Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:04   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Too early to compare Skoda service with VW, being under same group does not imply the logic. Should a Jaguar customer be concerned about service since it comes under TATA group??
My my.. you don't know what you have done friend! You have opened the Pandora's box!

Anyway, on a serious note, it is absolutely natural for a person owning a product to have affinity towards the brand and come to its rescue when it is being criticized. However, with better/correct facts and figures as highlighted by EssYouVee, Amartya and James, s/he would stand a better chance of making a point.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

The VW plant at Chakan is not running at full capacity. Localisation levels are still very low in the POLO, hence i don't see them ramping up production till they achieve atleast 70-80% localisation. IMHO VW should look at Ford as a example as to how to launch your first small car in the Indian market. Ford really handled the Figo launch well with proper planning.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:20   #48
BHPian

Really sorry to hear this. Just cancel the booking, and ask for refund alongwith interest. If they do not agree, file a case against them in consumer court.

I think another Skoda story is going to unfold with this attitude of VW.

Now I am thinking twice, as I was about to book a Polo for myself.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:27   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Should a Jaguar customer be concerned about service since it comes under TATA group??
OK, so which service is better? Tata or Jaguar?
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Bunty

My sympathies with you for the ordeal that you are going thro. But frankly I do not think, it has got any overtunes of a nationalist sentiment, i.e. talking about German indian etc is not the right way to put it.

Agreed, they were not professional, but dont think it because they are a German company and we are Indians etc. At the end of the day dont forget on papers its a German company but the reality is except for few VPs all others are Indian employees.

Moreover, dont think matching the booking related issues with the service expectation is a right approach. They are totally different ballgame, it would be too naive to relate this to service expections.

Skoda and Audi are totally different company, though under VW umbrella. It would not be ideal to make assumption just because they come under one umbrella.

I think we should recommend to change the title to something like " Issue with Polo Booking etc." Its pretty misleading.

Well, they can't have their cake and eat it too. If they are going to hype their German heritage with bullshit like "Das Auto", "German engineering. Made in India" etc, they cant suddenly run away and deny being German the moment they screw up.

Skoda and Audi are 100% subsidiaries of VW, they more or less share most of the engineering, manufacturing and components. VW should be held accountable for them. This is not an isolated case rather we have seen the attitude of Skoda and Audi, the attempt by VW to bribe the local govt which ended in a scandal, and now this.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:31   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And I thought VW would be bending over backward to keep its hatchback customers happy. I can understand the dealer goofing up, but in this highly connected age, its crucial for brands to maintain a direct line of communication with its customers. I simply cannot understand why your emails to VW weren't replied to.

Just goes to show why a Maruti is a Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Mods

Should this thread not be in Indian car dealership section. Just a suggestion
Thanks. Moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post
I have told to dealer to take a hike and cancel my booking. I have today booked the i20 Asta Petrol. The delivery is scheduled for next week.
As others have posted, you did the right thing by voting with your feet. There isn't a dearth of options in the market. We are spoilt for choice; non-performers better pull their socks up.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Sad that the only advice we can give is 'cancel booking and go for this, or that'.

I am sure the problem is with a overzealous dealer. Yes VW has not responded for days, but how do we know what follow up action they are into. Evidently, they are unlikely to update the customer at each and every step, unless they have a concrete reply. Else, the next complaint will be about useless answers from VW, like 'VW says they are following up with the dealer, but nothing is happening'. Mind you, even Skoda canceled Nummer's dealership, clearly there was a follow up action. It is Indian dealerships and their devious ways that VW was not prepared to handle, not the overflow of clientele.
VW is an international company and in any ways a principal. Must be able to handle everything including a dealer. Or else be ready to wind up the shop if not capable enough.

In this case dealer as well as company is responsible. And as per Niranjan, he never got any reply from VW. This shows how they are neglecting the customers and in a way protecting their dealers.

A concrete reply from VW directly to the customer would have been ideal, showing they are here in India with some plans.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post
How can it be an oral agreement when I have paid Rs. 50,000 as booking amount and have a receipt to that effect?

Also, I am not Polo bashing here. I still feel its a nice car. It is the callousness of Volkswagen thats bothering me.
Hi Bunty,

I guess you got me wrong, I was requesting the other members to suggest what you should do next, instead of bashing the company, I am totally with you in this, the company ought to deliver what is promised.

By Oral agreement, what I meant was the date of delivery which was only agreed orally, (as mentioned by you). I wanted people to realize the normally dealer are not bothered about such orally committed dates and if you have a look at few previous issues you will realise only those who have dates written down have faced execution according to dates. Invariably once the dealer commits on orally its never taken seriously by the dealer, not just VW but also there are such cases in Ford dealers
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:57   #54
BHPian

Very sad to hear this. I suppose you did the correct thing opting for another car, even though I doubt this would change the dealer or VWs attitude toward their customer. I booked from the same dealer and serving the waiting period. Initially I was promised delivery by July`2010, last week when I called I was assured delivery by 2nd wk of Aug`10. Looking at your case, I am not too sure of it, I don`t know if I would wait after Aug`10.

But would like to mention here that when I went for booking and enquired about this long waiting period (casually though!) I was given a choice by the SP - Sir, if you make the full payment now, you would get your car within 12 days. I was a bit surprised, so I asked him - can you give this confirmation in writing in your letter head? No answer after that, I can assure you sir etc etc which I didn`t buy because I was ready to wait till July`2010.

I think this kind of practice is followed by other dealers of other manufacturers also where people paying extra are alloted cars out of turn.

As mentioned by somebody and I agree to that - how could Maruti have waiting periods of upto 120days for certain model of Swift even being the no.1 car manufacturer in India with Swift now 5yrs old. There must be people getting paid for forecasting demand, aren`t they capable? I think it is the general attitude of Manufacturers to take customer for granted. Even after all these if Polo gets bookings in 1000s more than VWs expectation, VW is happy, Swift sells in ~10000 per month, Maruti is also happy. Now its upto us to fall into that trap or not.

A computerized booking system controlled by the manufacturer (mean centralized) would be more transparent (with an option like Tatkal ), but it`s a distant dream.
IMO Ford handled this really well for Figo and GM for Beat.

Overtime, VW will probably also improve and their cars and service would also satisfy the majority of customers, but only time will tell. Unless there is a mass grievance or cancellations there is little hope.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:02   #55
BHPian

This thread remembers my childhood, where one of my uncle had to wait for approx four years to receive his Bajaj Chethak scooter, after the booking.

The delay may be because of
  • Supply demand mismatch
  • Capacity & production scalability issues of VW
  • Logistic issues (between VW and dealer)
In my opinion think about canceling the order as last resort since you already waited for three months. Please don't be light hearted and act emotionally, but do a strong move.
  • Please visit your dealer, meet somebody in the senior level and discuss the matter in a gentle, positive and strong manner.
  • Make sure you take a deadline / commitment from the dealer (if possible in writings). But give the message that if they failed the commitments, the booking will be canceled.
  • Try to followup and remember the delivery date regularly (as the demand is more than supply).
  • In case you cancel the order, ensure that you will receive the full booking amount in the promised date.
Tail Piece : This is why I trust only two brands in India (even though they are not the best in quality) - Maruti and Hyundai. At least I am having a good sleep......Also a million more is sleeping along with me.

Last edited by sunil8089 : 23rd June 2010 at 15:05.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

I will be more than happy if Hyundai can deliver 120 Asta in a week. Lot of hindrances created by Dealer will be resolved if you take up the issue with higher ups and demand direct contact numbers of the manufacturer. In my case also dealer was playing games even after 3 months waiting.I got hold the contact number of VW official and the car was delivered in one week time.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:18   #57
BHPian

I have diverted one of my friend who was booked the Maruti Ritz to buy Polo. He booked the Polo in mid of May and the dealer is saying to deliver the car in July end. After reading this thread I just asked to call the dealer and get the status, but thankfully the status is same, dealer ensure to deliver the Polo in July end. If not then I will need the Official contact number from poloman
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

@ poloman: The OP has already raised the issue with the manufacturer through phone calls & mails who has decided, for what ever reasons, not to respond to the complaint. If the only way to get your Polo in a decent time frame is to get hold of the contact number of the MD of the company am afraid that is heights of arrogance. Indian automobile may not be as mature as the western markets but it still has in its brief post liberalization era enough giants who have fallen flat after underestimating the Indian consumers.

Edit: I think its time we accept it is one brand we are talking of whether we interacted with the Dealer, Service Center or the manufacturer. If the dealer is playing games then for me the principal is not in control of his chain, so the manufacturer is equally responsible for the situation. We are talking of "Authorized Dealers / Service Centers" which in my opinion are extended arms of the manufacturer, so why should they be looked in a different way.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 23rd June 2010 at 15:26.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

I am not at all defending VW. This is the realty in most of the brands. Go through the ownership threads to find out how many people received car on the promised date. Would be interested to know the current waiting time of a Swift.
There was an ownership report of a Golf owner from Germany and he had to wait for 3 months to get the delivery. Hope everyone will agree that Germany is a matured market.
VW not replying to mails is unpardonable. This should be the focus of discussion I feel.

Last edited by poloman : 23rd June 2010 at 15:44.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
My my.. you don't know what you have done friend! You have opened the Pandora's box!

Anyway, on a serious note, it is absolutely natural for a person owning a product to have affinity towards the brand and come to its rescue when it is being criticized. However, with better/correct facts and figures as highlighted by EssYouVee, Amartya and James, s/he would stand a better chance of making a point.
and I thought only Steven Spielberg had the right to pandora my point is, when a person wants to buy a vehicle he looks at the brand and not necessarily the whole group. So if particular brand of a group is not upto the mark it does not apply that the whole group is to be criticized and vice versa. Anyways we are here to discuss about delivery problems of car rather than how good is the car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks