Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 13:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

As I already mentioned, this poll will be interesting taking into account all that Fiat bashing in the name of A** done by owners, non-owners, lovers, haters and everybody. So far 52+14+4 i.e. 70% Fiat owners are at least satisfied with the Fiat A**.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:47   #32
BHPian

Well i owned Palio 1.9D for 5 years . We have 3 dealers here for servicing .
As far normal servicing goes , its pretty good . Tata-Fiat service centers are also good .

But when it comes to spare parts , thats the main problem area . Spares takes alot of time to reach as they are ordered and then they take there own time to send them .

Overall , as such i never faced serious problems in regards to servicing and small issues.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:56   #33
BHPian

I own a 1.3 SDX. have done four services so far. First two in Prerana, I was not happy. Third and fourth in Concorde Hosur Road, I am delighted with the service.

I felt a slight jerk when I engage the clutch and took the car to Concorde yesterday. They said something inside the clutch assembly is weak and they will replace the assembly, under warranty . I am a delighted soul.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:58   #34
BHPian

Have owned a 2007 Palio Stile 1.1 and now have a Punto MJD E+. Always serviced at authorized service centres. No major problems so far, except for spare part delays sometimes. Am pretty satisfied with Fiat A.S.S.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have suffered a lot at the hands of concorde chennai. They have each time messed my car ( linea emotion pack 1.4 petrol flamenco red)and so far after 18 visits to concorde only 2 times i have come out smiling. so i have voted below my expectations even though i would still grade them a notch below.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
They are good for routine things like oil change. Any deviation and you hit a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
3) Try and give a quotation for the entire service (approx +/- 10%) at the outset.
4) Ensure the car is cleaned and ready at the said delivery date and time. It is annoying to arrive on time and the car is not cleaned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Though they attend to you immediately they lack the knowledge to understand your problem, they look like they weren't properly trained. I often feel they are overloaded, they generally have umpteen nr. of cars to attend from the Tata stable and because of that they behave as if someone has poured hot water on their legs.

I feel the current setup will not definitely work, Fiat needs a seperate sub-garage within T.A.S.S to attend to the customers, only then the customer experience will improve.
I own a retro Palio 1.6 Sports, and get it serviced at BU Bhandari, Pune. My specific grouses about Fiat A.S.S are pretty much in line with the above 3 quoted posts:

1. Cost and time estimate for even a routine servicing is rarely accurate, even though I explicitly tell the service advisor what I want done in the workshop. Service advisors are only bothered with ratings, not "actual" customer satisfaction.
2. Have serviced the car 5 times till now, and I have had to send it back for repeat complaint 3 times.
3. They are OK for routine tasks like oil change, brake pad cleaning etc, but rarely have a clue when it comes to any trouble shooting. It's never "this is the problem"; it's always, "ok, let's change this and see what happens".
4. Service bays meant for Fiat cars are invariably hijacked by Tata cars in the workshop. The result is you have to argue and threaten to talk to the works manager for getting your car back on the same day, even though it's a normal servicing (without any repairs) and the car is dropped off when the workshop opens at 9 AM.
5. Less said about spares availability, the better, even in Pune.
6. Agree about the courteous staff part in one of the posts - but that courtesy would be much appreciated if it was accompanied by competence too.
7. Warranty claims (regular and extended) haven't been denied - so that's a plus.

Voted Below Expectations, emphatically.

EDIT: My experience narrated above is only about my car's 6 monthly service visits. If a few running repairs visits are added to it, then we'll need a new rating below Needs Improvement.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th December 2009 at 15:12.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:54   #37
BHPian

Car : FIAT Palio 1.3 MJD SDX
Number of KMs done : 28500kms
Place of Service : New Delhi
Service Centre : Samyak/Elegant motors
Voted for : Excellent and Outstanding
  • The best part of this place is 99% FIAT cars and 1% TATA cars.
  • Have approached them for 4 times and all 4 times my departure has been with a smile.
  • I feel that they can service any FIAT car with closed eyes, they know there work, hell they know. They just rock.
  • They have trouble shooted once in my case, my SDXs clutch and all I can say here is that my clutch now feels smoother then a hot knife on butter.
Cheers
Old 29th December 2009, 15:11   #38
BHPian

Ditto...agree with Bubby.

If I still continue to own 2 Fiats then the credit is entirely to Mr. OP Sharma of elegant/Samyak. Amazing guy and a great service team.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:15   #39
BHPian

I voted, 'meets my expectation'. Expectation is relative, and with FIAT I never had great expectations. But, TVS in Trivandrum and Cochin had alwys met my expectations.
My vote is based on the services I had for my Palio before the Tata Fiat merger. I am not sure how it changed over the years now.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:17   #40
MCR
BHPian

I voted for "meets my expectation'. The reply has been positive till date everytime i have contacted the service executive.
Old 29th December 2009, 15:36   #41
BANNED

The Tass is very courteous to Fiat owners and does very good job at least as I am concerned.I have voted for "Meets my expectation", though I could vote for "exceeds your expectation" but refrained otherwise people will think that I am siding them too much.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:19   #42
BHPian

Just to add to the overwhelming views & responses here.

Hello Again Guys,

We as in Fiat buyers have already made our decisions in going with Fiat and buying their cars with our hard earned money, so lets hope to get some real genuine overall experiences, views out in terms of a poll. I started this thread with the sole intention of getting some first hand information from real Fiat owners and their views. Please lets not get off topic and not start another Fiat bashing thread or compare Apples to Oranges (read other manufacturers nor will we ever take our cars to them).

If you have owned/owning a Fiat in the recent past or present and have dealt with their A.S.S then please vote, others can always track this thread with a search.

Also lets not get biased with what auto sites/magazines quote or say, they all just print and never run any poll I suppose.

Come on BHPians, we all can keep this poll fair and honest.

Thank You.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hello Again Guys,

We as in Fiat buyers have already made our decisions in going with Fiat and buying their cars with our hard earned money, so lets hope to get some real genuine overall experiences, views out in terms of a poll. I started this thread with the sole intention of getting some first hand information from real Fiat owners and their views. Please lets not get off topic and not start another Fiat bashing thread or compare Apples to Oranges (read other manufacturers nor will we ever take our cars to them).

If you have owned/owning a Fiat in the recent past or present and have dealt with their A.S.S then please vote, others can always track this thread with a search.

Also lets not get biased with what auto sites/magazines quote or say, they all just print and never run any poll I suppose.

Come on BHPians, we all can keep this poll fair and honest.

Thank You.
I did not see any bashing but honest responses from owners !! Why do you feel this hasn't been either fair or honest ?
Old 29th December 2009, 17:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I did not see any bashing but honest responses from owners !! Why do you feel this hasn't been either fair or honest ?
You are absolutely right Seeler, I just made a proactive request just to play it safe and to avoid any such outcome. Few initial responses were concerned if its going to be bashing thread or even non owners may vote, so I made such a comment. Sorry if you got the wrong indication.

Well! its all been fair & honest responses. Thanks

Last edited by samsan02 : 29th December 2009 at 17:51.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:57   #45
J.Ravi

Wow! 77% positive and only 23% negative voting. If Fiat and Tata Motors guys see the outcome of this poll, they will have a sigh of relief! BTW, I voted for 'Meets Your Expectation'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks