Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2011, 18:27   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
"Meets Your Expectation"
I own GP 1.4 E-PK and yesterday got it serviced by B.U.B Pune. The car was timely picked up from my office and dropped back 1hr 30mins late then the promised time.

This was the 1st servicing and things done were
1. Front wheel alignment check & adjust.
2. Oil top up
3. Cleaning/Polishing - I was impressed with way it was cleaned from inside

It was definitely cleaner then it was at the time of delivery.
Total spend = Rs. 662/- (300 pick&drop + 300 wheel alignment + 62 tax)
Ok that was after 1st free service done at B.U.Bhandari 3 month's after purchase date.

Now after 2nd service done at Pandit Auto. Akurdi, Pune 1 year after purchase date.

If I had to 'poll' today I would have selected 'Huge Improvement Needed'!! Reasons as follows:
1) Delivery - Car was delivered 4 days later then the initial delivery date.
2) Cleaning - Exterior was cleaned as if they are doing a favor. Alloys were as dirty as they were before washing. Interiors were more clean before service then they are now.
3) Still Missing stuff - A music CD from the player. Couple of car shampoo pouches and coins which I had kept in the glow box, had kept them in a small pouch with zip along with some tissue papers. Also coins missing from the ash tray. By the way I left these things as I had read about similar incident on one forum and there too the service center was Pandit Auto!! Thank god I got back my Jopasu duster set which I left in the boot.
4) Missing - Flap/ cap of Windshield washer fluid container. I had to fight with them to get it back. They fitted a old broken one!
5) Had to speak with Fiat's CRM, Arti Naidu in order to get back my car. I'm thankful to her.

Overall I was not only dissatisfied but 'pissed off' by the way this service center works. Though Fiat is trying hard to satisfy their customers, their service centers are NOT.

Finally one friendly advise, if you are looking forward to buy Fiat don't sign the check until you spend 2 days at their service center with whom you are going to deal with.

As far as the car is concerned, I'm more than happy with this car.

Last edited by HammerHead : 29th January 2011 at 18:38.
Old 29th January 2011, 18:43   #227
Senior - BHPian

^^ Its just a matter of time. Two more Tata Fiat service centres are opening up in Pune. This should sort out things a bit.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ Its just a matter of time. Two more Tata Fiat service centres are opening up in Pune. This should sort out things a bit.
You mean 2 more apart from recently appointed Acumen Motors?
Old 29th January 2011, 20:05   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by timus View Post
I recently bought Fiat Linea T-Jet from Wasan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai on 20th Dec, 2010. While the car is amazing and evokes a 'wow' from me every time I drive her, the after sales service is pathetic from Wasan Motors.
While braking at low speeds, there's a whistling sound from the car from day 1. Wasan Motors have taken my car to their workshop multiple times, but are unable to correct it... first 2 times, they didn't even understand the problem and just cleaned the vehicle and gave it back to me.

I am directly in touch with Fiat India but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any leads on this front would help!!!
Fiat India isnt good and response,try the International Fiat customercareinternational@fiat.com
Old 29th January 2011, 20:46   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean 2 more apart from recently appointed Acumen Motors?
I heard that Millenium Motors (Ex Maruti Dealers) have also been appointed as Tata - Fiat dealers. Not sure when they start operating though.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:58   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok that was after 1st free service done at B.U.Bhandari 3 month's after purchase date.

Now after 2nd service done at Pandit Auto. Akurdi, Pune 1 year after purchase date.
To add to my above post, yesterday noticed that the panel holding power window switch on the left front door came off . I know for sure they touched it as a part of regular checkup.

Looks like I will slowly come to know what all they did to my car!!

Quote:
I heard that Millenium Motors (Ex Maruti Dealers) have also been appointed as Tata - Fiat dealers. Not sure when they start operating though.
Even I heard the same. They are not listed as Fiat dealer/Service center on Fiat's website thought.

Last edited by HammerHead : 31st January 2011 at 17:01.
Old 1st February 2011, 12:36   #232
BHPian

The 45k regular service was dur for my Fiat palio SDX. Booked at Skyhigh motors,Perintelmanna, Kerala, for service before 4 days. The service advisor was very irresponsible. removed all the filters and brake parts for servicing and now tell me the parts are not available. Its so frustrating cos I have already mentioned to them I will be needing my car today its self. There are no trained FIAT technicians in Skyhigh motors and they have given me an estimate of Rs.8k. Highly incompetent workshop.
Old 7th February 2011, 08:13   #233
BHPian

Quote:
I met the director (knew her as she lives in my apartment complex). They are opening by this month's (Feb) end
Old 7th February 2011, 19:17   #234
BHPian

@Hammerhead
I am not surprised with your experience at Pandit Auto. I have in my post in this thread echoed similar experience. Pandit auto is just across the road from my workplace. Still I used to give my Palio to BU Bhandari that was 20 kms away.
Pandit has a TATA team trained for FIAT. BuB had Fiat team picked up from Ashwamedh. That made the difference. Now that BuB has taken up VW dealership, quite possible that FIAT team is moved to some other FIAT dealer. Just check for one Mr. Ajgaonkar who use to head the team. He is thorough FIAT man.
Old 10th February 2011, 18:33   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I own a Palio 1.6 Sport. And my service center Concorde has been rubbish. They are good for routine things like oil change. Any deviation and you hit a wall.
Exactly! Terrible experience with them along with HUGE monetary losses.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:47   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmits_bhp View Post
I met the director (knew her as she lives in my apartment complex). They are opening by this month's (Feb) end
I don't own a Fiat so far, so I cannot vote in this thread.
However, my experience with sales (interested in Punto) hasn't been very fruitful so far. It has taken a long time to get quotes and test drives.

I am just hoping that Millennium Motors opens up in the next few days. Just banking on this post above.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:57   #237
BHPian

Two days back, my colleague lost the key (remote lock) of his LINEA. FIAT helpline said they would come if the key got locked inside the car. Then he had to bring the spare key from his house to take the car. The spare set doesn't have the remote lock, has only the metal key.
FIAT is quoting Rs.20000/- for a new remote lock !!!
Old 9th March 2011, 17:07   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
FIAT is quoting Rs.20000/- for a new remote lock !!!
I'm sure that the remote key would not cost Rs.20k.

1) An additional remote key for Fiat Punto costs around Rs.6-8k

2) I would recommend your friend to confirm the cost of the new remote lock with other authorized service centre.

or

3) Do write an e-mail to Fiat for getting the correct cost.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:34   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I'm sure that the remote key would not cost Rs.20k.
I too had the same doubt.
The fact is that you can get the additional remote key for 6k, but it will have the same security code as the lost one. So, anyone who found the key will be able to take the car, if he knows the location.
If you want a new system with a new code, it will cost 20k.

My colleague has not yet decided what to do.
Old 11th March 2011, 10:30   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I too had the same doubt.
The fact is that you can get the additional remote key for 6k, but it will have the same security code as the lost one. So, anyone who found the key will be able to take the car, if he knows the location.
If you want a new system with a new code, it will cost 20k.

My colleague has not yet decided what to do.
Hi Nathan,

I feel something is fishy.

when you report a lost key, the service centre will give you a new mechanical key for an additional cost. This mechanical key will also be having a small transponder chip which is used for car immobilization. Each of this transponder will have a unique IDE, which is written into the EEPROM (Non-volatile memory) of the EMS (Engine Management System) of your car at the Factory by the OEM.

So the IDE of the transponder in the new key will be written into the EMS and IDE of the lost key will simply be deleted from the EEPROM of the EMS. NO need of any SYSTEM REPLACEMENT for sure.

So you take to service station the other spare key, so that they leave the IDE of the spare key and only erase the IDE of the lost key in the EMS. SO that even if some body finds the key, your car is still safe.

For every key loss, if the dealership wants to change the EMS / BCM (Body control Module) of the car, it sure would cost a bomb like how it is costing now.

Please write a clear Email to FIAT explaining your case and check why the whole system needs to be replaced.

All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks