Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 15:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Its a long and painful process. You might have a niggle here and there. But it takes a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Looks like 72 years is not enough?
LOL!
But seriously, its shocking how VW hasnt managed a smooth launch despite knowing the geography for several years now (through Skoda and also its own Jetta and Passat for a while now). Its not the <smallish> dealership network that is holding them back - its their production...this from the firm which is nearly the largest car manufacturer in the world!

As has been said by others, Ford's planning with the Figo has to be applauded. They were also a small-volumes player before the Figo, but have coped with the demand admirably well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
PS : Since someone has asked, the waiting period for the Petrol Swift ranges from 1 week to 1.5 Months depending upon variant and colour choice. Even if the dealer dilly-dallies on the committed delivery time, a simple call/mail to Maruti works wonders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
As mentioned by somebody and I agree to that - how could Maruti have waiting periods of upto 120days for certain model of Swift even being the no.1 car manufacturer in India with Swift now 5yrs old. There must be people getting paid for forecasting demand, aren`t they capable?
The newspapers tell me that the Indian auto industry as a whole has been caught napping by the demand levels. Everyone was in rampdown mode due to the 'recession' - which was anyway almost non-existent in Indian auto. And now the boom has hit them squarely in the jaw - pretty much everyone is scrambling to add production capacity. Marginally adding capacity is easy - just get an additional shift or two - but if your projections are off by 50-100%, you need massive capacity additions. Which means new plants or plant expansions, both of which require heavy capex + long lead times. The only ones happy would be the urban planners, and even they know this is just a temporary phase before the true traffic gridlocks begin.

But I am quite surprised at how Hyundai is coping so well with the demand. Any ideas anybody? The i20 is a superhit and yet they offer immediate delivery. And I am guessing there is no waiting period for any of their other models too, i10 included. I am puzzled!

Last edited by Eddy : 25th June 2010 at 16:46. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:42   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia delivery was not this bad, was it?

VW is not making a promising start
Old 25th June 2010, 16:45   #93
BHPian

Informatory

Here's one more of their disasters. Public Notice for cancellation of the Dealership.

Courtesy: Mail Today dated 23.06.10.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp VW kashyap vehicle works.bmp (586.5 KB, 547 views)
Old 25th June 2010, 17:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

The Fabia did not have such big waiting lists for them to goof up.!
Old 25th June 2010, 17:49   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Thad, are you ridiculing Skoda? Where was the demand for the Fabia in the first place?
Old 25th June 2010, 18:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Maruti has been doing this to us since ages.

I believe, the VW Polo has a standard 6 months waiting, no matter what.

In this case, it must be the dealer folly by assuring wrong commitments.
A case of blind love?

In any case, shutting down of the dealership before even the race has begun also indicates that VW is atleast proactive - irrespective of the reason they appointed the dealer in the first instance. Maybe the dealer was applying learnings gleaned from a fellow Skoda dealer to his VW dealership?

Last edited by diffsoft : 25th June 2010 at 18:47.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:16   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Thad, are you ridiculing Skoda? Where was the demand for the Fabia in the first place?
I didn't mean to... but I take your point that there are not many of them around, even after this time.

I don't know what we can gather from the closing of a dealership: anything or nothing.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th June 2010 at 19:18.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:34   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty View Post
Hi all. Starting a new thread here to share my terrible experience with Volkswagen Auto.

I had booked a Volkswagen Polo Hiline Petrol in Red Color on 25th March, 2010 in Pune. An initial booking amount of Rs. 50,000/- as demanded by the company was paid. The dealer assured me orally that my car would be delivered in May or latest by June.

On enquiring in May, the dealer said my allotment is for June and asked me to get in touch with him around 15th June. I called the dealership on 15th June, to be told that my car cannot be delivered before September, 2010.
Since then, Volkswagen Auto has not had the decency to reply to my repeated telephone calls to their Customer Service Numbers (1800 2090909) or emails at customer.care@volkswagen.co.in. The attitude of their Customer Service Executives is one of complete indifference to the customers queries. Standard replies include "We shall get back to you in 24/48 hours" and which they never do. .
I fully agree with Bunty of his experience.

To my knowledge VW pune has received good number of Red H/L cars in June to complete deliveries for bookings till mid march. So you should get yours soon.. may be in July.

Toll free number experience also I will second. I am waiting for last 15 days for their call which VW promised in 48 hrs.

I believe VW will pay interest for mony parked with them / dealers for months together. In old days when waiting period was in years for Padmini and Bajaj 150 they used to pay interest at 9%. By same logic interest of 50K works out to 2250 for 6 months. That is more than cost of set of mats or premium sun film. Why let is go. If they do not pay we must take it up on appropriate platform.

Reading these posts just adds to worries!
Old 25th June 2010, 20:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Here's one more of their disasters. Public Notice for cancellation of the Dealership.

Courtesy: Mail Today dated 23.06.10.
Oh!! this is insane, now what about the bookings and the scheduled deliveries? VW should inform the customers who have booked their cars from this showroom about the deliveries.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:56   #100

Stop Press

STOP PRESS

Hi all.

Guess what. Volkswagen responded, apologized and my car has been delivered.

And that too within the week. She is resting with the dealership now, waiting for the registration formalities. As RTO is closed for the weekend, the registration shall be done on Monday and the car delivered same day. I shall post pics of the car once I get it.

I have cancelled the i20. Sorry Hyundai. Next time.

Thank you all for the support, feedback, guidance and most important; empathy. I shall send a link of this thread to VW. They have to know what the Indian consumer demands. This forum has shown today what the Vox Populi can do.

Regards,

Bunty

PS: Mods- VW has admitted that the Dealership was committing delivery dates as per their instructions. May I request you to again move the thread from Indian Dealerships to General section.
Old 25th June 2010, 21:04   #101

VW cancels Kashyap Dealership

I just came to know thru a fellow member Subaro123 that VW has cancelled Kashyap's dealership in Delhi NCR. I checked their website and found Kashyap's name removed from the Dealers list.
I called the salesperson at Kashyap's who confirmed the info and also assured that by Tuesday it will get resolved as the mgmt is currently at VW hq in Mumbai.
I am so disappointed and upset. Can anybody advise on how long would the dealer take to refund my booking amount??? What does one do if they resort to harassment? I am even more appalled at the treatment meted at customers by VW's customer service.
I really don't know how to go about this. Suggestions welcome!!
Old 25th June 2010, 22:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
As has been said by others, Ford's planning with the Figo has to be applauded. They were also a small-volumes player before the Figo, but have coped with the demand admirably well.

But I am quite surprised at how Hyundai is coping so well with the demand. Any ideas anybody? The i20 is a superhit and yet they offer immediate delivery. And I am guessing there is no waiting period for any of their other models too, i10 included. I am puzzled!
I totally agree, its as I have said always been Suzuki against the others.
That being the case, Ford sure has done a good job in planning its launch. With such volumes.
But mind you, have a look at the Ford booking issues thread, even it has had its share of customers ripping it for delayed deliveries.

Good point about Hyundai, i20 is not that much of difficult volume. But i10 I agree. However, its their primeforte I mean even Suzuki also hasnt delayed Alto after all.

P.S If its OK with the mods can we change the thread title to VW Polo Booking issues, similar to the Figo booking issues thread.
I know this is second time I am requesting a name change. But it has gained volume thats why.
Old 26th June 2010, 22:52   #103
BHPian

Congrats Bunty! Enjoy the Polo!
Hey how long will it take for a petrol highline to get delivered in BAngy?
Old 26th June 2010, 23:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bunty. So VW is taking feedbacks and Team-BHP Seriously.
Again I suggest all the people who have waited for more than 3 months, to bypass dealer and contact VW directly.It works..!
Sudipc, I don't think there is anything to worry in the cancellation of dealership. VW will take care of the stuck customers at a different dealerships. Most probably dealer might have commited something unethical.

Last edited by poloman : 26th June 2010 at 23:15.
Old 27th June 2010, 00:34   #105
BHPian

Today I did go for the cancellation of my booked POLO with Kashyap Vehicles but as per their big car attitude they didn't pay much heed as if they are not bothered by cancellation of dealership. They presently have dealership of VOLVO where they offer TD and delivery of POLO and even today the Sales manager said he had delivered one of the POLO today. Moreover, he said this is the matter of days they would be reinstated as VW dealer. Further, he added they are the dealers of VW when VW was not even in India & they only have brought VW to India. This was all the crap the manager can come up with in convincing me not to cancel the booking. He said I can get my refund back within 7 days referring to the clause mention on the back side of booking order.

I was advised by Retail manager of Delhi Region for VW to cancel the booking with Kashyap immediately and book again with other dealer. I checked with other dealer as well and got info that I would be given same priority as the booking date mentioned in my earlier receipt however the supply would be from different LOT. Now, I am in dilemma if Kashyap finally get the dealership back then what would happen to delivery of my car. Any comment what should I do?

This is to mention that I had written one harsh mail to MD sales dealership of VW in one hour I got call from Retail manager delhi region of VW.

Anyhow I would be going to Kashyap at Noida tomorrow for cancellation of the booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks