Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 23:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Guys,

Dont know about the show room, but the serivce they offer is good. Recently got my Indica V2 serviced and was very happy with it. The best servicing I have had in the 4 yrs of my ownership. T
The staff there is ready to go that extra mile to satisfy the customer, maybe coz its new and want to build a sizeable customer base, but who cares as long as you get good service
Most of the service staff has migrated from Manipal motors who had earlier shifted base when Arvind Motors shut down their passenger car Sales and service unit.

Quite a lot of equipment is also from the same Ex-dealer. The Workshop is a Joint venture of KHT & Tata Motors. KHT, ofcourse, is an old Swaraj Mazda dealer.

However, they are the best set of Service Engineers Tata Motors can find. No wonder, MM were Tata Motors No 1 Workshop.

Hope these Engineers continue the same way and bring laurals to KHT, Tata Motors and most importantly have a happy and satisfied customer line up.

So long.....

Last edited by varunroy : 1st March 2010 at 23:52.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

Service station well located on a volvo bus route!
Old 26th June 2010, 19:16   #18
BHPian

I got my Safari's 15000 km service done at KHT motors.Had a wonderful experience.Service quality was top notch.They picked up the car and dropped it free of cost and also made sure that every single complaint was attended to well.Would not like to go elsewhere again.
Old 27th June 2010, 10:18   #19
BHPian

I had a different experience once I went there Tata Manza team was immediately on to me but was trying to push only petrol version. He didn't had a diesel version for TD and said Petrol is good try that. I did a TD and told him to get back to me for TD of diesel version and now more than a month passed by and no call !!

At the same showroom had to wait for 20-25 minutes for FIAT SP to attend me. So it seems they are pushing Tata over FIAT and that too petrol version
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:07   #20

I own a Palio Stile & it was due for a service, having covered 15k+ kms. The last service was done at Carnation mainly because Manipal had closed down & because Carnation was next door to my office. Having heard a lot about KHT, I decided to pay a visit & drop off my car.

My service advisor, Arun Dayal inspected the car & noted down the issues mainly 1> belt sound for 5 mts after cold start, 2> low levels of radiator coolant, 3> one of the front tyres kept losing pressure, 4> one of the wiper hoses had to be replaced. He said the car would be ready by 6 pm. He gave an intial quote of 3500 incl 1200 for labor. I thought that was a little steep by itself. However, I was in for more surprise when he called me after a few hours and said that the total estimate will be 4800 because of coolant replacement, clamp change etc.

When I went to collect my car, it was being washed. I am pretty satisfied with the service quality. The car looks new & the engine innards are a shining black or chrome as the case may be. Pickup seems to have improved as well. However, I am a little concerned about the final bill. I am not a auto guy & cant tell if every listed thing was needed and if so, was the price justified. I am posting the breakdown of the bill. If any of you auto geeks could throw some light, that will be great. Also, I didnt like the attitute of Arun Dayal. He seemed to be doing a great favor by servicing my car. Also, he was very obtuse when it came to answering my queries. Has any of you dealt with him in the past?

Bill breakup
------------
CONSUMABLES

Engine oil (Castrol Magnetec) - 322*3 - 966
Oil filter - 124
Fuel filter - 167
Coolant container collar - 74*2 - 148
Wiper hose pipe kit - 180
Coolant (Petronas) - 211*2 - 422

LABOR

Radiator flushing - 250
Oil change service - 1200
Standard Checks - 95
Engine flushing - 700

Service tax & edu cess - 230
VAT on consumables - 270

Total bill - 4753

Rgds
Mithun

PS - If this thread is misplaced, request the moderator to move it to the appropriate forum.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopOKgo View Post

Bill breakup
------------
CONSUMABLES

Engine oil (Castrol Magnetec) - 322*3 - 966
Oil filter - 124
Fuel filter - 167
Coolant container collar - 74*2 - 148
Wiper hose pipe kit - 180
Coolant (Petronas) - 211*2 - 422

LABOR

Radiator flushing - 250
Oil change service - 1200
Standard Checks - 95
Engine flushing - 700
I think the labour rates are way too high.
For Radiator and Engine flushing, have they used some kind of flush (STP/Bardhal etc..)?
Oil change service: does this include changing the gearbox oil as well (I dont see it in the consumables)? Whatever, 1200 seems to be a very high side. And whats another 700 bucks for Engine flushing? I don't understand.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:39   #22
BHPian

what a rip off?

1200 rs for oil change labor? It takes 30 mins to do an oil change and needs minimal skill and knowledge. That's daytime robbery.

Also exactly what do they do during an engine flush?
Old 31st August 2010, 17:15   #23
BHPian

this oil change service is the paid service labour. This should include everything including the engine scan. If you look at for different manufacturer for e.g Hyundai Santro they charge 650 as paid service that does not include the engine scan etc...

If you compare to other cars, the labour for paid service is normal, but this "standard checks" why he is charged, god only knows.

But does this engine flush really need at 15K+kms ? I do not think it is required. You have been taken for a ride on this...

gearbox oil will be changed only after 3 to 4 years or at least 50K+ kms.

my 2 cents
Old 12th October 2010, 23:21   #24
BHPian

To me looks like thier sales staff is not competent, where are service staff is better off.

I also had the same experience as BMW-X5 where in they promised couple of times a call-back the next day for a test drive and never called back. When I call them back they say "i forgot"! Not so nice.

Scorpio Fan

Last edited by Stratos : 12th March 2011 at 11:44.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:03   #25
BHPian

KHT rips off on service

I tried to reply to my complaint receipt email, but it bounced. Apologies for a few misses in grammer - written out of lots of frustration>

I had initially gone to KHT motors with 2 complaints - mileage low and AC not working. I was told to change XYZ and I came up with a bill of over 25,000 rupees. The mileage was still the same after some 9000 rupee work on the fuel pump and no work done on the AC.

Later when I had an accident, I asked to rework on the mileage bit and the AC. When I was taking delivery of the car, absolutely shoddy quality of body work was performed and I refused to take delivery of the car. I took delivery post 3-4 days (don't remember) and AC was working fine then. Mileage was still not achieved, and on top of it, pick up reduced and there was a lot of smoke from the exhaust. That cannot be a newly serviced fuel pump that has a new "rotor" or whatever. In 2 days AC stopped working. I always fill in Shell diesel (only) from Varthur Road pump worth 1000 rupees (20-21 liters) every time I get the orange light. Every 20 liters takes me not more than 100 km. Do the math. And I was told to do a full tank and check every time. I don't buy the logic. 3 refills = 60-63 liters and I would have done around 300 km. Do I need a mechanic teaching me school Maths?

Also when I got the car, the stereo was loose, indicators were not working, and the frame of the dash switches were broken. Is this a deliberate attempt to sabotage a car so that I can be fleeced again in future?

It is clear that these guys are taking me for a ride. In one month if a service centre cannot repair a godforsaken AC, and service a fuel pump properly, I think they should shut shop. Even bodywork they cannot do properly.

I am on the verge of being posted outside the country next month, and if this is not taken care of before that, another attempt of cheating the customer will go unnoticed. It is not a question of money, I have already paid for it, and chances are that I will keep paying money again in future for the same job. If my AC does not work after receiving my car out of the service centre, it can either be a design fault from Tata or bad quality of work at KHT, not my fault right, since I was made to pay the money. I have had 2 tata safaris so far. Infact I have bought 3 cars so far, 2 safaris (KA 03 MA 4218 and MH06W 1909) and 1 indigo marina (AS01T 8585) for my mom. Next time I buy a car in India, it is definitely going to be Fortuner even though I cannot afford it, because I now choose to trade my patriotic feelings for peace of mind. A convert is the biggest fanatic, and from starting a community on Orkut for the Tata Safari with 1500+ members, I now have absolute hatred for Tata cars. I still have a lot of respect for Tata and what it stands for for cuntry building, but I am not bearing the cost of another Tata vehicle. My father has a Honda and a Ford, and we have had Marutis before. Tata service is defitely the worst, even worse than Ford. (KHT being the worst of the Tatas across the country - my service history will reveal where all I have been). Over a period of one year Tata cars are the most expensive to live with because of your shoddy quality of labour requiring rework and the sabotage. Cost of parts being low doesnt mean a thing. Infact last time (25000 rupee bill) I was pestered by the service advisor to give a 10 rating. This time I did not even get a call from Tata, let alone being given a feedback form by KHT. For all the BE models Tata follows in their Ivory Tower, quality never reaches the customer. This is coming from a (angry) Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. Look in forums, read magazines, all point out equivocally about shoddy quality of products/services from Tata Motors. Its time Tata guys got out of their ivory tower guys, got their hands dirty, captured some VoC on their own and not from the authorised cheating centres.

HK Borah
Old 12th March 2011, 11:20   #26
BHPian

Re: KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore - New Tata/Fiat dealership

Now i am highly confused to get my Manza for the second free service. I really don't know whether to approach the KHT motors or again visit the Concorde. Please can any one help me taking a decision.
Old 16th April 2011, 02:49   #27
BHPian

Note from Support: Please avoid excessively dotty posts. Thanks!
Old 16th June 2011, 16:50   #28
BHPian

I got my Palio serviced here last week and I would say KHT service centre is just PATHETIC. I never imagined that an A.S.S. could run so inefficiently.

1. They took 2 days for a regular service and 2 more days just to confirm if a part is covered under extended warranty or not.
2. The SA never bothered to call me and update. Everytime I had to call him to remind.
3. At the time of delivery, the JOB CARD was not available. I am still not sure whether they did all required checks and repairs. The brakes have become noisy after the service, the car doesn't feel smooth which happens in every service.
4. They misplaced my Service booklet and Warranty booklet somewhere.
5. At the time of delivery, the car interior was dirty everywhere.
6. There was sharp edged screw driver left on the rear seat. I noticed this only after reaching home.
7. Usually other T.A.S.S. centres give a follow-up call for feedback. It didn't happen here. (I was eagerly waiting for this.)

I guess I will never again head in KHT's direction. Comparing with this Concorde's service was much much better.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 16th June 2011 at 16:51.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:47   #29

This is one dealer who's doesn't want to give a test drive or bother following up. I had left my details for an Aria TD, after being told that they don't give TDs on Saturdays & Sundays. No calls from them. A few weeks later when I spotted the TD car outside the showroom on a Sunday, I was told its going for a TD and couldn't say when it would be back!
If its so much trouble getting their interest to sell me one, imagine if I have to go back to them for service!!
Old 5th July 2011, 14:10   #30
BHPian

They had started off with a big bang and was a ray of hope for Fiat owners, then. Sad to see what they have grown into.
I had sold off my Palio a year before KHT motors opened shop here in Bangalore, but even then managed to get calls from them saying that my car is due for service, not once, but on several occasions.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks