Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:45   #1
BHPian

Need help with Pre-Rana motors attitude in delivery delay of Punto EDIT: Resolved

I am very much disappointed in the attitude of the Sales executive and Asst manager from Pre-rana ,i have booked my vehicle on Sep 8th and i was given waiting period of 15 days i.e today .

Absolutely there was no communication from them for the past 15 days ,i called the Sales executive on last friday he said he is undergoing a training in out of station and asked me to contact the asst manager .I called him up also he conveyed me that he is currently out of the office and will call me back once he is in .No calls from them after that.

As it was long weekend i went to my native and couldn't follow it up with these guys ,i called them up today morning the sales person told me he will check with my asst manager and will call me back [around 11:00 AM ] no calls from them at all .

I called him again on 3:00 PM ,he said the manager is in meeting and will call back when he comes out of the meeting at 4:00 PM . But till 5:00 PM no calls from them .

I called the sales person around 5:00 PM he said the asst manager phone is switched off and will check and call me. I lost all my patience at this time and i called the asst manager on his phone ,he picked the call and when i enquired about my delivery date he said he'll check with the same sales person .

I don't know what this people are upto i told him directly that i don't you both guys attitude as both of them are playing with me .When i ask one guy he says he has to ask the other person and vice versa.

Bad thing is i have paid the whole amount i.e Downpayment + SBI Loan cheque.

Please help me on the same i want to escalate the matter to some higher authority .

Already FIAT is loosing on Service ,i don't know with these kind of the sales attitude they'll loose their sales .I am wary of this dealer now don't know what to do ? .
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:33   #2
BHPian

Call them again tomorrow morning and if still no answers drop a mail to FIAT India.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:55   #3
BHPian

Dont follow it up by making calls. Just visit the dealer, and create big noise. Send the mails to fiat as well. If you go thru some of the earlier punto/linea threads with delivery issues, you will get their contacts.

All the best.

Note from Team BHP Support:

Please avoid quoting the entire quote while posting a reply. It becomes very difficult for other members to read.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th September 2009 at 17:56. Reason: See note in post
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Balajeshi,

Its a problem with delivery delays for Puntos, worse thing is that you didnt even hold back 50k for last day when you take delivery which you shouldnt have done and you are on the backfoot now.

Now log on to fiat-india website and click on CEO corner at botton right, just fill in all the details and send a strong worded comment including all the details of your purchase experience. Something will commece.

Am sending a PM containing all details of top brass of fiat, send a specific mail to these persons too.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

HI Bala,

Please let me know your full name ,variant and color that you booked.
I will be meeting the manager tomorrow , will try to find out.

Manu
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Balajeshi,

Its a problem with delivery delays for Puntos, worse thing is that you didnt even hold back 50k for last day when you take delivery which you shouldnt have done and you are on the backfoot now.
Sorry to hear about the delay in your delivery. Who was your sales person. I suggest you talk to Mr Ashok. He is a very interactive and helpful person. You can refer my name(Vasanth[linea]) and/or Achin[linea]. Tell him you are from the team-bhp forum. Give him the booking details and I am sure he will get answers for your queries. Mr Ashok(9611805935)

Regds
Vasanth

Linea Emotion+ MJD 2009(21/09 Delivered)
Indica DLG 2005 Silver(Sold)
Maruti Omni 1995(Sold 2009)
Pulsar 150cc 2003
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:36   #7
BHPian

At last spoke to the Manager after getting the contact detail from ms001 ,he has assured me of the update on delivery date before tommorrow 11:00 AM will wait till that before taking it up as you guys suggested.

Selective : Thanks sure will go to these guys directly ,what you are saying holds true ,as i was so polite with these guys on the phone.

@coolboy : i'll be dropping a mail to these top brass based on the outcome of call i had with the manager.

@ms001 : Thanks a lot for taking up the issue , mine is as same as yours : MJD ACTIVE [Exotica Red] ;-)

Thanks Vasanth

ms001 also suggested me to talk to the same person and i have spoke to him couple of times in the evening ,he has assured me of the update before 11:00 AM tommorrow ,if he is not going to call me up ,i'll call him and will let him know about you both i came across in team bhp .

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th September 2009 at 14:42.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:21   #8
BHPian

No calls yet from them ,will call him . And guys can you suggest me one thing ,i am planning to cancel my car and pre-pay the loan .In total i'll be loosing around 9,000 Rs .

The reason being i badly need the car before the end of Sep or i don't need it at all after that.As i am planning to use for some function which is around in my native.

Only reason i went for Pre-rana was after reading the good dealership review in this forum.One of my company guy has got the same variant from Concorde in Bangalore without any fuss .

He has actually compared the Concorde guys with Hyundai and ford out of which he felt Concorde to be good .

My doubt is these guys haven't given request for the car from the way they are talking taking time ,so i don't want to waste my time by waiting for another 15 days .

I am planning to call up and walk into their showroom in another hour or so.

Called him up now [Ashok] , he is asking me 8 more days as he is going to place the order now only for the active variant . I don't know these peeople where doing all these days.

I'll wait for one more week if i am not getting it by next week i am cancelling the car it is bulls**** in waiting after that.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th September 2009 at 14:43.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:48   #9
BHPian

As suggested by coolboy i dropped a mail to all the top brass and also spoke to Mr Mangesh (head customer services) .

He assured me of looking into the issue. And also got a response from Mr Aashish on the issue and he has copied the Support people to follow it up on the same.

keeping my finger crossed ,hope i get my car ASAP.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:19   #10
BHPian

Got a response from Mr.Mangesh as well on the follow up ,he conveyed me that the complaint has been forwarded to the relevant department for a quick resolution .

It really shows the top people are more customer oriented and really wants to do their best in making the product a great success,hope the dealers take a leaf out of it and correct their mistakes.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

I met the manager today, and he has assured that he will arrange for the car at the earliest , i also checked their stock list , but there is no red MJD active .
Other colors are available though .They have some 50-70 punto's in their stock yard as of now.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

When will FIAT learn to communicate with its customers. It shows how insensitive they are when it comes to customer services. I agree this problem is common to all type of dealers, however there is a way to handle such situations.

Fiat should know that such misadventures will ruin its chances of gaining market share.

Wake up FIAT...prime your dealers to perform else replace them with competent ones...
Old 24th September 2009, 16:23   #13
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
When will FIAT learn to communicate with its customers. It shows how insensitive they are when it comes to customer services. I agree this problem is common to all type of dealers, however there is a way to handle such situations.

Fiat should know that such misadventures will ruin its chances of gaining market share.

Wake up FIAT...prime your dealers to perform else replace them with competent ones...
+1
it is the companies responsibility to keep communicating the status of a car/issue to the customer. A customer doesn't have a sixth sense letting him know weather internal communication has been done.
This should be the top most priority for any OEM at least when delivering the car.

Bala I suggest you set a deadline with the dealer and take it in writing. CC it to Fiat management (Let me know if you don't have the id's will PM them to you) This should get you your car.

In the mean time explore other options and if the punto is not there on the committed date, go for another car. It is the companies loss if they fail to deliver on commitments.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Bala,
First of all you did a mistake by paying them fully [It's win win situation to them- Amount os interest accumulated in their kitty].
Don't cancel the booking , coz you are the one who will be loosing hard earned money.

As festival season is starting(Ayudha Pooja etc), they may even make the delivery late due to holidays. So catch hold their neck and get it resolved ASAP.

PS - It's not Pre-Rana Motors, It is Prerana Motors

Last edited by sushrutha : 24th September 2009 at 17:28.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:58   #15
BHPian

@ms001 : Thanks for talking to him about it ,by only concern was what they were doing for the past 16 days . Only today Mr Ashok has assured me a delivery within 8 days that too he is going to place a order either today or tommorrow.

@tj123 : Actually the response from FIAT was good i had interacted with 2 persons from their top brass ,Mr Mangesh [Customer services] and Mr . Aashish both of them have assured me of resolving the issue ASAP ,it is the problem with the people below hope the same attitude passes on to people who interact directly with the customers.

@jrd : You are absolutely right ,they have to keep communicating about the update on the availability of the vehicle ,i didn't get a call absolutely in the first 12 days of my booking ,i have called them up on the 12 th day.

I am planning to do that on saturday i'll go to the showroom and will take the same in writing.

@sushrutha : I know but the SBI process is that you have to make the downpayment for the remaining amount and the loan cheque will be dispatched to the Dealer only ,i didn't have any hold on it.

And on cancellation it is true i'll be loosing the money but this kind of attitude from the sales people makes me feel that it is better to loose the money rather than my peace of mind.

Thanks for notifying the dealer name , i keep making that mistake ;-) .

Guys one last question : when i'll be able to get hold of the VIN,Engine number as my dealer is placing a order mostly by tommorrow only.

Last edited by balajeshi : 24th September 2009 at 20:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks