Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 02:14   #1
BHPian

FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Hello BHPians who own a Fiat in India. I am starting this poll just to assess how is Fiat's After Sales and Service experience?

Palio has been there, Linea is almost a year since launch and Punto is almost six months since launch, so let everyone respond to this poll with overall A.S.S experience with Fiat.

Request all Fiat owners to be honest in their responses. Below are the ratings for everyone to judge

Excellent & Outstanding - Perfect on time execution, very knowledgeable, strong skills & competencies, Rated high on both quality of work and end results.

Exceeds Your Expectation - Exceeds expectations significantly and consistently everytime. Proactive in getting things checked and fixed.

Meets Your Expectation - Knowledgeable in essential skills. All services and repairs are fixed to your expectations. On time delivery.

Below Your Expectation - Not being treated on priority, Demonstrates average skills/ knowledge in most of the essential tasks. Needs continuous and close supervision from your end.

Improvement Needed - Quality of work has been consistently falling short of requirements. Not satisfied with overall experience.

(Disclaimer: This is not a poll to judge how good or bad Fiat A.S.S is, its just a poll for genuine TBHP Fiat owners and their personal views and experiences. Since online forum participation is very less, this by no means would give a realistic picture.)
samsan02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2009, 02:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

im sorry to say this but fiat's service in bangalore is sub standard atleast in bangalore and the tie up with tata is not upto the mark.
i simply stopped visiting fiat *** and looked for alternatives.
Old 29th December 2009, 02:43   #3
BHPian

Hi, good initiative if this is going to be the real feedback from "genuine" FIAT owners.

I have a question - how do you ensure that only the 'genuine' FIAT owners participate in the poll ? else, the results will be skewed and this thread will face the same fate as other FIAT bashing threads !
Old 29th December 2009, 08:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the results will be skewed and this thread will face the same fate as other FIAT bashing threads !
I have my reservations too, though i have given my vote!!. i dont want to talk more on this.

I wish moderators ensure that only current genuine fiat owners participate in this poll.!!! or else the very essence of the poll will be destroyed!!

Last edited by geeash : 29th December 2009 at 08:47.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:21   #5
BHPian

I have owned the Punto MJD 1.3 E+.
I had to visited the TASS prior to delivery (for my PDI). I was driven in my "to-be" car to the workshop, car was hoisted when I did my PDI and the staff was friendly.

Then in about 7 days, I had to go again as I my car was dented by unfortunate motorcycle accident. My car was stalled in the middle of the road and this guy on the bike bumped right into me.

FIAT (or TASS) fixed the dent in 24 hours and the paint job was done well. No problemo. I was pleased

I will be visiting them for my 3K checkup in 15 days. I am booking a prior appointment as I like doing that, though not sure if that will help. Plan to get a full oil change done.

Will keep you all posted about my experience again.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:47   #6
BHPian

I own a Palio 1.6 Sport. And my service center Concorde has been rubbish. They are good for routine things like oil change. Any deviation and you hit a wall.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:57   #7
BHPian

I have a Petra since 2006.

When in Pune,I used to service it at TASS(B U Bhandari).Was very happy with the service there.Knowledgeable people and availability of spares too wasnt an issue at all.

But since moving to Tamilnadu,its been a mixed bag.Visited Concorde Chennai twice and it was a very bad experience.

Since I keep moving between Chennai and Coimbatore very often,decided to switch to MyTVS and have been very happy with them.But again thats not part of TASS.So havent voted here in this thread
Old 29th December 2009, 10:00   #8
J.Ravi

After buying my Fiat Linea, I visited Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, twice for small issues. Both the times, I was attended to immediately and the problem repaired within half-hour. But, I have not yet gone there for full-fledged servicing. So, I voted for 'Meets Your Expectation'.

Old 29th December 2009, 10:06   #9
BHPian

I have been visiting Concorde Motors in Bangalore to get my GP serviced.
There had some small but niggling issues from the time of delivery and a small set of them still exist to date.
However the staff have been courteous and really helpful.

Having said this, they still have a long way to go in order of 'Solve it right first time'.

I vote for Meet Expectation.

Alternatively, I am not sure if Green Tracks is TASS. I used to get my palio's serviced from them.
They are good and do a much better job.
I shall probably start to give my GP there itself.

Last edited by gods-envy : 29th December 2009 at 10:07.
Old 29th December 2009, 10:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Vahaan Automobiles in Kolkata was the best rated FIAT a.s.s. But now they have shifted to VW & Honda.

The TATA-FIAT workshops - i don't have a good feedback about them.
Old 29th December 2009, 10:46   #11
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Gave 1 vote on behalf of three of my colleagues (1 palio, 2 Linea) who (are not TBHP members and) felt that the service was Ok and kind of on par with the rest.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:01   #12
BHPian

I own a Palio 1.2 since 2002 and a Stile 1.6 since 2007. My experience has been OK, meets expectations. To exceed expectations, FIAT can concentrate on some quick wins like
1) ensuring that the customer is not left unattended when he arrives at the service for more than 10 mins
2) Try not to upsell or cross-sell just to make a quick buck. Many a times the service advisor will recommend you to do a few un-necessary services which sometimes leaves you feeling cheated.
3) Try and give a quotation for the entire service (approx +/- 10%) at the outset.
4) Ensure the car is cleaned and ready at the said delivery date and time. It is annoying to arrive on time and the car is not cleaned.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:04   #13
BHPian

My 7 month experience with TFASS - Poor diagonistic ability (nothing can be repired - just change it attitude), poor technical accumen .

(1. Alternator problem - TFASS - Change it 14 k estimate - done out side at Bosce service for RS.450 !. 2. Car stalling - TFASS - Fuel Pump - 11K estimate - My own R&D with electrician - Fuel Pump relay rusted - Rs 100 repair cost. Car has covered 2000+ kms after both repairs TROUBLE FREE)

Availibility of spares is not due to A.s.s, parent company should be blamed.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:09   #14
BHPian

I have owned a Punto MJD E+ for around 4-5 months now & it has visited TASS atleast 3-4 times. They are polite, pickup & drop the vehicle, try to resolve issues & actually want to improve overall experience we have with them. All the times i have been to ABS motors in Gurgaon & I will recommend it to everybody.

I have been to Some Hyundai / Maruti / Mahindra showrooms & i found ABS one far better & customer focussed then other.
Not to say we still expect more from them but at their current level they are meeting my expectations.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:15   #15
BHPian

I voted "Needs Improvement". Though they attend to you immediately they lack the knowledge to understand your problem, they look like they weren't properly trained. I often feel they are overloaded, they generally have umpteen nr. of cars to attend from the Tata stable and because of that they behave as if someone has poured hot water on their legs.

Also mostly you would be surrounded by Taxi drivers, so you can imagine how the environment would be there. Even the service center as such doesn't look clean & tidy and appears poorly organised.

I feel the current setup will not definitely work, Fiat needs a seperate sub-garage within T.A.S.S to attend to the customers, only then the customer experience will improve.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks