THE PROBLEM IS YOUR ATTITUDE)
Aye aye now the problem is my attitude. You know a few of us went to good schools we never interrupt conversations and these days even a kindergarten kid knows how to frame a sentence and ask " EXCUSE ME, CAN I SPEAK TO YOU FOR A MOMENT" .So get your facts right ...
You friend might have forgotten to tell you this.

I know very well where you come from and your inclination to those chaps. So gimme a break and if its for him that you are speaking.

And maybe you should stop making such rude and blatant a statement " THE PROBLEM IS YOUR ATTITUDE " when you know very little of what happened.

Would it be wrong if I were to assume that you have been benefited by this chap for once atleast that you are trying so much to cover his rear ?
If he is your close pal, friend or whatever good for you mate and that doesn't solve my problem. Does it ?

If I were wrong , you might want to call your FRIEND whom you know personally from RNS and find out why did he make his subordinate call me and ask for an apology ?
On further inquiry with the dude I was told his boss asked him to call back ask for an appointment so that they could meet up with me at my place or their office and apologize for what happened. Well they wanna retain their customer and I appreciate whats been done.

Unlike you who is here for no reasons and trying to uphold something which wasn't done in taste of their customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
It is important that you cahnge your attitude and this would help you go a long way............
Thanks for a change I decided to have sugar syrup for starters today. Does that also need a change ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 4th May 2009 at 16:28.
Old 4th May 2009, 19:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post

My carb Maruti 800 was a regular at their Hosur road workshop. The first incident -

The car runs fine if used gently but the moment I accelerate hard, the engine sputters and dies(throwing out a load of black smoke in the process). Doesn't start again unless cranked a lot.gasket.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.
I had a similar experience a few years back with RNS Motors Peenya. My maruthi-800 (carb) was having the 1st cylinder not fireing. After cleaning the spark plug it would to run for about 300 Kms before the cylinder starts cutting out again. I took the vehicle to RNS Motors Peenya and I was told that the Pistons have worn out and the "1/2 Engine (Cylinder Block) has to to replaced. The total cost:- about 20K.

The car has run only for 40K Kms. and the other 2 cylinders were fine. I told them that I will come back later. Took the vehicle to a Maruthi authorised service Station where I knew a Supervisor. Explained the problem to him. He removed the cylinder head and found the inlet valve oil seal of the problematic cylinder damaged. Replaced the seal and the problem was solved. Repair cost- around Rs.300/00. Since then the car has done about 100K Km. without the problem re-appearing.
Old 5th May 2009, 09:58   #44

Dear All, has anyone booked Swift Vxi(ABS) recently?

As I had mentioned in my previous post, waiting period seems to have increased and manager at RNS Hosur rd says, I will have to wait long to get the delivery. Is this the same case with you?

I am really confused as to what to do….

Note from TBHP support: Please use the entry box provided ONLY. Do not use an external editor to compose a post
Old 5th May 2009, 13:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbf2756 View Post
Dear All, has anyone booked Swift Vxi(ABS) recently?
Yes we did quite recently for a colleague from Mandovi. We checked with RNS earlier on and then my colleague decided to go the Mandovi way. He prolly had to wait for about 20 days tops and his car was delivered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks