Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 11:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

If I Remember Right there was this same thread started by me a few months back and guess what it disappeared in no time. Would like to see how this thread is treated.

I really dont think the options would bring out the real state of things. I had put in options for people who had owned other cars too so that they could compare what they got. Just expectations is too vague and there wont be any consistency. The thread i started had got around 9 options.

I have voted for "below expectations" since i do expect a lot more from a A.S.S. If they start behaving / treating cars like normal roadside workshops then what is the point in the badge.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why we didn't have this poll earlier. The result of this will be surely interesting as it is turning out.

The a** of Fiat as far as my experience so far is concerned is that it Meets my expectation and I feel it is as good or as bad as the other brand. I am comparing it with the a** we had for our old Zen which is sold now.

I have two Fiats, a Palio & a new Punto. Special mention: A call to Fiat-First got my Palio's faulty part replaced in the same day, when the car had a break down - 80 Kms away from the service center.

Anyway, "Improvement needed" should be a check-box as the options "Meets Your expectation" and "below your expectation" can also mean that it needs improvement.

Last edited by clevermax : 29th December 2009 at 11:43.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2002 Palio 1.2 ELX. Good car, great build quality, sturdy feel and still going strong.

Service has been decent and i have not been hot by any of the so called lack of spares. Car itself has aged quite nicely. There's nothing to complain about.

I voted meets expectations. I also had Maruti and Hyundai in the family (like most middle class, we started with an 800 more than a decade back and upgraded to a Santro), i do not see anything lacking in FIAT compared to the service experience from Hyundai and Maruti.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 29th December 2009 at 11:47.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Gave 1 vote on behalf of three of my colleagues (1 palio, 2 Linea) who (are not TBHP members and) felt that the service was Ok and kind of on par with the rest.
Please avoid such "on behalf of" vote's. It will not be a fair poll then. Set out the rules clearly now itself to avoid confusions later on.

- Has to be a Fiat owner
- If not should have owned one in the recent past atleast. Lets keep a cut off for not more than 6 months
- Ideally has to be justified with facts through post, before addding your vote.

Try to keep bias off! and limit the debate to the thread. But dont go hit the polls, if you are not a fiat owner.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th December 2009 at 12:04.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

The test drives section has A.S.S ratings for every brand and you can see them when you read the review of any car. Those are done using only owners of cars of that brand. So do we really need this poll, especially since there's a higher likelihood of non owners voting? For those who want to know, the comment for Fiat's A.S.S is below

Quote:
"Inconsistent quality of after sales service. Though the Tata-Fiat partnership has improved matters, the service is still not up to satisfactory levels. Several owner complaints on this factor. Accident damage and other uncommonly used parts entail long waiting periods."
Old 29th December 2009, 12:15   #21
BHPian

Meets expectations

I have a Palio 1.6 Stile Sports (purchased 2nd hand) -
1. 1st paid service - Opted for car pickup and drop facility. The service advisor came with the paper work, jotted down all issues (viz. dashboard rattle etc.), took the car and delivered it the same evening. This was just reular service. Received call from BUB and they asked me whether everything was satisfactory.
2. Starting trouble - Car wouldn't start sometimes (crank OK but engine does not start). Called the car towing service. They came with a mechanic and car started with no trouble. Problem appeared again, this time at my office. Called towing service and issue got reproduced. They towed the car back to SS and put it on examiner. There were some errors related RPM sensor. They erased the errors (reset the ECU) and problem got temporarily sorted. When it reappeared, I drove down the car to BUB, Wakad a day before Diwali. Everyone was in a holiday mood. Upon insisting, they took the car in, put it on the examiner and got the RPM sensor errors again. I asked them to replace the sensor (850/- odd bucks). They said its a repeat complaint and who takes responsibility if we change the part and problem does not get solved? I said, I do. Information from Palio Users Group gave me confidence that sensor replacement would resolve the problem and it did.
3. 2nd paid service - Received a call from BUB that service is due. Got an appointment for 26th Dec. Drove down to SS, dropped the car and opted for car drop facility. All problems were addressed satisfactorily.

My experience so far has been satisfactory. People at BUB have been very helpful and friendly.

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 29th December 2009, 12:17   #22
BHPian

I have taken my Linea to a TASS on 2 occasions. Both experiences were pleasant and they got the job done. My other experiences are with Honda and Maruti, and I would rate my TASS ( B U Bhandari) on par or perhaps a shade better. My best experiences though are with private garages. I have voted for "meets expectation"
Old 29th December 2009, 12:21   #23

I own 2 Fiats - A 2002 Palio & a 2009 Linea. My feeling is that the attention given to a Linea owner is much more than that for a Palio owner (though it has improved a lot in the past few years). Maybe, TFASS is more focused on the "New Set" of Fiat Owners. So, it is still slightly Below Expectation for me.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:22   #24
BHPian

I've owned a Punto MJD E-pack for close to six months now and completed 10k kms recently. My experience has been fairly good with my workshop (Rama Motors, New Delhi) being able to service the car efficiently and I've not really faced any irritating niggles so far.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:23   #25
BHPian

I have Palio 1.9 D and really happy with BU Bhandari.They have excellent team.Forutune motors is also good but no where near to Bhandari.
So my vote goes to exceeds the expectations.
But then this defers dealer to dealer.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

After owning a Punto for a little over two months, I am going with "Meets Your Expectation". I just had to make one visit to the TASS for the 3000KM service. Since there wasn't much to be done as part of the service anyway, I can't really comment more.
From my little experience with Fiat/Tata so far, i would say they seem to be on par with the Maruti A.S.S that I have experienced while owning the 800.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:55   #27
BHPian

Name : Amogh Chaphalkar
Car : Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD E+
Place of Purchase : Pune
Place of Service : Pune
Service Centre : B U Bhandari Motors, Wakad, Pune

Voted for : Meets Expectation

Overall experience with BUB has been good. Definitely meet my expectation. I think Fiat can do a little bit more on the training & development side.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

you can always look at the poll by clicking on the view poll results
Old 29th December 2009, 13:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

During my ownership experience of Fiat Palio for almost 6 years now, Fiat Service in Bangalore certainly meets my expectations, though it exceeds most of the times.

I do routine service every 5K - 6K kms, no other major work was required so far.
Had 2 - 3 accidents during this period, and each time the Service center had the required spares (Bumper, Fender, side rear-view mirrors etc.

Last edited by finneyp : 29th December 2009 at 13:06.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

WoW! A good initiative to bring an end to the perception on the Fiat A.S.S. The end is good/bad is to be seen.

I am not voting, but the feedback from my colleagues who are 2 Linea owners - "Meets Expectations".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks