Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 20:31   #16
BHPian

FIAT or any other Car Manufacturer in the world will not behave in the manner, these Dealers are behaving. It is definately the mistake of the Dealer.

Buying a Car is still a Luxury in India, and once a person decides to buy a particular Model, the Sales Team has to grab it and try not to mess up in any way.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajeshi View Post
@ms001 : Thanks for talking to him about it ,by only concern was what they were doing for the past 16 days . Only today Mr Ashok has assured me a delivery within 8 days that too he is going to place a order either today or tommorrow.
I spoke with Ashok on some pending stuff that is yet to be delivered(spare bulb, medical kit, emergency triangle) and I got a chance to talk to him about your issue. He did mention that he will be doing his best to get your car as early as possible
Old 25th September 2009, 10:00   #18
BHPian

@KodiVasanth : Thanks a lot Vasanth , i am really overwhelmed by the team-bhp members support ,it feels like being part of a family .

you,Coolboy ,Ms001 and all other members where really helpful in giving their ideas and support and directly talking to the dealer ,i feel very proud to be part of the forum .
My membership was rejected 3 times i felt like why i should join this forum ,but now i feel very happy that i applied for the 4th time and joined it :-) .

@jazz : It's true man , the dealers are the people who talks or interacts directly to the end customer in any car sale so they should be very sensitive in taking care of each and every customer . Hope the Indian market learns from the western people.

I will really believe in FIAT and Prerana only if they are able to prove their words in action . Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by balajeshi : 25th September 2009 at 10:02.
Old 26th September 2009, 19:35   #19
BHPian

I went to the Sjp road showroom today but couldn't meet Mr.Ashok ,but met the sales executive . As expected the car allocated to me was given to someone else due to the festive season .

One lesson learnt , don't wait for the dealer to call you up keep following up with them every 2 days [lesson learnt]

There was one Emotion pack on display , today was the first day i got into a punto and saw it up-close [i can't believe it, i enjoyed the few minutes i sat in the car, i am very restless now like a child dreaming for his first video game] , i have never seen a Punto a up-close or did drive it ,but i have booked the car LOL . I know it is strange , i just went with the team-bhp members feedback on the car .[i know it is silly ,i have that much confidence on FIAT and the members here].

And i spoke to Mr.Ashok through phone and he has assured me that he'll be able to give the VIN ,Engine number by tuesday hope i do get it by tuesday.
Old 26th September 2009, 20:08   #20
BANNED

Quote:
@ms001 : I know but the SBI process is that you have to make the downpayment for the remaining amount and the loan cheque will be dispatched to the Dealer only ,i didn't have any hold on it.
Normally booking will be done by paying a small amount . The least you can say Rs.10000/-. Apply the loan, in your case its SBI (and Mine too). Once the loan is passed SBI will call you up for signing and at the end they will say that come with the balance payment receipt to dispatch/collect the cheque. (in my case they were asked the dealer to come and collect the cheque). Once you ensure that loan is passed, then you should have checked the status of the vehicle with your dealer. and here you have done the mistake.

If the dealer says your vehicle has come, inspect the vehicle pay the balance amount, get the receipt, give it to SBI etc....

Happened is past now concentrate on the followup's and visit to get the car as soon as possible. Its sad that the dealers are spoiling the image of FIAT due to this kind of things and A.S.S and drove away many prospective customers like me.
Old 26th September 2009, 23:41   #21
BHPian

Hi Wildon ,

I agree with you ,but the problem i had was i wanted to go for the car only if my SBI loan gets sanctioned[i didn't want to go for any other bank ] so i didn't want to book the car before i got a concrete answer from SBI :-( . I booked it only after i got the loan sanctioned ,i was little worried about the SBI process.
Old 27th September 2009, 17:09   #22
srinivas9446

Quote:
I am very much disappointed in the attitude of the Sales executive and Asst manager from Pre-rana ,i have booked my vehicle on Sep 8th and i was given waiting period of 15 days i.e today .
========================
Already FIAT is loosing on Service ,i don't know with these kind of the sales attitude they'll loose their sales .I am wary of this dealer now don't know what to do ? .
Hey there,

i really dont understand why you paid the entire amount ? nobody normally does it.

Dont worry you will get your car at the earliest , just keep a good follow up ON !

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2009 at 19:51. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post for a short reply, affects readability especially for mobile users. Thanks

Old 28th September 2009, 11:00   #23
BHPian

Thanks Srinivas . Yeah i am going to cal them up every couple of days till i get it
Old 29th September 2009, 12:32   #24
BHPian

Mr Ashok called me today ,he has given the Engine number and VIN ,and has given a probable date for the vehicle availability as Friday, as the vehicle is already in transit.

Now i feel little confident on the dealer ,let me see hope things happen as they say .
Old 29th September 2009, 12:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

thats good news indeed , hope u get the car as promised , all the best
Old 29th September 2009, 13:15   #26
srinivas9446

Now that you have the VIN and the engine number, dont rest... the dealers will have such details of each despatch from the works. It doesnt mean you have a car. It can be given to anybody unless the car is registered in your name.

hope you got the point.

A good follow-up is a must.

Old 29th September 2009, 14:28   #27
BANNED

You paid the whole amount and you still need to follow up??

The Dealer or Mr Ashok is taking you for a jolly good ride sir. You have not been assertive and till now haven't complained to FIAT.

You should have been more stern then the chalta hai attitude.

Its your money and you have done everything right while going to buy the car. Delays from their end after paying the full amount is just not happening.

And they have the audacity to tell you that they gave the car marked for you to someone else? If it was me i could have brought down the whole of FIAT for this.

I can't understand how people are asking you to follow up every other day. Why is it required?
Old 29th September 2009, 15:06   #28
BHPian

Hi,

Contact the Sales General Manager Mr. Ranganath on 9845488215 from Prerana and refer me (Shreyas) and ask him to help you out himself and tell him all details about your problem with the other Sales guys. Let me know if you dont have any progress on this, I will give you the number of Mr. Prem who is the owner of Prerana Motors.

So far I have had very good relationship with Prerana and I wonder how this is happening. I am sorry as I am not very regular in logging in, else we could have pushed for this delivery in time. Call Ranganath and let me know, I will also follow up with him.

Call me if you need any help on this matter.

Shreyas
98807 26770
Old 29th September 2009, 16:01   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

never pay the full amount to any dealer until they produce the vehicle of choice and allow you to inspect the same after their PDI and before taking delivery.
once you are completely satisfied pay the remainder and take delivery.
theres an old saying "Caveat Emptor" - "Buyer Beware". Worth bearing in mind.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr Ashok called me today ,he has given the Engine number and VIN ,and has given a probable date for the vehicle availability as Friday, as the vehicle is already in transit.
Dear Balajeshi,

Seems your mail to Fiat has done small wonders atleast. Now just call Mr. Mangesh and tell him the Engine no and VIN that Mr ashok gave you. Tell him that you want this car on time and there should be no excuses or else they should return all of your money without any fuss.
You have give 6L for the car and have every right to escalate the issue. Once you get the car, send a feedback mail about this dealer to fiat.

Hope the dealer keeps up his promise. When i took delivery of my Linea, i had deposited 2L beforehand so i get preference. After 7 days the salesman stopped picking up my phone, i straight away reached the dealer and met with the owner and warned him on not to act smart with me. Gave them 2 days to give VIN or else i cancel my booking. Within 2 days i got my car itself, whether they sourced it from other dealers or cancelled someone else's car i dont care, got my car on time and thats all that matters.
Most of the dealers are crooks and you have to raise your voice to get things done on time.

Best of luck for your Punto now..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks