Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 10:46   #331
BHPian

Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Can any one help me with an escalation chain in FIAT for Service. I had the mail IDs when they were with TATA. I need the mail IDs urgently and any help would be appreciated.
Old 20th July 2013, 22:37   #332
Senior - BHPian

I have this, not sure if he is still there or mail-id is changed post Fiat Tata breakup:

mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com (Head of Service)
Old 26th July 2013, 14:12   #333
Senior - BHPian

Fiat India face book update:

Fiat has announced additional service centres for Fiat cars which unfortunately turns out be the Tata workshops i.e Fortune cars (Thane, Nerul, Andheri/Powai), Wasan Motors (Kandivli, Deonar). My office colleague who recently had gone to the Fortune cars Powai for accessories related issues was told that the Tata workshop has staretd accepting Fiat cars fro servicing. I thought Fiat was going solo after the alliance was dissolved. Was expectign a lot from Fiat for opening owned workshops, turns out they still are leaning on Tata's shoulders for service network.

There's one more service centre listed on the Fiat India website which is relatively new I guess. This one too seems to be Tata workshop going by the e-mail id.

CAR REPAIR SHOP
MUMBAI
Mazda Industrial Estate
E Moses Road
Worli
mumbai - 4000018
Phone No : 9223529334,022-67400400
Fax No :022-66662244
Email : carservice@tatamotors.com
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 16:13   #334
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I will report here my experience after completion of the servicing.
My vote Meets Your Expectation stands valid as I was fully satisfied with service rendered by Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. The details are here.

Old 27th July 2013, 12:39   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Fiat India face book update:

Fiat has announced additional service centres for Fiat cars which unfortunately turns out be the Tata workshops i.e Fortune cars (Thane, Nerul, Andheri/Powai), Wasan Motors (Kandivli, Deonar). My office colleague who recently had gone to the Fortune cars Powai for accessories related issues was told that the Tata workshop has staretd accepting Fiat cars fro servicing. I thought Fiat was going solo after the alliance was dissolved. Was expectign a lot from Fiat for opening owned workshops, turns out they still are leaning on Tata's shoulders for service network.
Actually this is a sort of stop-gap arrangement from Fiat.
Fiat could not leave the existing customers without any servicing facility for their cars. So in places where Fiat could not open up Dealership, the existing Tata-Fiat dealers would continue servicing of Fiat cars till Sept' 2013.
Old 5th August 2013, 18:43   #336
BHPian

Here to report my experience with the new F.A.S.S in Baroda, Bhaskar Fiat. I gave my Linea for service and minor fixes last week to the new workshop thats on the outskirts of the city. Soon as I stepped in I saw familiar faces, most if not all of the service staff from the previous T.A.S.S was here. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but they say old habits die hard. While the dealership saved on training new employees, they ve likely inherited the pathetic work ethics from the previous TASS. I say this because a few of the items on my already short checklist of repairs were attended to only after I reached there to pick the car. The fluids werent topped off either until I brought it to their notice. The service station is not yet completely setup and my car was quite dirty inside and out as they did not have the washing unit setup yet. The parts my car needed weren't available and I was asked to bring the car back when they do have the parts. All in all it was an OK experience given they weren't setup right. But there's a bit of an aftertaste that seems way too familiar and not in a good way. I hope Fiat India dont mess it up yet again.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:08   #337
BHPian

Biggest effect of this Tata-Fiat split up for me has been this - previously at least there was a service center where I could take my car to for service and addressing issues. Now, there is none, atleast in the 350km radius. I have been pondering on selling off my car but without service center support, it will only attract peanuts.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:25   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Biggest effect of this Tata-Fiat split up for me has been this - previously at least there was a service center where I could take my car to for service and addressing issues. Now, there is none, atleast in the 350km radius. I have been pondering on selling off my car but without service center support, it will only attract peanuts.
The website shows Pragati Trading Company as the service point in Jorhat. Have you contacted them??
Old 11th August 2013, 11:41   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The website shows Pragati Trading Company as the service point in Jorhat. Have you contacted them??
I should have mentioned this earlier. All TATA dealerships are going to stop attending to Fiat vehicles w.e.f September 30. Pragati Trading Company is one of them. After Sept. 30, there will exist only one dealership at Guwahati that will have to serve all Fiat cars from not only Assam, but all the other N.E states.

Last edited by riturajsharma19 : 11th August 2013 at 11:48.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:00   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I should have mentioned this earlier. All TATA dealerships are going to stop attending to Fiat vehicles w.e.f September 30. Pragati Trading Company is one of them. After Sept. 30, there will exist only one dealership at Guwahati that will have to serve all Fiat cars from not only Assam, but all the other N.E states.
Well, that cant really be helped. I dont think FIAT can sustain a dealership network like that of Tata. At best they could have dealerships in Dibrugarh and Silchar other than Guwahati, but I doubt Jorhat will make the cut. But it will take time for FIAT to open dealerships all over.

I doubt other like VW, Skoda, Honda, Toyota etc have more than 2 or 3 locations in the NE states.

Last edited by julupani : 11th August 2013 at 12:01.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:05   #341
BHPian

Tata service station in Mumbai has unofficially already started of not accepting fiat cars. My two time prior appointment were cencelled . There reason was they are overloaded with tata cars. And i saw that only fiat customers cars were denied. Mine was paid service still they didnt accepted it. If fact they suggested me to take parts and consumable for them and do service elsewhere. I am trying to launch compliant with fiat motors
Old 11th August 2013, 12:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I dont think FIAT can sustain a dealership network like that of Tata.
I understand that. However, the number of Fiat cars in Assam (not sure about the other NE states) is quite decent. I know for a fact that a lot of TATA dealers are still selling Fiat cars to unsuspecting customers who are unaware of the service issue that they are going to encounter in the near future.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:27   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that. However, the number of Fiat cars in Assam (not sure about the other NE states) is quite decent. I know for a fact that a lot of TATA dealers are still selling Fiat cars to unsuspecting customers who are unaware of the service issue that they are going to encounter in the near future.
If there are enough FIATs in the NE, I am sure FIAT will try and take care of those customers. If not open a full new dealership, they could try and work with the Guwahati dealer to open service points at a couple of locations outside Guwahati. But that will take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool View Post
Tata service station in Mumbai has unofficially already started of not accepting fiat cars. My two time prior appointment were cencelled . There reason was they are overloaded with tata cars. And i saw that only fiat customers cars were denied. Mine was paid service still they didnt accepted it. If fact they suggested me to take parts and consumable for them and do service elsewhere. I am trying to launch compliant with fiat motors
Why do you want to go to a Tata dealer, when there are already quite a few FIAT exclusive service points all over Mumbai. The use of Tata workshops was only a temporary measure after all.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:08   #344
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I ve just recently booked a punto after being bowled over by the superb ride and the build quality. I had done my research and while booking the enthusiasm told my senses to take it easy. Now I am developing a cold feet after again going through these threads. Have I made a mistake?
Old 25th September 2013, 19:23   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys, I ve just recently booked a punto after being bowled over by the superb ride and the build quality. I had done my research and while booking the enthusiasm told my senses to take it easy. Now I am developing a cold feet after again going through these threads. Have I made a mistake?
Why you should buy -
Buy the car for the reasons you mention. I believe you will have 3 years warranty. Punto spares are quite affordable and easily available. NCR region has a good amount of FASS. Also, the Delhi Fiat group is pretty active and helpful. I would recommend going ahead with the purchase.

Why you shudnt buy -
You are a completely hands off owner. You believe in calling up for a pickup, explaining to the chap who comes to collect your car, your issues and expect them to be resolved. You expect that all spares (even rarely consumed ones) should be available immediately. You dont want to run around for non service related maintenance.

I would recommend that you buy the car. Fiats are well built and very long lasting cars. I am a Palio owner and love my car even though I spend more effort on maintaining it. This should not be the case with Puntos.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks